I want to know everything!

Keep in mind I remember things and could do the same for anybody who has been here a while.

JClarke's bio:

Australian in his twenties
Born deaf due to congenital rubella
2 sisters and 1 brother
Dog named Ted
Works for the government as a computer guy
Loves ASL and the USA
Enjoys road trips with his girlfriend in his Ford Fiesta
PS3 gameplayer who just got MacBook Pro
Looking into cochlear implant
Japan enthusiast

There you go Jake. Did I leave anything important out?

Thanks Botts, you have done well but you had close callsi. :P

Here's my actual Bio:

I am a australian and from the future :lol:
I'm 24 (close to mid twenties)
born profoundly deaf due to rubella.
Have 3 sisters and a brother.
I have a 19 month old dog, Ted.
I work for the Australian Goverment as an I.T Support Officer (Level 2)
I'm triligual (Spoken English, ASL and AUSLAN)
Loves road trips and travelling (recently got back from interstate with my SO)
Definitely a PS3 player, but hardly lately - recently own a macBook Pro :D
University Student - BA in Software Engineering, am in my 2nd year.
Have a influence in Japanese Culture.
Freelance Web Developer.

I'm really bored and really want something interesting to read soooooo I want to know everything about you that you're willing to divulge. What's you're real name? How old are you? What makes you, you? What's a cool/sad/life changing experience that you've had? What's your nationality? What have you done that you're proud of? Tell me about your pets! Who/what do you love and why? Post pictures, I want to know you guys!!!

• my name is Tabitha (from the bible not the show Bewitched :roll: :D)
  • 28 years old and my next birthday will be on February 1st
  • 3/4 Prussian (what is now several countries including Germany and Poland) and 1/4 Irish (there is also a dab of Native American)
  • deaf since birth (bilateral mixed hearing loss in moderate to profound range)/mainstreamed/HAs
    • learning ASL/Deaf Culture and being on AllDeaf.com is a big thing for me right now
  • learned German as a child and Spanish as a teenager, but it didn't stick
  • am Lutheran and am more Conservative than Liberal
  • single and looking
  • have hearing mother and father, two hearing older brothers, and a hearing twin sister
    • mother is a housewife and father is self-employed appliance installer in Michigan, oldest brother is a IT trainer for Dell in Texas, older brother worked with lasers in California, sister is unemployed and looking for work for the last three years in Virginia (I am supporting her)
  • have a 5-year-old rottweiler/sheltie mixed rescue dog, Leah, trained as hearing/mobility service dog
  • bachelor's degree in psychology from University of Michigan
  • live in McLean, Fairfax County, VA not far from Washington, DC (I'd love to meet up with anyone in this area; if any AD meetups are taking place, count me in)
  • investigator for the government for five years (didn't realize that I was "the man" for several years :giggle:)
  • trying to get back to a healthy weight for my oldest brother's wedding in a year (lost 11.8 pounds already in 9 weeks) so I am very into exercise and eating right right now
  • love playing video games, watching movies, and reading
    • play on Xbox 360 and PC (games like Halo, Gears of War, Dungeon Siege, Diablo, etc)
    • watch SciFi movies/shows (LoTR, Matrix, Buffy, Angel, etc)
    • read SciFi/Fantasy (LoTR & WoT)
  • love traveling and staying in hotels
  • love playing the flute and piccolo
  • am afraid of stairs (metal stairs doubly so) due to many tumbles down stairs
    • I am alright on escalators if I take my time getting on

Thanks Botts, you have done well but you had close callsi. :P

Here's my actual Bio:

I am a australian and from the future :lol:
I'm 24 (close to mid twenties)
born profoundly deaf due to rubella.
Have 3 sisters and a brother.
I have a 19 month old dog, Ted.
I work for the Australian Goverment as an I.T Support Officer (Level 2)
I'm triligual (Spoken English, ASL and AUSLAN)
Loves road trips and travelling (recently got back from interstate with my SO)
Definitely a PS3 player, but hardly lately - recently own a macBook Pro :D
University Student - BA in Software Engineering, am in my 2nd year.
Have a influence in Japanese Culture.
Freelance Web Developer.

