I got Academy Suspend from Gallaudet

for first offense - just one semester
2nd - 2 semesters
3rd - 1 year
4th - permanent expulsion

that's a typical rule on most colleges but I don't know if it's same for Gally or not

you may be right, but on an interesting note ---- my University, sent me an letter in regards of the first semester which I failed, I was told must pass 50% of the semester in the semester 2, if I fail again = one year suspension :/

I never cheat anyone. I am good and hart study. ;) I am tell a truth.

No, I meant that the reason they did not allow you to have your dictionary with you during the test could be because using a dictionary could be considered cheating, unless you have set up something beforehand with disability services and the person (professor/teacher) who would be administering the test so that you would be allowed additional accommodations for the tests such as allowing a textbook (in you case, dictionary) or your notes or use of a computer or extra time or taking the test in a quiet room or having someone write on the test all your answers for you if you have difficulties with motor skills (handwriting) or writing or reading or spelling because of a learning disability or whatever (like you tell/sign/voice to the person your answer and she or he writes it down on your test paper for you...that person cannot use her or his own answers at all, yours only, you sign your answer to each question, that person writes it down for you, you and that person both sign the paper at the end of the test). Sometimes additional accommodations can include allowing the use of a textbook or notes, but the decision to allow a book or notes usually falls on the professor or teacher who gives out the tests or exams. That's just how it is done in many universities, at least at mine. But at Gally, I don't know about their additional accommodations because it is a Deaf college and I've never attended Gally other than the lame summer College Bound program I attended while in high school so the rules may be more stricter or different because things are already made more accessible to you there than compared to hearing universities. At Gally they may still make accommodations for your learning disabilities, though, but I don't know how it is done there because Gally is considered a fully communications-accessible (ASL) university for the Deaf as opposed to a hearing university I attended where I had to use interpreters and notetakers, and needed extra time and a quiet room for the tests, my university does allow a lot more than that but I didn't need the other accommodations other than textbooks and notes and none of my professors would allow textbooks or notes ever anyway and we had to do it their way. One or more weeks before a test or exam is to taken I have to request a form requesting additional accommodations from the disability services, write on the form what I needed, and have my professors sign them, and there is a part on the form that my professors gets to fill out where they check boxes for "allow textbooks" or "no textbooks allowed" and "notes allowed" and "no notes allowed" and that kind of stuff. That's the only decision my professors gets to make....the rest is up to the disability services who have assessed my needs and does what they think should be done to meet my needs such as note-takers, use of a computer, extra time, quiet room, etc...and I have to turn the forms in to the disability service a week before the test is to be taken so that an appointment can be made available for me to go to the disability office to use one of their quiet rooms and have some extra time (my university gives me 30 to 45 minutes extra) for the test on the day the other students are taking their tests in their classroom.

What? You need make clarity and you are very confused person.

Remember that Sara isn't all there in her mind. She's a sweet girl and wants for everything but doesn't get for everything. So with Sara, we all must have patience.

Here's a different perspective that I don't intend to offend but it is a reality:

College isn't for everyone. Some people are more suited for technical skills training. That applies to hearing and deaf alike.

Our society has been indoctrinated to believe that everyone must get a college education or else be doomed to life-long failure. That creates a lot of discouragement and frustration for people who don't fit the college mode.

There is nothing shameful about learning a trade or skill outside of formal college education. In fact, our society is losing all the skilled tradesmen because no one in the current generation is taking up those crafts. How many people do you know are in apprenticeships to become decorative iron workers, cobblers, brick masons (not brick layers), etc.? Those skilled artisans will soon disappear. Who will be around to do their work?

Some people aren't ready for college right out of high school. They either don't have the maturity or basic skills to tackle college work. For them, starting a couple years later when they are either more mature or have taken (and passed) adult education courses, could be the key to college success. Other people may never be ready for college but may excel in hands-on training in a skilled craft.

What is better? Constant frustration and failure at college, or continuing daily pride in jobs well done?

Emphasis: I'm talking about real skills in specialized fields, not minimum-wage day-labor jobs. (Don't let any VR counselors send you to a piece-work factory and call it quits.)

