I was offered a "cure" today....

ohmylight

Reaction score
For my deafness.

I was set up for a fundraiser/volunteer booth for photography next to a woman who runs a dog grooming truck and works selling essential oils.

Supposedly she cured her blind cat with essential oils.....
.... and it made a paralyzed man walk.

.... and thus for "only $150" I could cure my deafness too.

I told her I wasn't a gecko and I couldn't regenerate..... which she didn't like.

No question here..... It was just ridiculous and I had to share. :lol:

I had a friend that loves essential oils also. She believes in them so much she told me she would like to try to help me hear using those oils. I told her sorry but that won't help one bit and she kept saying lets just try it.. I had to put my foot down and say sorry but I won't try it cause I know it won't help.

exactly! it felt like a massive stupid sales ploy. and to compare me to the successful animals she healed.... lol

For my deafness.

I was set up for a fundraiser/volunteer booth for photography next to a woman who runs a dog grooming truck and works selling essential oils.

I told her I wasn't a gecko and I couldn't regenerate..... which she didn't like.

Oh .. COME ON !!!! why didn't yopu at least try it? $150 is such a small price to pay for restoring your hearing!!!

j/k :giggle:

Oh .. COME ON !!!! why didn't yopu at least try it? $150 is such a small price to pay for restoring your hearing!!!

j/k :giggle:

hahahaha should have brought a friend with me to stand behind her and insist that she "cured me" hahaha

Would have tried it but the blind cat was given sight in 2 weeks.... hahaha

I do not know how I would have dealt with that. I have had to deal with people who have said similar things to me in the past - one of which even claimed that I was deaf as a result of sin and lack of faith (yep).

My reply to that one was "Ohhhh, is that why you were born ugly?"

So .... ummm .... sorry this happened to you.

For my deafness.

i'd ask her - "guarantee? is it 100% refundable though?"

I do not know how I would have dealt with that. I have had to deal with people who have said similar things to me in the past - one of which even claimed that I was deaf as a result of sin and lack of faith (yep).

My reply to that one was "Ohhhh, is that why you were born ugly?"

So .... ummm .... sorry this happened to you.

My "go to" is when someone responds to my "huh sorry?" with talking into my ear.... and I say "they don't work" - makes them flustered every time. haha

For my deafness.

Ugh. Sorry to hear this story. My gut reaction, which is my typical fantasy but that I generally don't have the nerve for:

Oh wow, thanks - you know I can help you too. I have a cure for stupidity and total lack of manners/respect/etc. It's just this big slab of wood, and I whack you on the forehead with it, really hard actually. I think you really need help so I'll do it for free.

Yeah, no, it's not actually a cure. I mean, it might help. It'll probabaly help me feel better anyway.

:giggle:...(reading this thread)...has happened to me so many times too....Even had this religious lady slamming her hands on my head and hollering "HEAL, HEAL"!....and I was :laugh2:...the whole time....She finally gave up and said the reason I wasn't Healed was because I did not have 100% Faith...

:giggle:...(reading this thread)...has happened to me so many times too....Even had this religious lady slamming her hands on my head and hollering "HEAL, HEAL"!....and I was :laugh2:...the whole time....She finally gave up and said the reason I wasn't Healed was because I did not have 100% Faith...

Sounds like that lady had less than 100% of something.

Some woman came to the disability group I founded in college with a bottle of "holy water" from Lourdes. I don't believe in any god, so I don't consider that water holy. She told me in the middle of the meeting if I drank this water that she had, I'd regain my hearing.

We booted her and told her to never come back. I did keep that jar of water as a souvenir for years until it dried up. I believe she collected it herself, they didn't sell bottles of it precollected back then.

:laugh2: I've had this.... HEAL HEAL experience. I attended church with my father "very devout Catholic" and they had a "healing" ceremony. Funniest thing I've ever participated or witnessed by far. People going into "seizures" on stage. I walked up there and they started trying to pull that crap. I just laughed, nope man I'm still deaf. :laugh2: Funny thing was, same exact reply. I didn't have 100% faith, so my hearing wasn't restored. :laugh2: Oh well, born deaf, I have done okay for myself thus far.... think I'll continue to be okay. :P

The sad thing is, a lot of these religions that say "if you have 100% faith you'll be healed) actually give people crap when they aren't magically fixed. This makes the "unfaithful" people feel even shittier and they get stuck in this horrible cycle of their church and the churchgoers thinking that person is unfaithful and not worthy and just blargh.

Some woman came to the disability group I founded in college with a bottle of "holy water" from Lourdes. I don't believe in any god, so I don't consider that water holy. She told me in the middle of the meeting if I drank this water that she had, I'd regain my hearing.

We booted her and told her to never come back. I did keep that jar of water as a souvenir for years until it dried up. I believe she collected it herself, they didn't sell bottles of it precollected back then.

This reminds me of a scene from Orange is the New Black... :)

:laugh2: I've had this.... HEAL HEAL experience. I attended church with my father "very devout Catholic" and they had a "healing" ceremony. Funniest thing I've ever participated or witnessed by far. People going into "seizures" on stage. I walked up there and they started trying to pull that crap. I just laughed, nope man I'm still deaf. :laugh2: Funny thing was, same exact reply. I didn't have 100% faith, so my hearing wasn't restored. :laugh2: Oh well, born deaf, I have done okay for myself thus far.... think I'll continue to be okay. :P

Wonder if they knew there are deaf saints...
MYSTAGOGY: Saint Mark the Deaf
How's that for a conundrum?

cute-cartoon-angel-wings-halo-3d-14508394.jpg

Don't hate me because I'm innocent and a sweet baby! :D

:laugh2:

Seems like it happens to most of us. I had a few friends I had not been in touch with, Christmas cards only. When they found out I was sick and lost my hearing all the healing hype started. "You need to come to my church and have our prayer circle pray over you". The other friend says she heals by using colors. Never wear red, invision the color white, blue, yellow. She claimed she had heald a couple who were deaf. It really ticked me off that they thought it was so easy to "cure" me. As we started talking they both told me about all the health issues they were having. I simply asked "were you wearing red".

I guess people just don't know what to say. I really wanted to hear, "hey can we meet for lunch and catch up" instead of making me feel like I somehow caused my deafness.

Back