I have a question for a decision

*off topic * May I suggest, you need to get this one! You need to put this in your ear, it will help
Bk%20english%20horn.jpg
your hearing better than hearing aid and cochlear implant. :D

I found your wonderful future wife. Do you need her email address, please let me know via PM. I will be glad to introduce her to you.

SeniorWithEarHorn.jpg

:bowlol:

*off topic * May I suggest, you need to get this one! You need to put this in your ear, it will help
Bk%20english%20horn.jpg
your hearing better than hearing aid and cochlear implant. :D

I found your wonderful future wife. Do you need her email address, please let me know via PM. I will be glad to introduce her to you.

SeniorWithEarHorn.jpg

When I first saw it, it looked like an oil pitcher, the old-fashioned kind and I thought, what the heck? What do I need an oil can in my ear for?

The lady, now, I gotta tell you, dang! She turns me on! Excuse me while I open the window! Whew!! :D

There are some asl classes available in your area

V S A arts of Minnesota - Artist Pipeline 55

New Page 1

Also you can do a self study course on-line or just go to aslpro.com and brush up...

Either way best of luck to you!!

Rockdrummer,

That is so nice of you! Thank you!! :ty::ty::ty::ty:I really appreciate that, I really do. :thumb:buddy! As for the item in Minnesota, I didn't click on it, but presume it's in Minneapolis; I'm in Moorhead (go to mapquest and put in the zip code 56561 and you'll see it), across the Red River from Fargo, North Dakota.

When I first saw it, it looked like an oil pitcher, the old-fashioned kind and I thought, what the heck? What do I need an oil can in my ear for?

The lady, now, I gotta tell you, dang! She turns me on! Excuse me while I open the window! Whew!! :D

:eek3:

Rockdrummer,

That is so nice of you! Thank you!! :ty::ty::ty::ty:I really appreciate that, I really do. :thumb:buddy! As for the item in Minnesota, I didn't click on it, but presume it's in Minneapolis; I'm in Moorhead (go to mapquest and put in the zip code 56561 and you'll see it), across the Red River from Fargo, North Dakota.
You are welcome. All the best regardless of what you decide.

Hey, Pek, it appears here that your confidence is gathering speed....you go, man!

Hey, Pek, it appears here that your confidence is gathering speed....you go, man!

It is! :) Thanks!!! :thumb: I saw how many people are looking at this thread and it's telling me that others either want to know what's going on, but won't post or they're looking for direction, as well. I haven't posted anything on my blog about this yet, but am noticing, too, that it's being looked at alot and that's encouraging to me. When I can figure out how to get pictures up, I will, that way my name can be linked to an everyday face instead of the avatar face.

How's your motorcycle running, Tousi? Are you almost ready to get it set for winter or what are you doing?

You are welcome. All the best regardless of what you decide.

Just to update you . . . I did look at the link and found nothing for asl classes up here, other than what's being taught at my university, which is asl I and II, which I've already had. Oh well.

It is! :) Thanks!!! :thumb: I saw how many people are looking at this thread and it's telling me that others either want to know what's going on, but won't post or they're looking for direction, as well. I haven't posted anything on my blog about this yet, but am noticing, too, that it's being looked at alot and that's encouraging to me. When I can figure out how to get pictures up, I will, that way my name can be linked to an everyday face instead of the avatar face.

How's your motorcycle running, Tousi? Are you almost ready to get it set for winter or what are you doing?

Lol, our "motorcycle" (trike) is doing great and since I'm in Southern California, sometimes in a loincloth (kidding), we can use it dang near every day of the year. Thanks for asking.

Loincloth? Gee, would love to see a pic of that! :P

:giggle: You people! I didn't literally mean that I have that article of clothing, but then again, y'all knew that, right? I was just trying to emphasize to Pek that out here we can go motorcycling (triking in our case) dang near year around.

Carry on, carry on, folks. :Oops:

:giggle: You people! I didn't literally mean that I have that article of clothing, but then again, y'all knew that, right? I was just trying to emphasize to Pek that out here we can go motorcycling (triking in our case) dang near year around.

Carry on, carry on, folks. :Oops:

We love you, Tousi!:hug:

I am in a similar situation, well different as im not in the U.S. , but in a small sort of settings as a small city university , all hearing and very similar mixture of students as you decribed. And yeah going to Gally would be great, but

ASL is NOT not my first sign, let alone I have very rusty NZSL on top of that
but yeah I can see how you wish to be fully participating in group dicussions and so on, as being a student. Absolutely, because like I feel lonely in this university that I go to, tinnitus on top of the physical deafness I have, has made me 10 times more shy because I can't handle the stress and the blare of the noise (in the head) when being right there where (eg, coffee shop or concourse) I could possibly get to know some hearings, and on other side, they seem to freak out dunno why. In NZ there somewhat a real confused mix of how hearing people percieve deaf people now thanks to sign language politics and SOMEtimes i suspect the way interpreters broadcast (show off) their elitism as 'professionals' like almost as if terps are medical professionals !! , i know this might come across wierd but that's my little rant here , < slight off the topic sorry.
now back on track,

But also I can see the downside, such as immaturity, intolerance, tall poppy sydrome, even elitism (from deafism) etc you might face there. It seem to boil down to your heart's wish, you want a great education and have a boost in ASL.
In your situation , as it seem youd have far more chance than I to get there in Gally, and hell, why not? it is a place to be YOU, and its a the silliness of hardliners is outwieghted by your own wishes and im sure the majority are cool. Go for it man

Gee, I feel bad for you Grummer. Hang in there, man!

thanks Tousi, yea it sux to be stuck in the wrong country, theres not alot I can do. Except work/study hard and hope some fate will change my luck

I am in a similar situation, well different as im not in the U.S. , but in a small sort of settings as a small city university , all hearing and very similar mixture of students as you decribed. And yeah going to Gally would be great, but

ASL is NOT not my first sign, let alone I have very rusty NZSL on top of that
but yeah I can see how you wish to be fully participating in group dicussions and so on, as being a student. Absolutely, because like I feel lonely in this university that I go to, tinnitus on top of the physical deafness I have, has made me 10 times more shy because I can't handle the stress and the blare of the noise (in the head) when being right there where (eg, coffee shop or concourse) I could possibly get to know some hearings, and on other side, they seem to freak out dunno why. In NZ there somewhat a real confused mix of how hearing people percieve deaf people now thanks to sign language politics and SOMEtimes i suspect the way interpreters broadcast (show off) their elitism as 'professionals' like almost as if terps are medical professionals !! , i know this might come across wierd but that's my little rant here , < slight off the topic sorry.
now back on track,

But also I can see the downside, such as immaturity, intolerance, tall poppy sydrome, even elitism (from deafism) etc you might face there. It seem to boil down to your heart's wish, you want a great education and have a boost in ASL.
In your situation , as it seem youd have far more chance than I to get there in Gally, and hell, why not? it is a place to be YOU, and its a the silliness of hardliners is outwieghted by your own wishes and im sure the majority are cool. Go for it man

Thanks, Grummer!

Back