I only missed one sister!

i think it's really sweet you have a guy who loves you and treats you well.. but i can understand how you feel! now is not the right time for me to be with a guy. i have sooo much going on in my life and i don't really have time for dating. i need to focus on myself and do my thing for now.

i would love to see your nail designs!! please post the pics on here if you don't mind? :D

it's so cool how much we're alike..welcome to AD!

Here are some of my nail designs. Post some of yours in return:

22z2q.jpg

sdjk0n.jpg

30cywjc.jpg

2431fo9.jpg

I especially love the last two

samantha those are my fav kind of nail designs!! i go crazy for anything that has leopard/zebra prints. you're very good :D

here's a pic of all my nail polishes :P

001.jpg

i just started this kind of stuff so this is all i have so far. nothing special!

002.jpg

i like to practice on the fake nails before i do it on my real ones.. cause i know i have a tendency to mess up :P

Holy finger paint Batman!
That's right Robin, that's a lot of finger paint!

Samantha and Kate, you almost make me want to be a girl just to play with all those exciting colors and designs. I guess I will just settle for designing wine bottle labels.

This thread was fun to read. So I suppose I should give a small bio.

I am 28, soon to be 29. I live in Huntsville, AL, but I was born and raised in Miami, FL until I went away to college in upstate NY. I've also lived in ATL for several years. I am an engineer. I'm an only child and was born deaf. My parents were born in Cuba and fled there when Castro took over. They were young teenagers, but they didn't know each other back then.

I currently have 8 animals in my house. Just became a wildlife rehabber. I have my two cats, 3 ferrets, and 3 squirrels that I am rehabbing. My girlfriend lives with me, which is why I have the ferrets. They are hers, otherwise, I wouldn't get ferrets (the smell... UGGGG, I have a very sensitive sense of smell). However, I am happy now because I built a play pen for them in the basement to live in, so they moved from my office to the basement. WHEW....

I am relatively handy, thanks to my experiences with Habitat for Humanity as well as having parents who are NOT handy at all..... For every visit to Miami, there's always a thing or two to fix....

That's all for now....

my bio,
My name Travis,
I live in canada, SK
I development to websites vbulletins & different on kind of on company the whole hosting manager
css, javascript, code html,phpadmin, php, code html,design on code,
bio I am experience support to ASL/languages theory,
websites design on skills
I am deaf also hearing aid
I am single!
I have 1 brother and 2 sister

samantha those are my fav kind of nail designs!! i go crazy for anything that has leopard/zebra prints. you're very good :D

here's a pic of all my nail polishes :P

001.jpg

i just started this kind of stuff so this is all i have so far. nothing special!

002.jpg

i like to practice on the fake nails before i do it on my real ones.. cause i know i have a tendency to mess up :P

Kate! Your marbling is impeccable! I wish I knew how. I hear it uses a lot of nail polish. In the fall and winter, I tend to stick with a solid rich color with no design. In the summer is when I go color and design crazy :)

My name Sunshine, 20 years old. I'm engage for marriage my best friend. We together since age 13. We marry next year, then try baby! We buy house, move in 2 weeks! Very exciting time :)

I'm only Deafie my family. Cochlear aplasia. I have two sisters, two brothers, all older. I go university, work small office do graphic design stuff mostly.

Im clumsy. Lol. Very clumsy.

That about it!

Huh?? I thought you said you guys broke up! Now you're engaged? Well, congratulations!

Bottesini- there is something very special about you.

I have been loving your avatars lately- granddaughter?

Bottesini- there is something very special about you.

I have been loving your avatars lately- granddaughter?

:) Two separate granddaughters. The one in the present avatar is the two year old, and previous was her four year old sister.

I am glad you like them.

Back