I know how to "fix your hearing"

Everyone. Lets not forget the original intent of the thread. It most certainly is not Steve's upsurd claims of violence. While I do not doubt Steve is capable of making such threats, and attempting to carry them out, I highly doubt he would be successful. Our very capable law enforcment agencies, which Steve absolutely loathes, would most certainly stop any harm from coming to someone who would have the displeasure of crossing Steve's path.

So, please. Lets forget about Stevieboy and his hallucinations, and move on...

Thank you.

Wanna bet?
justin6.jpg

ravensteve1961 said:
Wanna bet?
justin6.jpg

Stop it right now, Steve. We are all well aware of your threats, and how they led to your month long ban. If you keep this sort of bs up, you're very likely to find yourself banned again. This time for good. Do you want to risk it?

Ok ,,So if julysrain knows how to pray get my hearing back. WHAT ARE THE MAGIC WORDS TO SAY TO JESUS AND HOW YOU SAY IT TO JESUS?

ravensteve1961 said:
Ok ,,So if julysrain knows how to pray get my hearing back. WHAT ARE THE MAGIC WORDS TO SAY TO JESUS AND HOW YOU SAY IT TO JESUS?

That is not what this thread was about. It's been suggested to you before to just accept your hearing loss. I think if you did, you'd be a much happier person . You sound utterly miserable. You go on tirades, threatening people, and what not. Acceptance goes a long way, Steve, and it might save your sanity. You may even live longer!

Try it.

It's been suggested to you before to just accept your hearing loss. I think if you did, you'd be a much happier person . You sound utterly miserable
AMEN!!!!! Steve, I know it's hard to deal with your hearing having gotten worse, but at least it's not like you lost your sight (very important to a dhh person) or your sanity or something like that....Come to terms with it....it took me AGES to come to terms with being a hoh person....I remember I used to want to be hearing and all that....but being deaf isn't that big of a deal. Perhaps if you'd been raised bilingally and bicultureally you wouldn't be dealing with trying to accept your hearing loss...that's another reason why I think hoh kids should be exposed to Sign and Deaf culture, b/c raising a kid as a psedo hearing person, denies the fact that they are also Deaf!

deafdyke said:
AMEN!!!!! Steve, I know it's hard to deal with your hearing having gotten worse, but at least it's not like you lost your sight (very important to a dhh person) or your sanity or something like that....Come to terms with it....it took me AGES to come to terms with being a hoh person....I remember I used to want to be hearing and all that....but being deaf isn't that big of a deal. Perhaps if you'd been raised bilingally and bicultureally you wouldn't be dealing with trying to accept your hearing loss...that's another reason why I think hoh kids should be exposed to Sign and Deaf culture, b/c raising a kid as a psedo hearing person, denies the fact that they are also Deaf!

Right, DD. As some of you may know ...I've been disabled since birth. While I have always had the attitude "This is my life, and I must deal with it", it hasn't always been easy to do so. I've been teased and rediculed for being "different". If you've read my postings in the bullying thread, you'll see I'm still trying to overcome the childhood cruelty I experienced. But, despite it, I still accept my disabilty. I also don't begrudge anyone for the way I was born. Doing so, has made life easier, too. Can you imagine what my life would have been like if I was stuck trying to deal not only with other people's ignorance and cruelty, but my own disabilty as well? I'm a mess. I won't deny it, but I'd be in WORSE shape than I am already if it weren't for my acceptance!

Accepting one's circumstances in life may not be the key to happiness, but it certainly goes a long ways toward it.

Oceanbreeze, you RAWK!!!! I kinda wish I had been a psych major so that I could do research on how the healthy normal attitudes fuck up the minds of disabled kids.
I'm a lot happier now that I'm not constantly wishing that I was hearing...my being hoh is a part of me, exactly the way being Greek is a part of my buddy Nancia's life. It's not bad, it's not good...it just IS....

deafdyke said:
Oceanbreeze, you RAWK!!!! I kinda wish I had been a psych major so that I could do research on how the healthy normal attitudes fuck up the minds of disabled kids.
I'm a lot happier now that I'm not constantly wishing that I was hearing...my being hoh is a part of me, exactly the way being Greek is a part of my buddy Nancia's life. It's not bad, it's not good...it just IS....

