I have the solution the the Captioning in theaters problem!

http://www.yourlocalcinema.com
/

For once the UK seems to be ahead of the US
I know the link is no good to see films in the US
but it will let you see what we get.
I stay in Edinburgh and go the the movies with subs
nearly every week.
It is my daughter that is deaf,not me.
The guy that does the your local cinema site worked very hard
to try and get ALL cinemas to show subtitles.
The site also has a lot of subtitled trailers(links)
The cinemas show the subtitled films on a Monday or Tuesday
most times when it is quieter.
Movies i can see this week in Edinburgh with subtitles
Up(at two different cinemas)
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs
The Vampire's Assistant
Fantastic Mr Fox
Couples Retreat(at two different cinemas)
The Invention of Lying (trailer i saw this last week)

It seems that RonJaxon ran of his out of luck. :shrug:

Actually, just got put on hold. I'm getting my CI in 2 weeks (Surgery is Nov. 11). So I've been pretty occupied about that.

I'll give you a little more detail as to what my idea is. It uses a rather simplified version of Augmented reality. If you're not familiar with it do a search for it. There are some pretty neat demo videos of the technology on line. We'll see a lot of this technology in the near future. It's already being used for many things but soon it'll be as common as camera phones. You've probably also seen it in webcam apps.

Ron Jaxon

I did not know some movie theaters had CC! I stop going out to see movies
as it cost so much money. It was not worth spending the money when I can't hear half the movie!

AMEN!
One can be patient and wait up to a year and buy the same movie for about $4-9.00 at Walmart and watch it over and over and over again... and you can pause in the middle to get up get something to drink/eat or use bathroom and not miss ONE minute of the show :D

AMEN!
One can be patient and wait up to a year and buy the same movie for about $4-9.00 at Walmart and watch it over and over and over again... and you can pause in the middle to get up get something to drink/eat or use bathroom and not miss ONE minute of the show :D

That is the exactly the idea why it is much simpler to use DVD for close captioned or subtitles for movies right in the home instead of movie theater. I would definitely go for that. :P

On the Island, there is no movie houses at all except some of us want to go to the mainland to attend the movie theaters. But we do rent or buy DVD with close captioned from small stores like Mom and Pop General stores. :cool2:

Excuse me, off the topic. Oh, yeah! That would even better so that we can avoid the Swine Flu at a movie theater!

Back