I saw a coyote tonight while taking Marty..

You have to respect the animal.....no doubt. Making noise is the way the area Forrest rangers suggest you deal with Black bears.

Grizzlies are different. I would shit my pants if a griz was stealing beer off my deck. None in the area though. Biggest concerns in the area are cougars and rattlesnakes. Those aren't cute. :lol:

I'd bring a mouse if I'm around elephants next time. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpTSA_25wGE]YouTube - ‪Mythbusters: Are elephants afraid of mice?‬‏[/ame]

Actually Bubba thinks he is a dog....he kinda barks and he plays with other dogs. So I should probably call him a dog since he has chosen to live a dog lifestyle. I know there has been a big debate on whether he should shit in the woods or not

Probably due to the people's stupidity.

Most of the attacks are made by male bears looking for food! The web site I posted said most people think the mother bear with a cub attack people. At least we have no bears in my city! At least not yet!!

Most of the attacks are made by male bears looking for food! The web site I posted said most people think the mother bear with a cub attack people. At least we have no bears in my city! At least not yet!!

I wouldn't hesitate to assume that people got too close or somehow aggravated them. Black bears are not known to attack and eat people. Primarily, they eat mostly fruits and nuts, a small portion of their meat may be fish, small animals, etc.

I wouldn't hesitate to assume that people got too close or somehow aggravated them. Black bears are not known to attack and eat people. Primarily, they eat mostly fruits and nuts, a small portion of their meat may be fish, small animals, etc.

Reminds me of that joke:

What are a typical redneck's last words?

"hey y'all, watch this!!"

You do get the occasional idiot who manages to get killed by a wild animal at the zoo. I wouldn't want to face those same wild animals without benefit of moat and/or fence.

bear-1.jpg

Back