Exactly! It just IS ... I was born partially paralyzed. I have SOME feeling and mobility in my upper legs. I also can bear weight. Growing up, I wore braces and used crutches to get around. Around the age of 10, puberty hit. I gained weight. This made walking more difficult, which made LIFE more difficult. I was, as you have referred to, a case where life was an endless therapy session. For you, it was speech therapy. For me, we're talking physical therapy. I HATED IT!! So, after awhile, I had had enough! I complained to my Mother that I didn't want to "walk anymore". "Mommy, my braces hurt me." "Mommy, my braces are too hot." You get the idea...I was 9, I think...

By the time I was 11, I was absolutely miserable. It took that long to finally convince my parents, my therapists, and the doctors, that I meant business! I was NOT gonna walk anymore! Period! One day, I literally threw my crutches down and REFUSED to use them. My Mother finally got the clue. She started sending me to school without my braces. This pissed off a WHOLE lot of people. But, I was adamant. I have been wheelchair bound ever since, and I absolutely do not miss my braces and crutches. Sure, there was some things I missed at first. I was able to dance. I could go up and down the slide. I could keep up with my sister, but at a cost. I had very few friends. I didn't have a normal recess to speak of, because, it was spent in a therapy session. By giving up my braces and all the therapy, I gained a semblance of normalcy. No, life was far from typical, but it was MORE typical than it had been before. Most importantly, I was HAPPIER. This is all that mattered to me and my parents.

I don't knock speech therapy for the deaf or physical therapy for someone like me, but I do begrudge it when parents and doctors turn a child's life into nothing more than that. A child deserves to be out with their friends having a good time. Not cooped up indoors doing range of motion or learning how to pronounce the S correctly for their entire childhood.

cental34 said:
Now please get back on topic?

OK.

I think that is so aweful the experiences some of you are describing about people telling you to pray your Deafness away. If you enjoy sarcasm, and I do, perhaps you should respond by saying that that is how you became Deaf...by praying to God to make you Deaf so you wouldn't have to listen to them. :)

julysrain said:
What do you say? I am so shocked when it happens I don't know what to do. :dunno:

Next time somebody approaches you and tells you that prayer will cure your deafness, just smile at them real pretty-like and say "and if you click your heels three times, maybe the wizard will give you a brain". :rofl:

julysrain said:
Does this happen to other people too? What do you say? I am so shocked when it happens I don't know what to do.

:dunno:

For me, I usually say "Why? God has blessed me so much despite my hearing loss. I would rather have God heal other people who are suffering badly such as these with cancer, poverty, or have severe disabilities. I am very happy with who I am and I am grateful to God. Amen!"

That way they will (hopefully) realize that being deaf is not bad. It is patronizing but most of them do not realize what they are doing so I respond back positively so that they will feel embarrased for feeling so sorry for me. They need to know that being deaf is nothing compared to genuine suffering out there in this world! :wiggle:

God chose to bless me with abundant beauty and brains, there wasn't enough room left for hearing as well. (of course, this isn't necessarily applicable for all of us)

Eve said:
God chose to bless me with abundant beauty and brains, there wasn't enough room left for hearing as well. (of course, this isn't necessarily applicable for all of us)

:laugh2: That is what I expected to hear from you, Eve ;)

Levonian said:
Next time somebody approaches you and tells you that prayer will cure your deafness, just smile at them real pretty-like and say "and if you click your heels three times, maybe the wizard will give you a brain". :rofl:

Ravensteve, are you listening to this? Try clicking your heels 6 times...for restored hearing and more brain cells. It may work! Just dont frown while doing it..you have to smile really prettily and charming. Also, it will help if you have sparkling red pumps like Dorothy's :laugh2: .

Back