I need a quick help on police calls.

Ocie Denver

Reaction score
My apologize for not find a correct forum to post the thread under, but it's related to relay service on emergency calls over non-threatening life events.

I want to call police over disturbance or harassment by harmless people but I'm not sure about using special emergency call number. I was harassed by Jehovah's Witness people twice today. I told them not come back again. I am serious about peace and privacy in my home. I want to call the police on next visit.

What I can do to get the police over? Please reply back. Thank you.

Where they the same people that came again after you asked them not to? Usually you call your local police for something like that and not an emergency number.

Also, if you put a note up on your door they usually leave you alone. Calling the police seems a little drastic unless it's the same people coming back after you've asked them to leave

Meet them at ur door in ur birthday suit...(as one member was gonna do!)....Maybe slip on a Halloween mask too!...

I admit...they are very rude and consending people....very pushy too...I have a hard time being really rude to people myself....and say..."Not interested"!...and close the door.....However, my sons have actually let some of them into my house....and I've had to deal with it in a very short and curt manner...."Thank You...but No...I'm not interested"...and show them the door....and once they are out the door...say...don't let the door hit you on the way out!

They visited me last week then today. I told them not to come back today. I had a sign posted on front window in clear sight and told them (JW) about it. I will give them one or two next warnings before call the police. I need to know how to call the local police without use the emergency number. I know how to use relay services but emergency services are something completely different to me.

I can control my email and mail inbox but I cannot control the people's will without police enforcing my wishes ON my private property.

For your information, I am living in townhouse, in areas full of townhouses. We, neighbors are often targeted by religion recruiters and advertising people as well as politics too. They are out of control pretty much. I wish I live in a house in private area.

I'm not sure calling the cops is the best way to deal with this if they only came by twice.

Search online for your local police station's non-emergency phone number if you must.

Next time, peak out the window and don't open it.
Even if the police came..
the bible people will have left, or they will just be asked by the police to leave.
In other words, nothing will be different.

Unless they are stalking you or making a habit of visiting your house, there's not much the police can do either.

I guess if you do open the door you could point to a "no soliciting" sign and then shut the door in their faces. This is fine and it saves their time and your time.

If he's asked the same people to leave twice and he's got a sign in the window then I think he's done his best and I don't blame him for calling the police next time. Your local police are usually in the phonebook and you call them just like any other person. Most have websites now too.

If they come back after 2 notices not to do so...feel it's Harrassment...and Stalking....I'd try to get their names....then go down to the nearest Police Sub-station and file a complaint...some stations require you to go to the Courthouse tho'....

Are these JW's Deaf or Hearing?....

They visited me last week then today. I told them not to come back today. I had a sign posted on front window in clear sight and told them (JW) about it. I will give them one or two next warnings before call the police. I need to know how to call the local police without use the emergency number. I know how to use relay services but emergency services are something completely different to me.

I can control my email and mail inbox but I cannot control the people's will without police enforcing my wishes ON my private property.

For your information, I am living in townhouse, in areas full of townhouses. We, neighbors are often targeted by religion recruiters and advertising people as well as politics too. They are out of control pretty much. I wish I live in a house in private area.

It don't matter where you live... THEY WILL FIND YOU! No joke. BE SCARED by the fact that they are able to us no matter where I move. I am. You immediately call the police the next time. What they are doing is not soliciting but stalking.

We live in a very "well-kept" mobile home community and soliciting is strictly not allowed around here. They also came to my house today but they caught my wife instead of me. She's MUCH MUCH nicer than I am. I really really want them to come back because I am going to do all I can to ensure they are prosecuted or ticketed.

Hate those....

This thread got me curious and checked Google. Seems most people suggested getting no soliciting sticker on your door and they will leave you alone. If they knock on your door despite that you have "no soliciting" sticker on your door and reminder them that.

I've had Mormon people coming over my house several times (most of the time I wasn't home, they'd leave card on my door :roll: ). I created a sign on my door saying, "No soliciting and no religion please." They ignored it. One day, I was going out and opened the door and they're there. I told them, "did you read the sign?" and they replied "yes," and then I told them, please respect my wish." They have left me alone ever since - well, one of them showed up at my door (I wasn't at home) and left note, saying that he would like to hang out with me. Yeah, right....:roll:

your local police are not going to do something about religious solicitors unless more people in your area start reporting it. Local PD, depending on their region, operate by "serious cases" first. Common disturbances are likely to be recorded. But if they get multiple complaints, think around 20+ people or more for larger cities - they may do something about the JW's.

