I know how to "fix your hearing"

julysrain

Reaction score
OK I dont know where to put this thread so I'll put it here!

I was at the mall and working on training my hearing dog (I'm training my own lab to work as a hearing dog to let me know when the phone rings, when people come up behind me and stuff like that). So I want her to get used to being out in public because I'm going to take her to work and places like that with me after she's trained. So the mall people gave me permission to train there.

So my dog is wearing her "hearing dog in training" vest. And this is what happened.

There is a girl who saw my dog, and then came over to talk to me. She told me very sincerely, oh, you can't hear? WELL, I know how to fix that. You need to PRAY! You need to give your problems to Jesus and then you're hearing will come back! If you TRULY believe, then you will be CURED. She gave me a mini-lecture all about this before I was able to tactfully end the conversation.

I know I'm asking for it by having my dog out with me, but this upset me. This has happened once before when someone saw me practicing signing with my now ex-boyfriend (he was good about it, knowing I am hoh, going to be deaf eventually, and wanting to learn sign, and he totally hearing but willing to sign), we were sitting quietly in the back corner of a coffee shop, and the girl who came up to me started quoting Bible passages where miracles were performed and deaf people could hear, telling me I needed to learn from that.

Does this happen to other people too? What do you say? I am so shocked when it happens I don't know what to do.

:dunno:

I view this as religious harassment!

Do I need that? No, and usually I outsmart them.

julysrain said:
OK I dont know where to put this thread so I'll put it here!

I was at the mall and working on training my hearing dog (I'm training my own lab to work as a hearing dog to let me know when the phone rings, when people come up behind me and stuff like that). So I want her to get used to being out in public because I'm going to take her to work and places like that with me after she's trained. So the mall people gave me permission to train there.

So my dog is wearing her "hearing dog in training" vest. And this is what happened.

There is a girl who saw my dog, and then came over to talk to me. She told me very sincerely, oh, you can't hear? WELL, I know how to fix that. You need to PRAY! You need to give your problems to Jesus and then you're hearing will come back! If you TRULY believe, then you will be CURED. She gave me a mini-lecture all about this before I was able to tactfully end the conversation.

I know I'm asking for it by having my dog out with me, but this upset me. This has happened once before when someone saw me practicing signing with my now ex-boyfriend (he was good about it, knowing I am hoh, going to be deaf eventually, and wanting to learn sign, and he totally hearing but willing to sign), we were sitting quietly in the back corner of a coffee shop, and the girl who came up to me started quoting Bible passages where miracles were performed and deaf people could hear, telling me I needed to learn from that.

Does this happen to other people too? What do you say? I am so shocked when it happens I don't know what to do.

:dunno:

Yes, this has happened to me quite a few times, actually. Unfortunately, I am usually too stunned to come back with a clever reply. Once I was even in a hospital where a nurse told me that I just "needed to tell the devil to get behind me."

And did you know that asking god to "release you from a life of anger" will cure migraines? The catch is that you HAVE TO REALLY BELIEVE. I agree with diehardbiker65, except that I would go so far to call some of it abuse because you are the one being blamed for your deafness, or migraines, or whatever. It's like saying, if you were a good little girl, god wouldn't have to punish you. :crazy:

BTW, how were you asking for it by being out with your dog? Like anyone would want to be accosted by blatent ignorance, geesh. You have a right to be angry about it.

road to hell is usually paved with good intentions.. i dont remember who said that, but sometimes that applies in cases like this!

I do not think I ever run into this one before. This is a first one I have heard of this. Wow. I feel sorry for this girl, someday she will wake up and face those things does not work. Her belief will be different.

Interesting, thank u for sharing it with us.

Remind me about this...

Long time ago, When I was teenagers around I say about 18 or 19 years old and having coverstation w/my hearing friend who understand me as well. Somehow the relgious came to me and praying on me.. held fingers againist my two ears... *hoping cure me* become hearing person.. I was told... Sorry, I think you're offended me being am I Deaf?
Stop talk... They left.
Not even bother me at all but Should have they understand, no way cure them people miracle become hearing person.. Only the way is... Afterlife(heaven) will become hearing person... as miracle!

OH BULL!!!! I been doing that and IM STILL DEAF!!!! But GOD only cares about certain people. Only certain people are allowed to hear,to see,to be married,To have a girlfriend or boyfriend,To have great talent or to become wealthy.GOD plays favorites. I done nothing stupid and dumb to get be to lose my hearing. Like i heard why this guy deserved to be blind. He was juggling handgrandes to show everyone he was cool & brave. He pulled 3 pins from all 3 grandes and start juggling them. He drop one of them and then it went off and two of them went off in differant directions.He was injured and then doctors told him hes permintly blind and he will never see sight again . Now i didnt do anything to deserve to lose the rest of my hearing.I was in a hurricane and theres nothing i can do about the hurricane in fact i couldnt even escape from the hurricane but amtrak wont let me on the train when i had tickets 3 days in advance.This bitch on the phone told me ill have to wait my turn.And then 3 weeks later i returned from my trip and went to my doctors office as an emgency and this bitch receptionist told me ill have to make an appointment. And i waited another 3 weeks and then doctor told me theres nothing they can do.Then me and my friends help me retailated on this receptionist by cutting off her thumb and her pinky finger in her right hand and now shes on the disabled list she cant perform her job duty and fair is fair! Just like i cant do the job i love by working in the theater she took that away from me and now i took something she loved to do. Heres a test for all of you ...Dont use your thumb or your pinky see if you can still answer the phones,,write,,type with your index,middle and your ring fingers without using your thumb or your pinky.

