I had three oprations

LIZASOUL

Reaction score
Hello everyones,

When I was 2 years old, I always had ear infection.
So, I lost my hearing, They always make fun
of me.

So, A Doctor from Base talk to my mom that I
could heard with an opration.

My mom took me to in San Antonio Texas
Lackland Air Force Base, The first surgery
didn't work, so in three months I got another,
and still the processer didn't stick. My mom
got mad and she got another doctor to fix the
mistake the doctor did. I can hear a bit. When
My first opration was 10 hours, second 5 hours
and the thirth one 1 1/2 hrs.

Liza :)

Welcome Liza.

You poor love, 3 operations! Glad that they fixed things in the end though. How long ago did that happen?

Welcome Liza,

I'm very sorry you had to go through that. Thankfully the doctors now have an audiologist by their side to test the device before they finish the surgery. How is your hearing now? Any side effects since then?

Welcome to AllDeaf, again!

I'm not a lair and I don't need attention.What Kind of a person are you?
I got the opration because I wanted to hear. I don't like people like you.

If you don't like it keep your remards to yourself, and let me tell you
something. I don't need attention from nobody! And I don't care what
you say another thing I'm not poor and also I'm not poor Elizabeth .
My mother was reading what you wrote and she feel very sorry for you.

YOu have no right to say poor Elizabeth.

Sorry to know that you've had to go through all this process over and over--hopefully now you're able to do better, are you doing a bit better than where you were before the operations?

Do hang in there and welcome to Alldeaf! ;)

LIZASOUL said:
My mother was reading what you wrote and she feel very sorry for you.

You and your mother aren't alone. Everybody feels sorry for him, too.

BIG SIGHS! I find this is NOT necessary to have more than one surgery. Thats very unrealistic. Waste all that money that goes into the trash can as usual. I rather to use the money for Deaf Education that I will be more happier to have a good literacy than just forcing myself to hear the sounds that is not gonna to help your life change.

Deaf will be deaf as always. I wouldnt go for it and any Deaf children who are very innocent. Sighs!

I aint running into Medical and have them to fix my deaf ears that will never solve the problem. I aint gonna to spend all my money to DISHONEST MEDICAL. I rather to do something else that will challenge for me to do in a real life.

We deaf people are not sicker as you think.

Deaf people can do anything except hear

To whom It may concern,

I would like to know who with little education wrote to my daughter
showing your middle finger and saying she want attention. You don't
my daughter or her family, so next time be very careful what you say
about my daughter. If you do anything to hurt my daughter I will report
you and they will find you. How dare you talk about my daughter like that.

Next time you show your middle finger again then I will report you to the
police. And Let me tell you one thing lots of people love her. And I'm very
happy. She can hear and talk.

Elizabeth's mom

I'm really sorry you went though three operations, but I'm glad you are able to hear well and doing much better...

Thanks for sharing your story and please welcome to AD :)

Sweetmind said:
BIG SIGHS! I find this is NOT necessary to have more than one surgery. Thats very unrealistic. Waste all that money that goes into the trash can as usual. I rather to use the money for Deaf Education that I will be more happier to have a good literacy than just forcing myself to hear the sounds that is not gonna to help your life change.

Deaf will be deaf as always. I wouldnt go for it and any Deaf children who are very innocent. Sighs!

I aint running into Medical and have them to fix my deaf ears that will never solve the problem. I aint gonna to spend all my money to DISHONEST MEDICAL. I rather to do something else that will challenge for me to do in a real life.

We deaf people are not sicker as you think.

Deaf people can do anything except hear

I don't find this sort of post quite neccessary in this thread...it's obviously a 'put-down' on the member here who is simply trying her best and besides, the object of the post is literally demeaning--where's the encouragements? where's the 'wishes you all the best?', where's the 'hope things will get better?' By now, hopefully you've gotten the gist of what's my point here is.

Of course, deaf people shouldn't be noted as being 'sick', etc., but we 'deaf' people surely can be much more encouraging and helpful rather than bestilling such an attitude that may be such a turn-off.

C'mon, can't you at least give encouraging thoughts instead of blowing about such agendas you stand upon, of course, that's not wrong either-- ;) It's how or the matter it is being conducted or approached that could give off positive feedbacks! :)

LIZASOUL said:
To whom It may concern,

I would like to know who with little education wrote to my daughter
showing your middle finger and saying she want attention. You don't
my daughter or her family, so next time be very careful what you say
about my daughter. If you do anything to hurt my daughter I will report
you and they will find you. How dare you talk about my daughter like that.

