I need buy DVD Player for 1080i or 1080p with CC

rhr

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I need buy DVD Player with 1080i or 1080p with Closed Caption but not subtitle, any you have dvd player, what company and model?

I know some HDMI or Component video with 1080i/p are not working closed caption

any

You are require to use HDMI to upscale the DVD into 720p to 1080i, even rarely are 1080p except if you get PS3.

I have HDTV 1080p with HDMI won't work CC
Component video work CC for only 480i but 480p or high is not working, i need 1080i or 1080p with CC

You are require to use HDMI to upscale the DVD into 720p to 1080i, even rarely are 1080p except if you get PS3.

I have HDTV 1080p with HDMI won't work CC
Component video work CC for only 480i but 480p or high is not working, i need 1080i or 1080p with CC

I have same problem as you did.

There's nothing to do about want CC on DVD movies via component cable or HDMI then you have wait until someone invent new CC decode for component and HDMI cable.

Just struck with subtitles on DVD.

Shit, I read manuel said component for only 480i or 480p at Samsung DVD-HD1080P7 but only HDMI for 480i to 1080p not support CC

I will exhcnage Samsung DVD-HD870 support 480/720/1080i without HDMI,

I have same problem as you did.

There's nothing to do about want CC on DVD movies via component cable or HDMI then you have wait until someone invent new CC decode for component and HDMI cable.

Just struck with subtitles on DVD.

Shit, I read manuel said component for only 480i or 480p at Samsung DVD-HD1080P7 but only HDMI for 480i to 1080p not support CC

I will exhcnage Samsung DVD-HD870 support 480/720/1080i without HDMI,

Yup, new tech is getting more complicated.

Also, you aren't alone but other ADers got same problem.

I'm going to look SOOO carefully on back of DVD if support subtitle, not CC only.

480p is better than 480i, of course.

I read infomation all webiste
I am wrong not HDMI or Component

ONLY 480i will work CC
480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p will not work CC

Yup, new tech is getting more complicated.

Also, you aren't alone but other ADers got same problem.

I'm going to look SOOO carefully on back of DVD if support subtitle, not CC only.

480p is better than 480i, of course.

I read infomation all webiste
I am wrong not HDMI or Component

ONLY 480i will work CC
480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p will not work CC

That's sounds correct to me. Analog CC only works at 480i or lower. In fact analog CC will only work in interlaced mode. I have never seen a DVD player that actually outputs CC in 480p or higher. Anything higher than 480p would have to be digital CC. If you have seen one, please let me know the brand and model number of DVD player.

Thanks,
Peter

That's sounds correct to me. Analog CC only works at 480i or lower. In fact analog CC will only work in interlaced mode. I have never seen a DVD player that actually outputs CC in 480p or higher. Anything higher than 480p would have to be digital CC. If you have seen one, please let me know the brand and model number of DVD player.

Thanks,
Peter

This has been my experience as well. It's very frustrating. I like captions better than subtitles and I want captions on DVDs that get upscaled to near HD quality.

This has been my experience as well. It's very frustrating. I like captions better than subtitles and I want captions on DVDs that get upscaled to near HD quality.

Yeah that's what I would think. I don't understand why that model wasn't invented yet. Basically deaf people got screwed.

Ain't happening.

More studios are now using SDH instead of CC. mainly because of CC issues on digital televisions these days. SDH offer the same type of captioning found on DVDs with CC. It offer sound descriptions, names, all spoken dialogues, etc.

The problem is, CC is an analog technology. So it's becoming more difficult to work with CC these days. The thing is, the technology require interlaced signals. It has to be inserted at every 21st line in order to display CC properly.

For the last 10 years, we've had a lot of issues with CC when the DVD format was introduced. Once 480p television models were out on the market, people quickly discovered that there were captioning issues when they enabled the DVD player in progressive scan.

So in the end, we will be using SDH instead for high-def formats because it's easier to work with and it's a 99.9% guarantee you won't face any problems with SDH while many people will face problems with CC on HDTV these days.

Sometimes we just need to move onto a different technology for the better. The CC technology has been too problematic for long enough. After 10 years, people are still running into problems and we will continue to as the TV models continue to be upgraded to a higher resolution. So, that's why SDH is a sound solution for the DVD and hi-def formats.

Well, I like CC better. Problem with SDH is that it doesn't flow good. It stay in one place while CC goes to person that is speaking or that CC's location and timing is changeable to follow the pattern of sentence. And it stays on the black bar where SDH block out the part of bottom picture. I hated when part of picture is blocked out.

