I thought on the forum ...

^Im on a ton of car forums, there is no where near as much b*tching on any of them.

I started this thread, within 5 posts people tried to turn it into a political flamewar..........No politics here, I will not state where I stand on this topic on this board because there will be even more "Stirring of the pot" which I hate

/Rant

Sweetie, it's the same on every forum. You should check out the eBay clothing and accessories board, they get NASTY.

Yup, same goes with skyscrapercity.com and city-data.com forum, they are much worse than AD.

Back in 2001, I joined gamers.com and bubbleman forum, they are EXTREMELY nasty and the cussing words are very common. The insulting, bashing, provoking and trolling are common too.

Now, you should glad that AD isn't bad and I applauded Alex and all moderators (especially Naisho and Calvin) to do hard work to keep nasty behavior out of forum. You could resolve the problem by talking to members via PM.

^Im on a ton of car forums, there is no where near as much b*tching on any of them.

The car forums that where you attended is probably more tightened and have strict moderating.

Skyscraperpage.com and Cheat Happens forums are very tightened and you could get banned so easily. I got warn from moderator after posted an article about situation with Blizzard games because moderator didn't like my post. :roll:

AD is best forum to discussion, IMO.

I'm a member of many other forums and there is no fighting like is here. The whole political section had gotten way out of hand here so it is no surprise that was closed down. Frankly, I'm glad. Now perhaps this forum can get back to a nicer and reasonable tone.

Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. [/I][/SIZE]

Excellent find! Happens here all the time; people posting crap because there is nothing else for them to do. So they start a series of flaming posts to keep themselves amused, even when it is obvious they know nothing about the subject.

I started this thread, within 5 posts people tried to turn it into a political flamewar..........No politics here, I will not state where I stand on this topic on this board because there will be even more "Stirring of the pot" which I hate

/Rant
Why bother reading anything here? Just curious. When you rant against a section of the forum, expect those members to respond. Like poking a stick into a beehive to see what happens...

I'm a member of many other forums and there is no fighting like is here. The whole political section had gotten way out of hand here so it is no surprise that was closed down. Frankly, I'm glad. Now perhaps this forum can get back to a nicer and reasonable tone.

Yup, when I joined AD in 2005 and there are not much debates, however some members treat me differently due to underage (I was 17 years old when joined AD).

There were bad debates in some section, especially in religious section and HA/CI section, and I started heavily debate with some members in 2006, just one year after joined AD.

Sadly, a debate with nothing but personal potshots soon becomes nothing more than a bar fight without the smell of ciggies. So it was at the political threads; a series of insults with nobody giving an inch. While I respect differing opinions, I am not an idiot because I am not a Liberal or Conservative. The playground has more maturity.

Car forums have a target audience. It has a certain age group of people, ratio of males to females, and the audience reading shares similar interests.

Generalized forums with no specific audience include people of all ages, gender, backgrounds, differences and customs to how they grew up - making us much likely to see more debating on a generalized forum for all kinds of people.

Kind of like, think Apple and Android fanatics; it probably wouldn't work very well if they were both on the same forum - but if it was an Apple only or Android only forum, it's a different story.

Same deal that goes on with those political forums you see out there - the ones that include both parties have the worst fighting.

Back