I had the pleasure of meeting Katz4life

RisinDragon

Reaction score
Katz4life came to Buffalo, NY to pick up a few boxes from her BF's house to take back to her home in Long Island. Since she lived in my city for 8 years.

She found me through facebook after meeting me here at AD, and we decided to meet up. We've met at a restaurant near my house, since the hotel she was staying at was a mere mile from my house. Would be silly not to meet, since she was so close.

She brought her BF along with. I had fun time. She and her BF were great. We had a late dinner, at a local restaurant. Man they serve too much food.

Watching the 2 of them sign made me laugh, it made me realized how long it has been since I actually used signed. I learned back at RIT/NTID. I remember some signs, with me trying to remember the signs I forgot and probably making up a few that didn't come out right. :laugh2: A few finger spelling, and my braindead brain not wanting to work when thinking of the sign for the words I want to express. I brought my Ipad Mini to help out a bit. I was very rusty, but hope I did pretty well in the end.

I was able to lipread, Katz4life, pretty well. Some words she had to spell out for me, but I eventually got it.

Katy,

It was a pleasure to meet you and your BF. :P If you ever come to Buffalo, to visit again. We should meet again.

Sorry I wasn't able to go with you guys to the Deaf Festivals in Rochester. My mother comes home from a Nursing Home tomorrow. And I need to help her get situated at home. I thank you for the offer. :ty:

168 views and not a single comment...

I guess everyone else was speechless. Or they thought your post was pointless and bullshit. But no. It was great pleasure meeting a...yes, very new and very fresh ADer like David (aka RisinDragon) whom I have met last Friday night at diner. So it's likely a chance of meeting him again whenever I come visit in town. I'm the only Deaf person he has ever met in his whole life in his city - where more or less 2,500 in population of Deaf residents live.

:thumb:

I will be passing thru Buffalo this Thursday on the way to Toronto. unfortunately I don't think I will have time to stop by to meet RisinDragon because it will be a very long ride for me (8-9 hrs) and I'd like to get to Toronto asap before I succumb to fatigue :lol:

Ahh, I'm still in Buffalo and it's nearly 5 am I am supposed to get some sleep... It's frickin' hot in here...as for Toronto, man wish I could join ya to up there I have U.S. passport in my bag but I have to leave back to Long Island home later today. We are passing by in the opposite direction, lol!

Ahh, I'm still in Buffalo and it's nearly 5 am I am supposed to get some sleep... It's frickin' hot in here...as for Toronto, man wish I could join ya to up there I have U.S. passport in my bag but I have to lrave back to Long Island home later today.

safe trip home! don't lose get your stuff stolen this time!

Grrr, you make me paranoid.... Here I go out checking and walking in my underwear to my rental van to be sure it's locked. What made you say that, I wonder? I smell that you been here before....hmm

Grrr, you make me paranoid.... Here I go out checking my rental van to be sure it's locked. What made you say that, I wonder? I smell that you been here before....hmm

you told me before that somebody stole your bag... last year? yea that.

Oh, i think you were referring about my backpack that was stolen inside the Greyhound bus in Denver during the layover. After World Deaf expo in LV. So yeah

Oh, i think you were referring aboit my backpack that was stolen inside the Greyhound bus in Denver during the layover. After World Deaf expo in LV. So yeah

ah yes yes. that. always be mindful of your stuff.

damn thieves. should have a death penalty for thievery!

That's in India, I think.. Not death penalty but chop off your hand or limb for stealing.

Toronto is only 2 hours from Buffalo.

Jiro,

Just to give you some information. Don't bother going across the Peace Bridge. Go for the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls. Trust me, it's a very very short bridge, and the people are nicer. The Peace Bridge is usually backed up for hours and you wouldn't want to be stuck on it.

That's in India, I think.. Not death penalty but chop off your hand or limb for stealing.

exactly how I'd like it! they hang people from crane in Saudi Arabia.

Toronto is only 2 hours from Buffalo.
yes but add in a couple hours if I stop to chat so that means my overall riding trip will be about 10 hours. 2 hours can feel like 4 hours if you're very fatigued.

Jiro,

Just to give you some information. Don't bother going across the Peace Bridge. Go for the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls. Trust me, it's a very very short bridge, and the people are nicer. The Peace Bridge is usually backed up for hours and you wouldn't want to be stuck on it.

I've never been to Peace Bridge. I'm going thru Niagara Thruway. Rainbow Bridge's better?

:thumb:

I will be passing thru Buffalo this Thursday on the way to Toronto. unfortunately I don't think I will have time to stop by to meet RisinDragon because it will be a very long ride for me (8-9 hrs) and I'd like to get to Toronto asap before I succumb to fatigue :lol:

Taking a bike yes? Keep the shiny side up and have a good trip:cool2:

Niagara Thruway is the one that connect to Rainbow Bridge. It's like 1/4 of a mile long. You know you are on the Peace Bridge, because it's about 2 miles long.

I was just in Toronto last year. Fun place to go too.

I guess everyone else was speechless. Or they thought your post was pointless and bullshit.

I saw and thought... that is nice but couldn't really think of a comment. So two people met up from a forum. Stop the presses!

I guess everyone else was speechless. Or they thought your post was pointless and bullshit. But no. It was great pleasure meeting a...yes, very new and very fresh ADer like David (aka RisinDragon) whom I have met last Friday night at diner. So it's likely a chance of meeting him again whenever I come visit in town. I'm the only Deaf person he has ever met in his whole life in his city - where more or less 2,500 in population of Deaf residents live.

Plan to live in Long Island for a while?

Back