And with Disney, they made more mistake with SDH than they did with CC. Timing is usually off with SDH rather than with CC.

It's like SDH is so rigid where CC's not.

Have any of you guys actually compare both when movie offers both? In some movies you will actually see the difference even though both are designed for deaf/hoh audience.

I can at least pray that they continue to improve SDH and make it more flexible.

Oh well. It can't be helped if they have technology problem with CC.

One nice thing they could have add with DVD player is make mode where SDH can be on all the time for deaf audience. I already have CC on all the time for television and I find it annoyed that I have to turn SDH on each time I start the movie. Hearing people don't have to put on volume each time unless they are using stereo or other technology to enhance sound quality.

I just want to be like other people, just click on "play" and sit down. Not have to go through menu and stuff.

Banjo, what about Digital Closed Captioning, like I see on my HD-DVR for HD channels? Why can't DVDs and HD-DVDs use that?

Banjo, what about Digital Closed Captioning, like I see on my HD-DVR for HD channels? Why can't DVDs and HD-DVDs use that?

Digital CC is alot better than analog CC but won't work for 480p or up.

You can get ATSC channels from antenna, all are local channel but haven't broadcating the ATSC for network like Nick, MTV, TNT, Spike, G4, Logo or Fuel TV because all of them are in NTSC. Also other option is getting HD receiver from Directv or Dish to catch ATSC channels.

Digital CC is alot better than analog CC but won't work for 480p or up.

You can get ATSC channels from antenna, all are local channel but haven't broadcating the ATSC for network like Nick, MTV, TNT, Spike, G4, Logo or Fuel TV because all of them are in NTSC. Also other option is getting HD receiver from Directv or Dish to catch ATSC channels.

That's what I have. DirecTV's HR-20 HighDef DVR. It's great. Captions sucked to start but now they're just fine--on HD and SD. (I hear MPEG4 HD has some problems, but without those channels to test, I don't know.)

They're not user-friendly.

Sony use SDH on Blu-Ray and it resemble CC. It has a black background. They even move it around like they would with CC.

But to be honest, I'll rather have SDH. It's the same with DVD. I have a portable DVD player, and there's no CC decoder on it. Sometimes when I travel, I will bring a portable DVD player with me. Portable DVD players in general don't have CC decoders. I don't recall any that featured such a thing.

That's why it's better to have SDH because it guarantee you will get access, no matter what situation you are in. With CC, you can't get that guarantee.

Right, shit

Thanks,
Peter

let you know, lot of problem

ATSC Bulti-in CC
CC for 480i to 1080i, work

DVR Bulti-in CC

B U T

Player version:
DVD / HD-DVD / Blu-Ray will work only 480i alone

Windows XP Media Center Edtion and Vista Utlmate & Home Premium version:
They will work DVD / HD-DVD / Blu-Ray up to 1080p !!!! but lousy CC, I need Fucation CC (size, color, fonts, etc..) but not perfect 21 line

Any you have DVD / HD-DVD / Blu-Ray Player BULTI-IN CC to 1080i/p same like DVR set-box??

between Out CC or In CC

DVR, Set-box, ASTC HDTV, Media Center Edtion are IN CC

DVD / HD-DVD / Blu-Ray are OUT CC only, I need IN CC

let you know, lot of problem

ATSC Bulti-in CC

DVR Bulti-in CC

B U T

Player version:
DVD / HD-DVD / Blu-Ray will work only 480i alone

Windows XP Media Center Edtion and Vista Utlmate & Home Premium version:
They will work DVD / HD-DVD / Blu-Ray up to 1080p !!!! but lousy CC, I need Fucation CC (size, color, fonts, etc..) but not perfect 21 line

Any you have DVD / HD-DVD / Blu-Ray Player BULTI-IN CC to 1080i/p same like DVR set-box??

between Out CC or In CC

DVR, Set-box, ASTC HDTV, Media Center Edtion are IN CC

DVD / HD-DVD / Blu-Ray are OUT CC only, I need IN CC

Excuse me, BD movies don't support CC anymore then you just got nothing on 480i.

BD movies are designed for HD, from 720p to 1080p.

Get a life and quit whining about CC issue.

It's idiot for people who buy BD or HD-DVD movies then watch on SDTV, picture quality will declining into 480i or 480p, even more worse than DVD.

If you own SDTV only then get DVD, don't bother to buy BD or HD-DVD movies.

Back