I start...

lovezebras

Reaction score
ASL tomorrow! I found a tutor who usually works with children but is willing to work with me to teach me! She also goes to deaf events and meetups at the university with other ASL students to practice signing in group settings. So, to say I'm excited is an understatement :)

Have fun. You need to drag drphil along with you so he can see the deaf world

Um, ya probably not, not offense to him but I'd rather not hear him say for the hundred thousandth time how he was "Implanted Sunnybrook/Toronto -Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07" plus I don't thin drphil has ANY interest what so ever in the Deaf community or ASL. Plus we don't live in the same city :)

Bunch of HOH on here have no desire to learn asl too. Probably why alex set up allhearing.com

I have been bilateral DEAF since December 20, 2006. That fact will never change Implant disconnected every time I go daily swimming. Real quiet!

That is why I started the process of Cochlear Implant evaluation-Sunnybrook/Toronto. Successful-implanted July 12, 2007 activated August 8, 2007.

I am well aware of the DEAF world- As noted above-part of it-since December 20,2006.
To the best of my knowledge haven't "forced" anyone to response to any comment I have made since joining AllDeaf.com -July/10.

So far haven't commented 100,000 times yet. Perhaps in 100 years-if still alive.

Last edited:
I have been bilateral DEAF since December 20, 2006. That fact will never change Implant disconnected every time I go daily swimming. Real quiet!

That is why I started the process of Cochlear Implant evaluation-Sunnybrook/Toronto. Successful-implanted July 12, 2007 activated August 8, 2007.

um ...and your point is?

curious who is this person? dont use this persons full name. maybe PM me or put the first name and one letter for a last name. I wonder if it's amanda??? if not how old is the tutor who will teach you.

curious who is this person? dont use this persons full name. maybe PM me or put the first name and one letter for a last name. I wonder if it's amanda??? if not how old is the tutor who will teach you.

you know people from ottawa?

well ontario is sort of close to new york but it's a pretty big province and ottawa is in ontario

ook well the girl teaching me ASL is young I believe she's 23

Hey... I live in Ottawa. I am curious where you are learning ASL here in Ottawa. I got several good friends who are ASL teachers here. :)

I'm doing it privately. I get one on one lessons every week for 2 hours. I have a fluent ASL student who has just started her own ASL tutoring company teaching me.

I'm doing it privately. I get one on one lessons every week for 2 hours. I have a fluent ASL student who has just started her own ASL tutoring company teaching me.
You're being tutored by a student? Do you mean a graduate student?

Back