I know how to "fix your hearing"

who is this guy pix posted above? is that RS??

Eve said:
God chose to bless me with abundant beauty and brains, there wasn't enough room left for hearing as well. (of course, this isn't necessarily applicable for all of us)

That's a precious commodity & talent, Eve.. seeing the light in the dark. Wish more folks could learn from that! :)

ravensteve1961 - If you switch to Democracy instead of Republican, you might get your hearings back.

My moter-in-law does something similar with my son. When we found out that he was deaf she was all about praying for him to get better. I belive in God and praying, but I know that my son is deaf and only with aids or CI will he be able to hear. It kind of made me mad that she did that, even though I'm not deaf I understand somewhat how it feels for someone to "fix" my son.

I think one thing that these people who say you should "be praying for a miracle of healing" is that, especially if one is born deaf, if that person became hearing at a late age, he/she would have to learn SOOO much!
There are nuances so MANY nuances in spoken language, plus all the environmental sounds, plus the fact that if you could hear people would expect you to be just like a hearing person.
I hate comparing blindness and deafness, but there are many blind people who don't want to see, a huge part of that being because of how much they would have to learn! If anyone has seen "At First Sight" they will know what I mean about how much people who live without a sense have to learn to keep up, and about the expectations "normal" people would have for them.
Going back, it shocks so many people that most deaf people want to be deaf, but... I think gaining hearing after many years of being deaf would be just as dramatic as losing it after being fully hearing.

Back