I need a quick help on police calls.

just post the sign at front door "beware of dog behind you"

You could put up a "No Trespassing" sign , if they come back again and knock on your door call the cops .

Last edited by a moderator:
This is correct procedure because police need to have documents with your signature and ID. This is one way to keep document paper trail, and you could use it in the court of law. Calling in police will not document anything at all, just a recorded call that can not be used in court. In judicial system, the paper is stronger than the mouth.

If they come back after 2 notices not to do so...feel it's Harrassment...and Stalking....I'd try to get their names....then go down to the nearest Police Sub-station and file a complaint...some stations require you to go to the Courthouse tho'....

Are these JW's Deaf or Hearing?....

Can do that but the catch IS, what I learn my lesson doing that way is that it can take FOREVER for police to show up. Depending on how many police officer available, and how crazy day town got. They got their priorities, and your issue may be last on their to-do list. That's why just go to nearest police station, they are gonna be stuck with you and get over with it.

What happened may surprise you. When our teenager son didn't come back home from school. We called school, and they don't see my son, we called after school activities to see if he is there? Nope, we called school bus and they said no sign of him. We called 911, that was 4PM, then 6pm our son finally showed up. Found out he was in chess club. Guess what happened? Cops knocked our door at 1 am the next morning to see if our son is still missing. I was like WTF? Why it is taking them 8 hours to respond? I am not sure why. We decided not to fuss up with this one. Its unbelievable!

I've dealt with JW missionary before. My wife decided to invite them in the next week and She had a good Bible discussion with them. They got scared and left. I never seen them ever again! :giggle: I even had LDS missionary over my place and told them to hide and wait for JW missionary come in and sit down. Bam! I told Elders to come out of their hiding place and sat down with them. Oh boy I love it! They did great job destroy their teamwork and nearly had one JW missionary become interested in LDS. After that they left. I thanked Elder for coming over. They really enjoyed that. After that I've never seen JW Missionary ever again. I think they had us "black listed" so we can have peace. :rofl:

Simply is that you just call VRS directly and tell them to dial 911 and tell them it's a non emergency purpose and wanted Police to come and kick JW missionary out. Simple as is.

Catty

Can do that but the catch IS, what I learn my lesson doing that way is that it can take FOREVER for police to show up. Depending on how many police officer available, and how crazy day town got. They got their priorities, and your issue may be last on their to-do list. That's why just go to nearest police station, they are gonna be stuck with you and get over with it.

What happened may surprise you. When our teenager son didn't come back home from school. We called school, and they don't see my son, we called after school activities to see if he is there? Nope, we called school bus and they said no sign of him. We called 911, that was 4PM, then 6pm our son finally showed up. Found out he was in chess club. Guess what happened? Cops knocked our door at 1 am the next morning to see if our son is still missing. I was like WTF? Why it is taking them 8 hours to respond? I am not sure why. We decided not to fuss up with this one. Its unbelievable!

in here - police will show up within 2 minutes. I guess that's why these cops get paid 6-figures.

I wouldn't be surprised if NYPD shows up next day :lol:

Most of the time, it just 2 minutes but once 8 friggin hours, I am not sure what is going on within police department.

Supposedly, there is severe riot in downtown, then your emergency which requires police officer present (Like somebody broke in the house) may take longer than normal.

in here - police will show up within 2 minutes. I guess that's why these cops get paid 6-figures.

I wouldn't be surprised if NYPD shows up next day :lol:

Most of the time, it just 2 minutes but once 8 friggin hours, I am not sure what is going on within police department.
yea I don't know what's up with that but I guess it's largely because they've had many calls like this and majority of time - it's a false alarm :dunno:

they'd obviously come right away if your child is missing for 24 hours or if he/she's in grave danger.

Supposedly, there is severe riot in downtown, then your emergency which requires police officer present (Like somebody broke in the house) may take longer than normal.
we don't have a "downtown".

but yea that's to be expected for those with "downtown". I can't remember the last time we've ever had that kind of situation in here - beside 2343242 riots in NYC :lol:

Me too, no idea and Im not gonna fuss up with that cause my son is safe is all matters to me.

Not just downtown. Im just giving an example that is all, it could include small town with limited police officers on duty and if there is life or death drama going on, likely all of these cops on duty will have to show up that place before else, you know. It all depends on availability and where priorities they are at.

