I might be pissed off

I am speechless..... No wonder medicaid knows the shits and it saves $1,200. Thanks for providing a link.

you're welcome.

by the way, medicaid doesn't always buy cheap hearing aids. they purchased a pair of oticon digifocus II super power BTEs for me back in the mid 90s. they were considered top of the line at that time even though i had constant problems with them needing repair.

I'm a bit shocked at this. Most, if not almost all, people cannot get ANY coverage for hearing aids from their insurance or get a very small amount- 400-600$ for BOTH ears. What's the big complaint about being offered what seems to be free or very cheap hearing aids that are definitely midrange, even if they're not 'top of the line'?

aleser,

i don't know if you are referring to my post, but since my audi was the one who selected my aids based on my needs (oticon digifocus II super power BTEs), i had no say in determining which model i wanted. if i had to choose, i would have preferred mid range aids especially if they did not require as much repair as my oticon digitals did.

What HearAgain said is very true. There is a limited selection of HA insurance will pay for.

aleser,

i don't know if you are referring to my post, but since my audi was the one who selected my aids based on my needs (oticon digifocus II super power BTEs), i had no say in determining which model i wanted. if i had to choose, i would have preferred mid range aids especially if they did not require as much repair as my oticon digitals did.

It was not at all aimed at you, rather the OP's complaint.

I have a hearing aid, never use it. I prefer DEAF :deaf: as peaceful. No annoy noise. ;)

If I could get away with it I would do the same with exception to hearing my wifes laughter or the tv I would do without.

Topic off! Not about you.

Yup, I have agree with you, it's really off topic.

Kalista, being deaf isn't make you feel like peaceful and stop to make interfere with other member's decision.

Back