I need your help!!!!

Simple... Old linksys without CISCO will work with VP200. Newer Linksys with CISCO won't work VP200 due CISCO rid h.323. VP200 need H.323 for video.
well, how do u explain that my new linksys wireless router (model wrt 400n) works with vp200?????? Yes it's linksys with cicso

well, how do u explain that my new linksys wireless router (model wrt 400n) works with vp200?????? Yes it's linksys with cicso

Linksys is very weird sometime. I still don't understand why they are mixed up like that. You must be lucky. I just want to avoid from headache with linksys. How hell I know which of them will work or not? I am not going to wasted my time to test with all models of them. So D-link is work great for ANY models.

Linksys is very weird sometime. I still don't understand why they are mixed up like that. You must be lucky. I just want to avoid from headache with linksys. How hell I know which of them will work or not? I am not going to wasted my time to test with all models of them. So D-link is work great for ANY models.
Sorry to say, but fail!

Not sure if you read my posts. Yesterday, I bought a new linksys simultaneous dual-band wireless-N router and yes its linksys by cisco. it works great with VP200.

I don't blame you and can understand why deaf people claimed linksys is not working with VP200. However, speaking from my experience, it works with this model-wrt-400N.

Not sure if you read my posts. Yesterday, I bought a new linksys simultaneous dual-band wireless-N router and yes its linksys by cisco. it works great with VP200.

Yes, I missed your post. You noticed why some of us said Linksys won't work because it's happen to us before. :aw:

I don't blame you and can understand why deaf people claimed linksys is not working with VP200. However, speaking from my experience, it works with this model-wrt-400N.

Don't mean all of models. I can't remember what kind of model that won't work with VP200.

Yep! Only way to avoid from headache with damn Linksys.

Wait a min... You forget add red.. You are failed!
Well, yes but the english grammar is wrong which is not failed (it is not in the past yet) and it should be EPIC FAIL!

I had worked for Sorenson in several years ago. I installed Sorenson non-wireless SR-200 router for using Sorenson videphone only to add customer s wireless Linksys router. That s smiple to set up.

That business modem, SMC can because usually ISP gives you more than one public IP address, and I have done that it is piece of cake with SMC cable modem.

Im speaking of limitation on DMZ *per* public IP address.

Why do you think in order to get 2 VP working requires additional public IP address? I am sure this answers your question.

Actually it is H.263 for video, the H.323 is no problem with Linksys and it used to get IPphones (Including Videophones) connected. Your right about Linksys without Cisco logo works much better with VP, however Cisco had improved but not enough yet. What I mean is that Linksys between 2001 and 2005 are pretty much out of luck with VP, and after 2005, it is on and off even with same model #.

Simple... Old linksys without CISCO will work with VP200. Newer Linksys with CISCO won't work VP200 due CISCO rid h.323. VP200 need H.323 for video.

I am disagreed with you.
Advanced_Internet_MultiDMZ.png

I used had business SMC router before and I seen more than one DMZ.
Prove? Here a picture.

newnatdmz11.jpg

I can tell you never work for business with large network before.

Made sense to me now. You should not challenge with me about 5100B. I passed network + in 8 years ago and I used work as IT for 7 YEARS.

GET A FACT FOR NEXT TIME!

And WHOA! most of ADers are not business or do not have the advance networking system here and it is no need to go that far! Again, I am speaking for general residence networking. Hold your horses on advanced and I know your right at that area.

Well, yes but the english grammar is wrong which is not failed (it is not in the past yet) and it should be EPIC FAIL!

Make that Double Epic Fail
I installed MVP on one of my customer which came with linksys CISCO wireless -N router. I use port forward, not DMZ. VP200 works like a charm.

That business modem, SMC can because usually ISP gives you more than one public IP address, and I have done that it is piece of cake with SMC cable modem.

Im speaking of limitation on DMZ *per* public IP address.

Why do you think in order to get 2 VP working requires additional public IP address? I am sure this answers your question.

Actually it is H.263 for video, the H.323 is no problem with Linksys and it used to get IPphones (Including Videophones) connected. Your right about Linksys without Cisco logo works much better with VP, however Cisco had improved but not enough yet. What I mean is that Linksys between 2001 and 2005 are pretty much out of luck with VP, and after 2005, it is on and off even with same model #.

And WHOA! most of ADers are not business or do not have the advance networking system here and it is no need to go that far! Again, I am speaking for general residence networking. Hold your horses on advanced and I know your right at that area.

No, It is not modem. It's router. It dont have not phone line port or Coaxial port. You can get more than one public IP address and work great with muilt dmz.

If got more than one hosts that requires port to be forwarding, then DMZ is out of option.

Yes, DMZ multi will work with more than one hosts. There is no such out of option.

Make that Double Epic Fail
I installed MVP on one of my customer which came with linksys CISCO wireless -N router. I use port forward, not DMZ. VP200 works like a charm.

DMZ and port forward do not matter. I guess you don't read whole my posts.

TRIPLE EPIC FAIL

Look like Linksys WIFI N work great but how about Linksys WIFI G?

TRIPLE EPIC FAIL

N is better than G. I tested it with my iPhone wifi ( not sure if it's g or n) and the result is 15mbps and 5mbps. :)
:shock: and I have a huge house four floors and I tested it everywhere in the house even bathroom. It's same result.

TRIPLE EPIC FAIL

I do read read the whole post, you know what, it's funny really. It does matter. Business do not use DMZ at all. Many business company use port forward instead of DMZ. DMZ is lazy and easy to use but useless.

GUADRUPLE FAIL.

Last edited:
I do read read the whole post, you know what, it's funny really. It does matter. Business do not use DMZ at all. Many business company use port forward instead of DMZ. DMX is lazy and easy to use but useless.

GUADRUPLE FAIL.
See in bold

That will be more than a quadruple FAIL!

Back