I think for some jurisdictions, the police have a TTY contact number. Maybe you can look into that?

The end-all easier solution is to summon them to civil court and win your claim. Some people have sued JW's for trespassing and won, their case are around if you look it up.
Otherwise, you can try proselytizing (even if you're not religious). Depending on the people of course, it may or may not work.

illegal socialite and fraudsters, very serious! very big serious!!! that is why serious big reading! leave us alone don't posts thread..

next time you have again thread continue Good luck!

How about a "no trespassing" sign? The laws concerning trespass vary from community to community.

I've dealt with JW missionary before. My wife decided to invite them in the next week and She had a good Bible discussion with them. They got scared and left. I never seen them ever again! :giggle: I even had LDS missionary over my place and told them to hide and wait for JW missionary come in and sit down. Bam! I told Elders to come out of their hiding place and sat down with them. Oh boy I love it! They did great job destroy their teamwork and nearly had one JW missionary become interested in LDS. After that they left. I thanked Elder for coming over. They really enjoyed that. After that I've never seen JW Missionary ever again. I think they had us "black listed" so we can have peace. :rofl:

Simply is that you just call VRS directly and tell them to dial 911 and tell them it's a non emergency purpose and wanted Police to come and kick JW missionary out. Simple as is.

Catty

They come around here all the time, after asking them not to several times they continued to do so...until last time, They came in the afternoon ( which they always do here, where most people are at work during the day...why? ) anyways they rang the doorbell and there is a large note on the door that says not to ring it "Baby Sleeping" so I grabbed a condom, took my shirt off and answered the door before they woke my son from his nap. I quickly opened the condom and asked if they knew how to put one on as I never used one before that my wife was at work and I rented a hooker for an hour... They have never been back since. Been a year now, where they used to come once a month.... I was just starting to have fun.

Look up the local police department in your area and call it, if you have a Hearie, they can speak directly to them, not sure how they deal with TTY ?

They come around here all the time, after asking them not to several times they continued to do so...until last time, They came in the afternoon ( which they always do here, where most people are at work during the day...why? ) anyways they rang the doorbell and there is a large note on the door that says not to ring it "Baby Sleeping" so I grabbed a condom, took my shirt off and answered the door before they woke my son from his nap. I quickly opened the condom and asked if they knew how to put one on as I never used one before that my wife was at work and I rented a hooker for an hour... They have never been back since. Been a year now, where they used to come once a month.... I was just starting to have fun.

Funny way to scare them off. :lol:

Catty

Catty

Hate those....

This thread got me curious and checked Google. Seems most people suggested getting no soliciting sticker on your door and they will leave you alone. If they knock on your door despite that you have "no soliciting" sticker on your door and reminder them that.

I've had Mormon people coming over my house several times (most of the time I wasn't home, they'd leave card on my door :roll: ). I created a sign on my door saying, "No soliciting and no religion please." They ignored it. One day, I was going out and opened the door and they're there. I told them, "did you read the sign?" and they replied "yes," and then I told them, please respect my wish." They have left me alone ever since - well, one of them showed up at my door (I wasn't at home) and left note, saying that he would like to hang out with me. Yeah, right....:roll:
looking for an escape route....lol

:iolol:

My apologize for not find a correct forum to post the thread under, but it's related to relay service on emergency calls over non-threatening life events.

I want to call police over disturbance or harassment by harmless people but I'm not sure about using special emergency call number. I was harassed by Jehovah's Witness people twice today. I told them not come back again. I am serious about peace and privacy in my home. I want to call the police on next visit.

What I can do to get the police over? Please reply back. Thank you.

you can simply call the non-emergency police line the same way you call to pizza delivery place.

it's best if you put up a "No Trespassing" / "No Solicitation" sign. depending on local law but a cop would most likely come and issue them a warning citation not to come back again.

I love to embarrass the harassers party. If they come back again and again, then I will greet them in my b'day suit, scratch my ass and fart loudly. Problem is I am not sure if it rude to masturbate in front of them or not? :giggle:

Back