I just recently watched... (movies)

VamPyroX said:
I just watched Day After Tomorrow this morning. Boy, it's a good movie! Anyone else seen it?

I saw that yesterday -- a bit creepy, but I prefer The Core as it seemed much more real. :dunno:

I also saw Taking Lives (the one with Angelina Jolie and Ethan Hawke) Wow! Spooky!

I just watched Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui movie on DVD few hours before my work. Awesome CG movie!

Deathpit said:
I just watched Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui movie on DVD few hours before my work. Awesome CG movie!
How's the storyline?

Ziusudra said:
I recently watched Spider-Man 2... does movies at the cinema only count or DVD movies too?

i would say it wouldnt matter, is it good? i want to see it and buy it for my niece for christmas, she'd love it since spider man is her fav. movie

I just saw the White Chicks last nite, i thought it was funny and cute but it might look stupid to u but i enjoyed it

PurpleRose71 said:
I saw that yesterday -- a bit creepy, but I prefer The Core as it seemed much more real. :dunno:

I also saw Taking Lives (the one with Angelina Jolie and Ethan Hawke) Wow! Spooky!

I saw the day after tomorrow like last week, i thought it was really good!
The core didnt seem real to me like the day after tomorrow was to me
Taking lives yeah it was spooky, that i would say!

I LOVE THE CORE! That's definitely a movie I'd consider buying (and I don't do that often). I heard that Day After Tomorrow was a really good "bad" movie. Haven't seen it yet but was thinking about renting it this weekend.

I watched the remade verion of Sabrina yesterday with Harrison Ford and I must admit, I like it better than the original with Audrey Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart. I felt that they just didn't make a good couple in that movie, Humphrey was too old for her.

I recently watched Catch That Kid, Agent Cody Banks 2, Ella Enchanted, Around The World In 80 Days, and Girl Next Door. Ella Enchanted was a cute movie. Around The World In 80 Days was pretty good.

racheleggert said:
Last movie I saw was "I know what you did last summer" on tv last saturday

I know what's gonna happen in the 3rd movie. The main character chick goes psycho, gets a split personality syndrome and the evil, dark killing fisherman lives on through her mind as she killed her close friends. OoOoOoh!

:giggle:

We rented a couple of DVDs last week: Open Water and Ron Burgundy: Anchorman

Open Water is an independent film; the beginning was so-so, but the rest of it was spooky and good. It's great for those of you who are scuba divers. I'm certified and it spooked me out. I kept having dreams the next couple of nights. It really did leave a mark with me. :thumb:

As for Ron Burgundy: Anchorman, it's funny. I liked it. I like almost anything with Will Ferrell in it. :lol:

I watched the following:
  • Children of the Lesser God
  • Dodgeball
  • Resident Evil 2: Nemesis
  • 13 Going On 30
  • The Ladykillers
  • Troll

"Jackass: The Movie" - :roll: Funny, but sickening though!
"American Wedding" - FUNNY!!! I laughed almost non stop while watching that movie!
"The Banger Sisters" - it was interesting, have to watch it again.

Wow nice, you have seen a lot of movies. I have yet to see about half of the movies, including The Butterfly Effect.

I have over 600 DVDs in my library right now, taking up about 4 bookshelves right now... almost half of the 600 DVDs are Anime and I have about 100 to 150 video games, not sure how many because I have Super Nintendo, N64, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Gamecube and Game Boy Advance (regular and SP: Nintendo Console Limited Edition version)

I also love Hong Kong films and the most influencial director there is to date in Hong Kong cinema would be John Woo, in my opinion.

You guys should see The Chungking Express, featuring Tony Leung and Faye Wong, A Better Tomorrow (the triology, two of them directed by John Woo and stars Chow Yun Fat; the actor in Bulletproof Monk and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and the third one is produced by John Woo and directed by an associate of John Woo's, not sure who), The Killer, Hard Boiled, Once upon a time in China (triology also, stars Jet Li), Parasite Eve: Live action movie and some more I could not remember. I recently saw a VERY GOOD chinese film on IFilm over the summer and could not remember the name... It had that guy from the Spike channel's MXC and a little boy and the movie is really funny and sad too, not quite the tear jerker but it makes you feel sorry for the kid.

Anybody seen Hero, other than Vampyrox here? I think Hero is an awesome movie, very symbolic and engrossing!

Another movie that I forgot to mention, that is sort of related to The Butterfly Effect and Donnie Darko; Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind with Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet, written by Charlie Kaufman, who wrote the autobiographical movie, Adaption).

It's a very good movie and I like it a lot. My fiancee and I were taken away by the movie and it really make us think about how life would be if the consequences were given to us and we decide to take them, but thank god we don't want to erase our memories of each other! :D

Back