I want to start making movies

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Anyone here experience in filmmaking?

The type of movie editing software I'd use for now is Adobe Premiere (link)

As for the camcorder, I'm thinking of either getting the Panasonic DVX100 (link) or Panasonic HVX200 (link)

Any suggestions?????

I also have iMovie, only for Mac OS X, and know how to edit and cut video. I am sorry I don't know much about Window and Linux. There are alot of popluar movie edit softwares in Apple - Final Cut Studio for professionals what you saw on few movies. I don't have Adobe softwares yet. I supposed to know that your computer is based on Window XP?

Panasonic DVX100 (link) or Panasonic HVX200 (link) is quite professional for your filmmaking.

Your dream will come true when you have equipments. :)

I did edit my movie and burn it on DVD. My laptop have DVD burner. My parent surprised that I did make great movie on tv. It was awesome. I wonder if SmileyGin saw me how to edit the video. I better go back to work. Good Lucky!

My laptop is now low! Have a good day!

I forget to add my suggestion. I wonder if your computer have DVD burner.

I'd really like the Final Cut Pro software, but then I'd have to get the Power Mac which means more $$$ to spend.

Did you learn how to make movies and edit videos on your own, or did you go to school for it? I don't think it's that difficult to learn anyway, right?

Thanks.

Edit: Yes, my computer has a DVD burner.

I will answer your questions later. I got to go. I have to work. I am surfing wireless internet here. Ok :)

Alex...

I was thinking about this being a fun hobby!!! :)

I don't have experience in filmmaking, but there was a gal named Ann Marie Bryan...she's made a few deaf related films, not sure where she is now, but her company is called DeafVision Filmworks. I'm going to google it and see if it still exists. I met her back when I was in high school, so as you can imagine, it's been years...LOL.

*huggles* Wishin' ya all the best, pal!

Alex....

Looking to challenge Spielberg for Best Director at the Oscars? Wish ya luck with the project :)

I'd really like the Final Cut Pro software, but then I'd have to get the Power Mac which means more $$$ to spend.

Did you learn how to make movies and edit videos on your own, or did you go to school for it? I don't think it's that difficult to learn anyway, right?

Thanks.

well, people like those who made Vital Signs, they all went to college :D

check out those folks at Apple - Pro - Profiles click "film & video"

I don't go to college to learn how to edit or create filmmaking. I always play iMovie almost powerful movie editing at home. It's simple. Different softwares can be challenges to learn new how to edit your own movie. FinalCut Studio is only one of the best what Hollywood used for movies we watched. It works on both intel and PowerPC chips. Apple announced new Mac Pro, and Power Mac produce is discontinue.

You can learn Adobe Premiere how to edit at home. Have a fun!

Thanks.

You could get by as professional if buy a Apple - Mac mini and this software Apple - Final Cut Express HD :D

aw shucks I recalled someone from AD here mentioned
about the best movie editing software on the computer
and I already spent an hour looking for it somewhere
in this forum without any success !!
(i think it was about six months or 1 year ago)
I cannot even remember his screenid neither...

I am sorry I cannot help at this time. I am so frustrated
because I thought that I already saved the exact name
of movie software program.

Alex-

Thinking of making vlogs? I'm thinking the same thing, too. Since I would try to make vlogs, the standard movie software should suffice. (I'm planning on using my existing Windows software and perhaps ULead movie editing software.) However, I am of the belief that professional software (i.e., Apple hardware/software suite) should be used if professional quality movies are being made, regardless of length or content.

FinalCutPro is the best
Use it. If you dnt have a mac, use your school's mac.

I learned how to use it after tinkling around with it at school. I had made several "mini" movies for my class to present my projects.

It is easy to pick up how to edit movies with FinalCutPro if you spend time to look through the menus and whatnot. My husband helped a bit because he did have a manual (found online somewhere) that explains how to add text, still-images, and whatnot.

Information is accessible. Class could help since you get all information being GIVEN to you rather than you go ou t and search.

I also have iMovie, only for Mac OS X, and know how to edit and cut video. I am sorry I don't know much about Window and Linux. There are alot of popluar movie edit softwares in Apple - Final Cut Studio for professionals what you saw on few movies. I don't have Adobe softwares yet. I supposed to know that your computer is based on Window XP?

Panasonic DVX100 (link) or Panasonic HVX200 (link) is quite professional for your filmmaking.

Your dream will come true when you have equipments. :)

I did edit my movie and burn it on DVD. My laptop have DVD burner. My parent surprised that I did make great movie on tv. It was awesome. I wonder if SmileyGin saw me how to edit the video. I better go back to work. Good Lucky!

My laptop is now low! Have a good day!

me too i have mac SMILE
will get new mac soon

my sister made a imovie DVD of her son class for his 6th grade graduation last may from her mac mini it was COOL

well, people like those who made Vital Signs, they all went to college :D

check out those folks at Apple - Pro - Profiles click "film & video"

I'm sure if he have enough $$$$ then he can afford iMac instead of Mini Mac and iMac is reasonable cost, that what our school use it.

Back