That's terrible Steve. I hope you're not serious about cutting off that receptionist's thumb. It's no one's fault that you are deaf. Its not fair to blame anyone.

Well i was hearing fine & beautiful until hurricane ivan came,Then a week after the hurricane i was begining to experance plugged ear extored hearing.and 3 days later i heard fine again.Then 2 weeks after i experanced sudden deafness. Which means i woke up i heard low hearing and not even my hearing aid can bring it up. Then it went off an on. Then i went to my hearing doctor in 4 weeks and then my hearing was 75 DB. Then a week after it went 85 DB then he put me on antibionic steroid and he hoped it would bring it back up, But instead it got worse now i have 95 DB left. Doctors say if i would came sooner they might had prevented the deafness .BUT HOW IN THE HELL I CAN COME SOONER IF THE FUCKING RECEPTIONIST TELL ME I HAVE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT? I feel doctors in america dont treat their patients well enough or even care of them if they have to have a receptionist? You know what receptionist are? THEYRE GATE KEEPERS. They tell you if you can or cannot see the person. Doctors in russia or in china dont have receptionist.You simply call the hospital and they will examine you at your home.

hahaha,,,, oh boy.

been there, this lady came and talked all those jesus stuff, I just looked at her and told her that you have just wasted your breath for nothing.

Ravensteven,
Then me and my friends help me retailated on this receptionist by cutting off her thumb and her pinky finger in her right hand and now shes on the disabled list she cant perform her job duty and fair is fair!

I hope it's not serious that you cut the receptionist's thumb off. :eek:
BUT HOW IN THE HELL I CAN COME SOONER IF THE FUCKING RECEPTIONIST TELL ME I HAVE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT? I feel doctors in america dont treat their patients well enough or even care of them if they have to have a receptionist? You know what receptionist are? THEYRE GATE KEEPERS. They tell you if you can or cannot see the person. Doctors in russia or in china dont have receptionist.You simply call the hospital and they will examine you at your home.

I see nothing wrong when the receptionist make an appointment for you.

Yes, there're also receptionist in Sinpagore. My hubby got toothache and went to doctor. The Receptionist accept him in without make an appointment because it's an emergency. They would take you right away only if there're emergencies.

Respect is the best because it's receptionist's duty to make an appointment or what... Remember it's their job task.

Well i was hearing fine & beautiful until hurricane ivan came,Then a week after the hurricane i was begining to experance plugged ear extored hearing.and 3 days later i heard fine again.Then 2 weeks after i experanced sudden deafness. Which means i woke up i heard low hearing and not even my hearing aid can bring it up.

*sigh* You brought up different stories how you lost your hearing to deaf in different threads *sigh*

WELL MY DEAFNESS WAS AN EMERGENCY!!! AND THE DAMN RECEPTIONIST DIDNT GIVE A SHIT!! I STILL HAVE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.The fingers were cut off as a retailation. Just like al queda terrorist didnt care if Nick Berg has anything to do with america invading iraq. Al-Zarqawi wants american troops to withdraw from iraq just like i want my doctor treat my hearing right then and NOW! well the receptionist ignored my emergency. She got what she deserved.

Ravensteve :eek:

Of course I'm deaf but I do not consider deafness as kind of emergencies. :eek:

RS, did you go to prison for cutting off her thumbs?

I'm hearing, but I was born with a condition that has necessitated the use of a wheelchair. I have experienced similiar things with well meaning adults. It can be quite annoying for me since I accept my disabilty, and have since I was able to talk. Even though I am a Christian and believe in miracles, I have chosen to believe that God put me in this chair for a reason. It is this belief that has allowed me to go on with my life. I figure... This is who I am, and I DARE anyone to challenge me on it! I honestly believe people to be well meaning in trying to "help", but I would rather they just leave me alone since I'm happy the way I am. If God wanted me to be different, he would have made me to be so!

I think you handled that girl quite well. I just wish people, however well meaning, would know when they are not wanted. Granted, I know this was child in this case, but she learned this from someone. And, it's this belief that really gets under my skin. I wish people would live and let live.

ravensteve1961 said:
Nope...No proof!!Or witnesses

No witnesses? :eek: The receptionist must have some people around hear her scream when you cut her thumb off... :confused:

Well, unless you are still pulling our collective leg, it now looks like we got some proof. Maybe we can call the Fl or MD AG's office to see if they have any cold cases they wanna resurrect......

Back