I got Academy Suspend from Gallaudet

scottw

Reaction score
I got a test for DRP and GWE. DRP is Degree Reading Power need pass 56 score. GWE need pass 3 points. That I will take GSR classes.

I fail for DRP was 51 score. I am closed. Why? Because most of word that I not know what this word mean. I had a problem.

So, I went home. I check and see my grade and saw I'm dismess. I am so worried and stress alot. I prayed and ask God for help me. God helped alot. I am better now. I saw my vision (prophecy) on my dream and mind too. I feel that I will go back to Gallaudet. I don't feel that if I go other college. I don't feel!

So, I re-admission to fill it. I finish send mail and I forgot to do recommedation of letter. My teachers were done and I send fax. I hopeful to hear when Gallaudet e mail me when they accept me.

Please pray for me. I don't know what is wrong with my reading. :(:(:(!

"academically suspended"

When you are writing, make use of the Writer's Reference Guide that your country uses. When I attended university in Edmonton, I was always consulting the Canadian Writer's Reference Guide. Get the latest copy available. Also, one night, you should devote some time to read the dictionary. It is incredibly boring, but I know a lot of college students, who are hearing, who have done this to improve their reading and writing skills. Reading a lot of fictional novels that are deemed as classics will also help as well. Some of the stuff coming out lately are not that fabulous or famous for proper grammar.

The advices above would be ones that are recommended to ANYONE. Someone who have actually went through the Gallaudet red-tape would probably be better suited to help you more more.

I will go Learning Disability, because I have problem with reading. I have to find out what went wrong.

When I got homework. I reading the book and I understand what I read book talk about. And I do write down the question and answer. I finish it. I gave to my teacher. She gave me, I got many wrong answer. I feel not understand and went wrong with me. I go to MHC and she think me need to take LD.

I got 91 IQ. But she told me. This paper say that there is not enough deaf culture. I am upset with Dr. Peter was wrong. He might know about deaf culture. I don't have money for MHC that she give me LD test.

I love Math very much! I tried and hard. My teacher not allow to use dictionary for DRP test. :( I not know word enough well.

IQ doesn't matter. Far I am concerned. You are normal.

I wasn't suggesting using a dictionary during your exam, I was recommending actually sitting down and read through the dictionary. It will be a very dry read, but it will benefit you a lot and a lot of people do it anyway. I don't know if ALL of them do, but I know a lot of students have read through their dictionary once or twice in their academic career.

You don't seem to have a learning disability, just ASL-orientated, and probably need more exposure to English literature. However I don't know you real life, so I can't make that call. I can sympathise with you though since from time to time, my writing will show either Germanic or ASL structure. Most particularly Plautdietsch grammar with ASL transitions. I always forget that ASL handles transitions better than English. Just keep at it, and hopefully other people can chime in and help you out.

Meanwhile, just read a lot and rule out learning disability. :D

"academically suspended" sounds like you are not allowed to study again for one academic year? :eek3:

ScottW, maybe you started off to strong in your classes and the school should have tested you for placement. I am hearing and my English was awful. When I went to college I had to take college-prep courses just so I could get into English 101. You need to talk to your advisor and maybe he/she can help get you tested for a learning disability.

ScottW, maybe you started off to strong in your classes and the school should have tested you for placement. I am hearing and my English was awful. When I went to college I had to take college-prep courses just so I could get into English 101. You need to talk to your advisor and maybe he/she can help get you tested for a learning disability.

yes, I need to take learning disability test. Then I didn't make back to Gallaudet University this fall. Committee want me other college to complete the english. I understand. So, I called my old teacher ask for help. She with me one on one for private student and study alot. :D She agree with me. :D

"academically suspended" sounds like you are not allowed to study again for one academic year? :eek3:

for first offense - just one semester
2nd - 2 semesters
3rd - 1 year
4th - permanent expulsion

that's a typical rule on most colleges but I don't know if it's same for Gally or not

scottw - hang in there. do take prep courses. most colleges are very forgiving and helpful in getting first-year students acquainted to college-level but you need to be assertive about it. many students who enter college have many different educational levels so it is normal for first-year students to have a rough start.

You can go back after 1 semester so first thing to do is to focus on strategy studying as it is so important. Strategy studying will help you to delegate time so you will not be overwhelmed.

Talk with the disability students office ASAP! Don't delay because if you delay any longer, it makes things a bit tougher for you and the office with paperwork and forms.

You can go back after Christmas for the second semester or the January quarter. I get confused between Gallaudet as they have semesters and NTID as they have quarters.

Hang in there as you are doing just fine, just a little hiccup is all!

You can go back after 1 semester so first thing to do is to focus on strategy studying as it is so important. Strategy studying will help you to delegate time so you will not be overwhelmed.

Talk with the disability students office ASAP! Don't delay because if you delay any longer, it makes things a bit tougher for you and the office with paperwork and forms.

You can go back after Christmas for the second semester or the January quarter. I get confused between Gallaudet as they have semesters and NTID as they have quarters.

Hang in there as you are doing just fine, just a little hiccup is all!

i do going for college on one semester but i didnt done college and i didnt get degree dues hard study but i would agreed with my mom and i leave college and i passed to my brother who same my old college and my brother did very great pass grade but he study become mech same cars,trucks,whatevers.

I called College counselor with her disability. She knew about me 3 times fail the Pre-English B. And I went to Gally for one year. I failed for qualifed test.

So, Counselor decide me go Adult Basic Education to help me improve. I will let you know tomorrow when I go counselor and discuss.

Back