I don't mean to stray off topic but it is one reason why 2nd Amendment exists, to protect yourself in event cops can't respond in timely manner due to whatever reason they got.

yea I don't know what's up with that but I guess it's largely because they've had many calls like this and majority of time - it's a false alarm :dunno:

they'd obviously come right away if your child is missing for 24 hours or if he/she's in grave danger.

we don't have a "downtown".

but yea that's to be expected for those with "downtown". I can't remember the last time we've ever had that kind of situation in here - beside 2343242 riots in NYC :lol:

If your town has an anti-solicitation law, you could call the regular police number (not the emergency number) to report a violation. Assuming that you warned the violator that you do not want them visiting again.

The police would simply record details of the incident. If it happens again, police would have the details to possibly charge the violator with breaking the anti-soliticitor law or give them a warning.

Gives you a little bit of muscle to back up your request that the JWs stay away.

Good grief!!! that's terrible!!!! not acceptable to have that happen. How are they to get the amber alert out if kid was really gone?!

Exactly my thinking. I had to keep cool and kept communicate with all involved including 911.

Good grief!!! that's terrible!!!! not acceptable to have that happen. How are they to get the amber alert out if kid was really gone?!

When I was younger I visited over my friend's house. I noticed his mother invited JW team for help her son's behavior as mom want him to change life cuz, he is troublemaker too much. and then, JW turned look at me and smile. I said like WTH....

They visited over my home while I fix my car. I was upset I'm too busy. I found out my friend's mother did send my address to JW where I live...

They offer me a free God DVD and free bible books...

They offer me go out meeting deafies at pizza...

I felt so harassment. I told them Get fucking out of my fucking freak life! I don't want a fucking brainwashing! Go to fucking Hell! They gasped and left. no more visit me again. Whew, I felt so free.

Is it possible to just not answer the door when you see JW's are there?

I do that now. At first I'd answer just to basically ask them to remove my address from their targeted ones......I say targeted because, usually, one of them will sign.

Well...I'm not "hiding" from anybody...and feel if they don't get the message the first time after telling them I'm not interested...then sure as hell the 2nd time they'll get it!...Feel nobody in their own homes need or have to hide from anybody....and of course, they'll leave all those pamphlets and will come back again..and again.....and again....

Then they'll leave some JW pamphlet at your door and I hate that ! I can't stand anyone trying to force their beliefs onto me! They came back to my condo after not being around for years , I was not home and they left their JW pamphlet at my door. I was pissed off!

Well...I'm not "hiding" from anybody...and feel if they don't get the message the first time after telling them I'm not interested...then sure as hell the 2nd time they'll get it!...Feel nobody in their own homes need or have to hide from anybody....and of course, they'll leave all those pamphlets and will come back again..and again.....and again....

I was trying to friendly with a neighbor and introduce myself to the woman, everything was going fine until she asked me if I like to read. I thought "oh crap" and sure enough the woman took some JW pamphlets out of her huge bag and started to give to me, I did not take them. And that was the end of our talk. I bet she was the one that left one at my door. GRRR! If I say I am Jewish they'll really keep coming back. My sister found that out . I will not hide either ,if they come again and I am home I will tell the people they're trespassing andI will call the cops if they come again.

2 weeks in a row, a couple of JW guys (I'm very certain they are JW) came knocking on my door. First time I was up but didn't have my ears on, and just thought my dog was being a fool when barking at the door...oops turns out there were a couple of folks at my door. I didn't answer. 2nd time, I was still in BED (I sleep late on weekends). Ugh! Again didn't answer the door. But uugghhh! I thought I told them off LAST year (sent them a rather rude email telling them to F off and to leave me and the rest of the deaf community alone). I do not like JW at all. It's freaky how they just find out where deaf people live and then just go out and try to convince the deaf to join their bible studies and shit. Seriously....... stalker much? Damn, the same JW lady kept visiting me at WORK... uugghh I had to tell her to quit coming in, as I'm there to WORK not to chat. JW are stalkers I think. Even once last year when JW guys came to my door, as soon as I opened my door and saw who they were I immediately said "NO!" loudly and they were a bit taken back by that. Geesh. quit chasing down every "tip" of where a deaf person is (either where they live or where they work).

That is what I called "Religious harassment" I think we need to add this to list of prohibited harassment, how about next to sexual harassment? I don't see any difference between them.

Back