Next time you show your middle finger again then I will report you to the
police. And Let me tell you one thing lots of people love her. And I'm very
happy. She can hear and talk.

Elizabeth's mom

Hello, I'm sorry you guys had to read one of his posts. We aren't all like that here and we want to hear more of your daughter's experiences. The more knowledge we can get, the better! Can I ask you personal questions through private messaging? I'm only curious about some stuff because our son will receive a cochlear implant on July 28th.

:ty:

I hope that you and your mum haven't been discouraged from posting here, the majority of people here either support CIs or who may be skeptical, not want one but who are supportive of others who decide to get one. I didn't see the rude posting concerned but it sounded horrible - not the support you needed.

Best wishes.

R2D2 said:
I hope that you and your mum haven't been discouraged from posting here, the majority of people here either support CIs or who may be skeptical, not want one but who are supportive of others who decide to get one. I didn't see the rude posting concerned but it sounded horrible - not the support you needed.

Best wishes.
I believe RoadRunner cleaned it up this thread...

Welcome to ALLDEAF.. Im sorry to hear what you had to go through... Glad your doing better

MY POINT is... Do they really feel sorry for this person? I THINK NOT! I have my right to say it aloud since they dont have any good valid points in my topic. All they bashed and insulted/ namecalled to a direct person who cares so much. While I didnt until you think I m not taking it serious so I had to point that out for a good reasonable strong point of view of what audism people did it all along. And you told lies about us Deaf people and Deaf Community about being against CIers. Of course I am very against CI device on those Deaf children s nonchoice.

They dont feel sorry for those CI failure deaf children at young age and dump them into your trashy cans as far as I can see it very clear. They dont care or dont even help them at all after the parents were lost and did not know what next steps to take.

I have seen some parents who do not sign with their CI failure deaf child and their written english is not very good. This kid is still in Mainstream and use an SEE interpreter in the classroom only. SEE is artificial language that relates to a spoken language. There is something very seriously wrong going on and I am not very comfortable with this sticky situation. It is not a two way street. Also NO information about Deaf community that we can provide them with a very positive outlook that we all are Deaf people of Deaf community that cares about them. The information was hidden for a long, long time and wasn't shared with the parents. We did our job but no one even sees it I dont understand why.Thats why there is too many oralism rules and has to be their way all the time after all it is not the solution yet to avoid making the same mistakes.

Thats why I am here, because I want to help and educate them to get as much information as I can offer them to read with all my heart. Thats their choice to think of their best interest for the deaf child 's sake that comes first.

I know some parents do regret making a mistake and they wont admit because it s very painful for them. That's understandable and I dont blame parents 100 percent. Therefore, they are not the blamed for it 100 percent only since they didnt know any better and realized they got in with the wrong crowd in some ways. I m sure they read my writings that shows I do care for their Deaf children. NO matter what you think of me.

MODERATOR: I feel as though you are trying to control or overpower me and I am somewaht bothered by that. I dont think I should have to agree with everyone here. I think it is ok to agree to disagree. I m here to make the point and how I feel. NO one can stop me after all they dont have any respect for CI failure Deaf children.

I feel like You did not say anything to all the members that were rude/nasty / oppressive/ discriminative towards me. I dont think I should have to refrain, after all I am very strong supporter for Deaf children and Deaf community that saves my life. So I feel as though it s my job to save those Children from harm or the destruction ( for lack of a better word) of their true identity and language that works for both sides of the community that is possible to make the difference.

Let the children have their own Deaf spirit to make them feel good about themselves for being deaf. Deaf children can do anything except hear.

I am not talking about this lady which I havent said anything yet about her.

Im talking about Deaf children going through surgery for that reason..it is the wrong reason, let them have a HA if thats their choice.

Thank you very much! ;) :ty:
Sweetmind

Last edited:
Sweetmind said:
MY POINT is......... moan ......... complain ......... accuse......... moan......... selfpity.........

Sweetmind.... go moan and complain in your own topic.

I'm quite sure Liza is not interested.

Sweetmind said:
..I am not talking about this lady which I havent said anything yet about her.

Obviously this shows being off-topic in this thread--if you don't have anything to say in regards to the person who created this thread, then don't respond in here and ramble on about some 'other' issue(s) when it has no bearing to the thread itself. ;)

As for you assuming that I'm controlling you, overpowering you...tsk tsk, that's something I would never do or would ever have the desire to do--I simply was trying to point out something quite useful, helpful, whereas hoping that you'd see it and be able to comply and correspond accordingly from a peaceful perspective. ;)

Peace out.

~RR

Back