I'm not saying this is the situation for the OP but just an alternative to think about.

Remember that Sara isn't all there in her mind. She's a sweet girl and wants for everything but doesn't get for everything. So with Sara, we all must have patience.

I'm AD member for 4 years and already know about Sara but I don't care.

I'm AD member for 4 years and already know about Sara but I don't care.

If you claim to be on AD for 4 years then you will know I have been on AD for 4 years on/off like you under several aliases.

You were told recently to stop professing to know it all so I will gently remind you to stop again.

If you claim to be on AD for 4 years then you will know I have been on AD for 4 years on/off like you under several aliases.

You were told recently to stop professing to know it all so I will gently remind you to stop again.

Excuse me, you are not moderator and you need take argue to elsewhere, also ignore my post if you don't like my way.

There's words for you, zip your mouth and take argument out.

Excuse me, you are not moderator and you need take argue to elsewhere, also ignore my post if you don't like my way.

There's words for you, zip your mouth and take argument out.

you can ignore her post if you don't like it as well. no need to respond to it :)

Here's a different perspective that I don't intend to offend but it is a reality:

College isn't for everyone. Some people are more suited for technical skills training. That applies to hearing and deaf alike.

Our society has been indoctrinated to believe that everyone must get a college education or else be doomed to life-long failure. That creates a lot of discouragement and frustration for people who don't fit the college mode.

There is nothing shameful about learning a trade or skill outside of formal college education. In fact, our society is losing all the skilled tradesmen because no one in the current generation is taking up those crafts. How many people do you know are in apprenticeships to become decorative iron workers, cobblers, brick masons (not brick layers), etc.? Those skilled artisans will soon disappear. Who will be around to do their work?

Some people aren't ready for college right out of high school. They either don't have the maturity or basic skills to tackle college work. For them, starting a couple years later when they are either more mature or have taken (and passed) adult education courses, could be the key to college success. Other people may never be ready for college but may excel in hands-on training in a skilled craft.

What is better? Constant frustration and failure at college, or continuing daily pride in jobs well done?

Emphasis: I'm talking about real skills in specialized fields, not minimum-wage day-labor jobs. (Don't let any VR counselors send you to a piece-work factory and call it quits.)

I'm not saying this is the situation for the OP but just an alternative to think about.

:gpost: yep. there's absolutely nothing shameful in being an artisan. college degree isn't everything to having a successful, wonderful life. being prideful in your work is a secret to happiness :)

You can't allow to use dictionary the DRP test and Compass test too. But you can use dictionary on GWE test. This GWE for writting test.

So, I never use dictionary for all. :) See, I never cheat. You don't know about me. I never cheat at all. I am good student. I am hard study and hard understand word mean.

Last edited:
You can allow to use dictionary the DRP test and Compass test too. But you can use dictionary on GWE test. This GWE for writting test.

So, I never use dictionary for all. :) See, I never cheat. You don't know about me. I never cheat at all. I am good student. I am hard study and hard understand word mean.
We believe you that you don't cheat. :)

We just encourage you to use the dictionary for studying.

We encourage you to use whatever is allowed during the test. If the school allows you to use an interpreter, a dictionary, a calculator, etc., then it's OK. That's not cheating.

I think you will need some one-on-one tutoring and practice testing before you can attempt to take any more college tests.

I have a question for you. What is your final goal? That is, after college, what is your life goal? Do you know what kind of work you want to do? What is your dream job? :)

We believe you that you don't cheat. :)

We just encourage you to use the dictionary for studying.

We encourage you to use whatever is allowed during the test. If the school allows you to use an interpreter, a dictionary, a calculator, etc., then it's OK. That's not cheating.

I think you will need some one-on-one tutoring and practice testing before you can attempt to take any more college tests.

I have a question for you. What is your final goal? That is, after college, what is your life goal? Do you know what kind of work you want to do? What is your dream job? :)

Sorry, my wrong spelling. You can't allow to use dictionary the DRP and Compass test. Sorry about that.

Sorry, my wrong spelling. You can't allow to use dictionary the DRP and Compass test. Sorry about that.

Yup, just like most exams, you aren't allowed to use dictionary or other material without approve from test admin.

Back