"I just want you to be happy"

Whether or not the relaionship is worth working on or trying to figure out what happened really isn't my question.

WHY people do these break ups with placating words that really have no meaning is my question.

And I advise anybody that is going to break up with someone not to go the "it's not you it's me" route. Being dumped hurts enough without throwing in the frustration of being fed a bunch of fluffy bologne on top of it.

Been there done dealt with it what the hell can I do? I really would love to find out why but after waiting to the point where I knew it is really over and it no longer any point to me.

Whether or not the relaionship is worth working on or trying to figure out what happened really isn't my question.

WHY people do these break ups with placating words that really have no meaning is my question.

And I advise anybody that is going to break up with someone not to go the "it's not you it's me" route. Being dumped hurts enough without throwing in the frustration of being fed a bunch of fluffy bologne on top of it.

The truth! I want the truth! Are you really sure you want that?
I found early on that the unvarnished truth from a woman was...
well what was it...
was that it?
was that really really it?

I remember I pressed on with a woman for the real truth- we were both kind of young. It ended up with me feeling like one of Jess'es male emoticons for real. Mostly an adult woman or man just wont do it. For the real reason that it is just flat out too cruel to actually do it to someone you care anything about.

You think you want to know but really really you don't and be damn glad they are not telling you the truth.

In some instances, all you will get is denial for an answer. I go by what I can notice, especially in his behavior. When things suddenly change and he insists " but baby, that's just how I am", it's obvious something's got to give. If it isn't resolved soon whether I get a reason or not, it's over. I would not pursue the matter further, but I would look at my own actions and adapt to handle similar scenarios in the future.

He kills me. He's my buddy, but whenever he thinks he's hurt me he shares his lunch with me, or gets me something from subway, or gets the makings for sandwiches for is to share. We even have our own drawer in the fridge at work.

I had to bite my tongue today when he gave me half his sub....I wanted to say, hon, I love you, but you cannot fix my heart with a freaking sandwich!!!

Okay I got that off my chest I feel much better now thank you.

He kills me. He's my buddy, but whenever he thinks he's hurt me he shares his lunch with me, or gets me something from subway, or gets the makings for sandwiches for is to share. We even have our own drawer in the fridge at work.

I had to bite my tongue today when he gave me half his sub....I wanted to say, hon, I love you, but you cannot fix my heart with a freaking sandwich!!!

Yes, that is very very common form of guilt. If he did something badly and unable to express his faults or his reasons, he usually replace it by giving you something like flowers, jewlery, or ummm...food....(oookaaaay)

Obviously, you guys are very close and if you can maintain that relationship it would be great.

However, you may need to ask yourself two things, would it be better if you move your stuff out of that draw before his new girlfriend requires him to or just let him do it after the fact?

It may be time to set some boundaries. If he doesn't want, "that" type of relationship, you shouldn't be giving him that type of relationship.

Obviously, you guys are very close and if you can maintain that relationship it would be great.

However, you may need to ask yourself two things, would it be better if you move your stuff out of that draw before his new girlfriend requires him to or just let him do it after the fact?

It may be time to set some boundaries. If he doesn't want, "that" type of relationship, you shouldn't be giving him that type of relationship.

It's a drawer in our work refridgirator....not a dresser :D

It's a drawer in our work refridgirator....not a dresser :D

Yes, of course. I'm sure that answer would easily put any, "reasonable" woman at ease. I'll have to try that some time when I'm wearing full body armor.

Thanks for the tip.

Yes, of course. I'm sure that answer would easily put any, "reasonable" woman at ease. I'll have to try that some time when I'm wearing full body armor.

Thanks for the tip.

Somehow, when he starts seeing someone else, I don't think our fridge drawer is going to come up. That would be a weird conversation for him to have on one of his dates....talking about where he puts his lunch. Most if the time we put our own food in there, but sometimes one of us gets lunch meat, cheese etc to share, but mostly it's just a place we both put our food. It's no big deal, really. If a girl was going to make a big deal about it on the very off chance she found out.....he's better off getting rid of her, that's just crazy.

You are sleeping with your old girlfriend? Ok I can deal with that. You are sharing a fridge drawer at work with your old girlfriend? Nope, no way, that's a deal breaker! lol

You are sleeping with your old girlfriend? Ok I can deal with that. You are sharing a fridge drawer at work with your old girlfriend? Nope, no way, that's a deal breaker! lol

Yah it is all about where is he hiding that salami!

Back