I think I may get this as my new car...

StSapphire

Reaction score
2008 MINI Cooper Hardtop for sale in Cincinnati, OH – Cincinnati MINI

3011964269x400.jpg

I've just got to see if I can get it a little closer into my price range, it's just barely (3000-4000) out of mine right now.

mini

2008 MINI Cooper Hardtop for sale in Cincinnati, OH – Cincinnati MINI

3011964269x400.jpg

I've just got to see if I can get it a little closer into my price range, it's just barely (3000-4000) out of mine right now.

My friend StSapphire, I love it and can imagine how very cool you will look in the cooper. It's nice looking and try to negotiate. In this day of tightening our belts, almost everyone is willing to consider offers. You ROCK ! and
should treat yourself good. you deserve it. If not this one, then keep looking till you find something the "moves you" lol, wild thing..Midnight♥♥♥

My friend StSapphire, I love it and can imagine how very cool you will look in the cooper. It's nice looking and try to negotiate. In this day of tightening our belts, almost everyone is willing to consider offers. You ROCK ! and
should treat yourself good. you deserve it. If not this one, then keep looking till you find something the "moves you" lol, wild thing..Midnight♥♥♥

Yep, I've taken them out for a spin several times, and it's a blast to drive. I'm gonna keep looking a little bit, because unfortunately, for the packages and everything, the dealer's got this one priced just about right according to Edmunds, lol. Oh well, we'll see what I can do. I may just go for it anyways and tighten my belt a bit so that I can have a fun toy. :giggle:

I love the Mini's. :)

Maybe you can find one used, one or two years old. The purchase price will be a lot less, and taxes and insurance should be less, too.

I love the Mini's. :)

Maybe you can find one used, one or two years old. The purchase price will be a lot less, and taxes and insurance should be less, too.

That's what I'm looking at. I want a 2007 or newer, because that's when they remade the body, swapped out the supercharger for a turbocharger, and increased the HP by about 10-15 HP.

The one I'm looking at right now is an '08, but only has 30,000 miles on it, which is probably why it's asking as high as it is. However, the lower miles might make it worth the extra investment in the long run. (This one is also decked out with basically every option except for the navigation, which looks kinda silly in the Mini anyways, and had literally its entire lifetime worth of maintenance done at Cincinnati Mini, so it's in extremely good condition.)

Wirelessly posted

I hope you can get it. I want one but I can't fit two car seats and a double stroller in one :-(

Those minis are sweet. I've always want to buy it since I saw The Italian Job. I have a thing for small cool cars.

Wirelessly posted

I hope you can get it. I want one but I can't fit two car seats and a double stroller in one :-(

Hah, nope, I'd imagine not. Luckily, I don't need any carseats, strollers, or things that can drool (except for myself while looking at it) to fit into the car.

Those minis are sweet. I've always want to buy it since I saw The Italian Job. I have a thing for small cool cars.

Me too. If you get a chance, take one for a test drive. They're even more fun to drive than they are to look at. I'm planning on taking mine out autocrossing several times this summer whenever I get it.

Sweet. But costly repairs...... I smog Mini Coopers. Want powerful Cooper? Go with a Cooper S is supercharged motor and manual tranny. You will love it like a super go kart cuz of sensitive handle. One negative is if you hit the high height parking curb or rear end of the vehicle then the A/C condenser/ radiator maybe damaged very easy even you travel 5 or 10 mph to impact the object. The auto insurances are not enjoying with them.
Last couple of months ago, I smogged a 2005 Cooper, saw white stream from defrost vents ( on top of the dashboard), then I knew it is heater core leaking. A customer declined the heater core replacement, very costly repair. Another problem is electric power steering pump make noise only occur in start up.
You still want it, make sure the used Cooper have no accident history and verify repair history before you buy it. Good luck. In California, Mini Coopers are very popular due to excellent weather. Dst

Sweet. But costly repairs...... I smog Mini Coopers. Want powerful Cooper? Go with a Cooper S is supercharged motor and manual tranny. You will love it like a super go kart cuz of sensitive handle. One negative is if you hit the high height parking curb or rear end of the vehicle then the A/C condenser/ radiator maybe damaged very easy even you travel 5 or 10 mph to impact the object. The auto insurances are not enjoying with them.
Last couple of months ago, I smogged a 2005 Cooper, saw white stream from defrost vents ( on top of the dashboard), then I knew it is heater core leaking. A customer declined the heater core replacement, very costly repair. Another problem is electric power steering pump make noise only occur in start up.
You still want it, make sure the used Cooper have no accident history and verify repair history before you buy it. Good luck. In California, Mini Coopers are very popular due to excellent weather. Dst

The Cooper S hatchback (manual, obviously) is exactly which model I'm looking at.

The 2007 and newer models are actually Turbocharged, not Supercharged, too.

Thanks for the rest of that, though, good to know.

Warren Brown, a car writer for the Washington Post, LOVES his Mini, but he admits it has spent a fair amount of time in the shop. He still loves it anyway.

Don't kid yourself; a car is not an investment. However, your personal motoring pleasure is an investment in well-being.:lol:

Definitely negotiate as much as you can, but in the long run, where is the point where going over budget will make a serious difference to you? I am all in favor of sticking to a budget and am known far and wide for my car negotiating skills (one of my best buddies asked me to go with him to help negotiate his car purchase).

That said - I bought myself a Nissan 350Z roadster, Redline, a few years ago as my mid-life crisis present to myself. No point in having a mid-life crisis if you don't get a red convertible out of it. :cool2: I love it and did stick to budget, since it was a left-over 2005, delivered in late December (not a great time to sell convertibles) which I bought in early April of 2006. I bought it for about $8,000 under MSRP, a very good deal.

So - it's all about the balance, keeping budget in mind but getting what you really want, too.

A friend of mine, he owns a 2005 mini cooper, when he came from Sydney to visit, I attempted to give a test drive of his car, and I failed. I sucked, his car is manual and I have been driving manual cars for 5 years, but I couldn't even drive his car, I don't know why. Don't ask. I'd perfer my fiesta :lol:

A friend of mine, he owns a 2005 mini cooper, when he came from Sydney to visit, I attempted to give a test drive of his car, and I failed. I sucked, his car is manual and I have been driving manual cars for 5 years, but I couldn't even drive his car, I don't know why. Don't ask. I'd perfer my fiesta :lol:

I grew up driving manuals.....it still took me a month to learn to drive my 911. I looked like Rocky driving the Trans Am in Rocky II.... :lol: erk.....erk.....erk

huh.... weird.... hmmmm interesting. I went to dealership and test-drove mini. I redlined it. damn fun car. Its manual was very easy to drive with compared to my shitty old Saab.

huh.... weird.... hmmmm interesting. I went to dealership and test-drove mini. I redlined it. damn fun car. Its manual was very easy to drive with compared to my shitty old Saab.
I know, its weird. I was like, the fuck?

Compared to what I drive my fiesta, the clutch is very different to the mini to mine.
It is a very small car - maybe I'll just have to give it another go when I am in Sydney next time.

Back