I have the solution the the Captioning in theaters problem!

RonJaxon

Reaction score
As I'm sure you all know. It can be hard to find a movie theater with captioned movies. Even those that do I'm not really happy with the rear window captioning method. The closest theater that has it to my home is about an hour and a half drive away.

The problem they face is some people can't stand to see subtitles on a movie screen and at the same time some of us have to have them in order to enjoy the movie. So the solution has to be one in which only those who need or desire them will be able to see the captions.

I have a solution. It would be totally invisible to everyone who doesn't want to see it but for those that do it'll be as visibly as it is on your own TV screen. You won't have to put anything on the seat in front of you. The solution is inexpensive to make and easy for them to set up. In fact it makes use of something that many theaters already have.

Now for the reason I'm posting this. I've given this method some limited testing (Just using home made from things I have in my home). But I need to find the right people to talk to about this to take the next step. So here's my question.

Do any of you know who I should contact about this? About the issue of closed captioning in theaters and who might be "looking" for a solution to employ?

Any advice or suggestions would be great. Forgive me for not just sharing the solution publicly. Maybe it's because I'm a magician and am use to keeping my ideas hush hush publicly but I promise that I will let you all know what this is once I talk to the right people and get things started on it.

Ron Jaxon

Why not talk with the companies that provide closed captioning?

Have it copyright first before talking to the Closed-caption people.

Speaking for deaf rights, then go do it what you think is best with the idea you have.

Even though it sounds as you are talking those those 3-D glasses.... :dunno:

Just don't ever go to movie theatre and await until it release on DVD to watch at home. Save cost and trouble.

Just don't ever go to movie theatre and await until it release on DVD to watch at home. Save cost and trouble.

That's what I am doing. Also I get to watch the movie over and over anytime I want to.

As I'm sure you all know. It can be hard to find a movie theater with captioned movies. Even those that do I'm not really happy with the rear window captioning method. The closest theater that has it to my home is about an hour and a half drive away.

The problem they face is some people can't stand to see subtitles on a movie screen and at the same time some of us have to have them in order to enjoy the movie. So the solution has to be one in which only those who need or desire them will be able to see the captions.

I have a solution. It would be totally invisible to everyone who doesn't want to see it but for those that do it'll be as visibly as it is on your own TV screen. You won't have to put anything on the seat in front of you. The solution is inexpensive to make and easy for them to set up. In fact it makes use of something that many theaters already have.

Now for the reason I'm posting this. I've given this method some limited testing (Just using home made from things I have in my home). But I need to find the right people to talk to about this to take the next step. So here's my question.

Do any of you know who I should contact about this? About the issue of closed captioning in theaters and who might be "looking" for a solution to employ?

Any advice or suggestions would be great. Forgive me for not just sharing the solution publicly. Maybe it's because I'm a magician and am use to keeping my ideas hush hush publicly but I promise that I will let you all know what this is once I talk to the right people and get things started on it.

Ron Jaxon

I did not know some movie theaters had CC! I stop going out to see movies
as it cost so much money. It was not worth spending the money when I can't hear half the movie!

I already wear glasses, and I would not want to add cardboard glasses on top of that.

Thanks for the replies.

The comment about 3D glasses. You are very close but not quite. That's just along the right lines of thinking that I first thought that started the end solution. In truth the 3D glasses thing as is will not work for this.

On the comment about not wanting to wear cardboard glasses. Even if it was that you must not have seen a 3D movie in years. Modern 3D glasses aren't like that anymore (Some TV specials and theme parks still use them though). In fact they have strips of vinyl that you can just stick to the lens of your eye glasses for that now. :)

Thanks for the replies.

The comment about 3D glasses. You are very close but not quite. That's just along the right lines of thinking that I first thought that started the end solution. In truth the 3D glasses thing as is will not work for this.

On the comment about not wanting to wear cardboard glasses. Even if it was that you must not have seen a 3D movie in years. Modern 3D glasses aren't like that anymore (Some TV specials and theme parks still use them though). In fact they have strips of vinyl that you can just stick to the lens of your eye glasses for that now. :)

You are right, I have only had them for SpyKids on TV.

Wow, I hope you can get this going. I would love to go back to the theater and actually follow a plot. (or at least dialogue)

I already wear glasses, and I would not want to add cardboard glasses on top of that.

I also was thinking it might be like 3D glasses and I also thought the same as Bottesini as I used to wear glasses too.

I too, usually wait until the DVD is out as they have CCs built in and also because I can watch it over and over again, saving cost as well.

But then, there are those who like the 'big screen' theater feeling and the chance to enjoy the experience with others. I do that sometimes too for the sake of my family.

To all us like-minds.....:ty:

So a new invention for CCs in theaters, by someone who understands the true purpose of CCs should have a thumbs up! :thumb: Can't wait to know the results.

Actually, you should get this thing patented before talking to anyone; then look for a manufacturer. That's the short of it.

Thank you everyone.

I'm wondering about this patent thing. Don't get me wrong. I'm always up to making money when I can but when it comes to this my main goal is to see it installed in theaters. Should I still worry about patent when it comes to this? I don't want to look like I just want money for this. I mainly want to see it offered in theaters.

Oh and there's one issue I need to work out. You know how when subtitles are white over a white background the text can't be seen? This is why TV closed captioned have a black background and most subtitles have a black border. Well, so far I don't think my method will work with multiply colors. It might still be possible but so far no luck with my limited knowledge on it. Which is one of the reasons I'm seeking help on it.

If any of you have any ideas to explore on the text color issue let me know.

My wife and I love the 3D glasses caption better than on screen because it right close my face and can read easy... since the DVD get popular with 3D as best quality for blu ray, so we use 3D glass often when they make 3D thing

So It would be nice some cover screen that no one see it but wear 3D and can see it... it would be nice...

Back