I have lost my faith in America.

Honestly, the anime fan base in American isn't really that big as you would think. Sure, it is popular but not THAT popular.

Why you think that toonanim and midnight run no longer runs on cartoon network with such awesome animes as Outlaw Star, Tenchi Muyo, Gundam W, and of course, Dragonball Z. Cartoon network(owned by Warner Bros.) is an american company running mostly american cartoons so...yeah it's actually hard to find anymore anime on the american tv than you would find it on the japanese tv. there are ALOT of animation studios in Japan than there are in America. Japan is the main homeland of anime, videogames, electronics, etc for many years. Anime is part of the japanese cluture and won't be easily accepted to the American audience. *shrugs* It's the way it is with cultures these days.

I love anime myself too and been into it since I was a teenager but frankly, I prefer mangas over anime anyway. stories are written better in mangas than anime.

I am currently reading mangas such as Negima, probably one of the longest running mangas I started reading since 2004.

Honestly, the anime fan base in American isn't really that big as you would think. Sure, it is popular but not THAT popular.

Why you think that toonanim and midnight run no longer runs on cartoon network with such awesome animes as Outlaw Star, Tenchi Muyo, Gundam W, and of course, Dragonball Z. Cartoon network(owned by Warner Bros.) is an american company running mostly american cartoons so...yeah it's actually hard to find anymore anime on the american tv than you would find it on the japanese tv. there are ALOT of animation studios in Japan than there are in America. Japan is the main homeland of anime, videogames, electronics, etc for many years. Anime is part of the japanese cluture and won't be easily accepted to the American audience. *shrugs* It's the way it is with cultures these days.

I love anime myself too and been into it since I was a teenager but frankly, I prefer mangas over anime anyway. stories are written better in mangas than anime.

I am currently reading mangas such as Negima, probably one of the longest running mangas I started reading since 2004.

What you said is ALL true.

But I have a question what's the difference between anime and manga?? I thought they were both Japanese cartoons/comics.

But I have a question what's the difference between anime and manga?? I thought they were both Japanese cartoons/comics.

anime = video
manga = comic book

Yep, you heard me right. The moment that 4kids had cancelled Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight, I lost all my faith in this country, seems to me that big, fat companies like Disney, Fox, and 4kids, they don't care about Toku.

I was all excited about to do my scripts for the version of American Toku, now it has come to my good sense that it's not worth to do this here, but rather to do this in Japan more than ever now.

That confirmed my fear that American Toku is all dead. I'm still not happy that 4kids decided not to aired two final episodes there. What should I do about my scripts?

People in this country don't give a shit about American Toku, I find it very sad. Now I'm reconsidering my position, thinking about moving to live in Japan.

ok... when you get to Japan, can you get the people in Japan to take interests in cartoons like Holly Hobbie, or Little House by Laura Wilder, or Larry the Cable Guy while you are at it?

ok... when you get to Japan, can you get the people in Japan to take interests in cartoons like Holly Hobbie, or Little House by Laura Wilder, or Larry the Cable Guy while you are at it?

:laugh2:

lighthouse, you're being also retarded today....

Don't insult their culture, thank you very much.

She didn't insult Japanese entertainment...

She's just pointing out that American shows are not popular there as Japanese shows are not popular here-- unless it's called MXC or something similar.

She didn't insult Japanese entertainment...

She's just pointing out that American shows are not popular there as Japanese shows are not popular here-- unless it's called MXC or something similar.

exactly. Thank you :)

Back