I finally did it... Now, I have questions LOL

OOOHH yeah that's something that irks me too-- especially since my son is Hispanic mixed...

This is a national chain... Half Priced Books... you guys might have a Mr. Kay's near by maybe?? That one is a good used book store too-- I can't remember where in Fl you are (I spent 1/2 my teenage years in Orlando)

I'm in West Palm Beach. South of Orlando by 4 hours.

Yay.. once we meet it, im sure you'll be PRO at it.

no worries, you'll be fine :D

If not... Adam will be at least LOL

I'm NOT getting much from the books-- except some cool background info... I have to SEE it to get it... guess I'm as visual a learner as Monkey!

I'm in West Palm Beach. South of Orlando by 4 hours.

Ahhh yes WPB familiar with it :) you should have a good used book store around there somewhere... I'll see what I can find and hit you back...

I started on one CD ROM last night, don't remember much lol going to have to watch/read over and over... maybe because I was watching TV too?? LOL

Ahhh yes WPB familiar with it :) you should have a good used book store around there somewhere... I'll see what I can find and hit you back...

I started on one CD ROM last night, don't remember much lol going to have to watch/read over and over... maybe because I was watching TV too?? LOL

Also, DCMP.org :: Home has a lending library and they are fantastic. It is free and all postage is free. You might want to check into that. I just checked out 2 more DVD's.

Who cares what the audists think.

As for where to learn ASL, talk to people in your local Deaf and interpreting communities since they'll likely know best.

Yeah I just didn't want to hear it ya know?? lol

OOOH yeah I officially got signed up today for the beginning ASL class that the school system holds... it's a start so hopefully in the spring I can get into the CC and take some there too-- but I'm excited, and I start in six weeks!! YAY!!!!!

Here's a link to KY Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing:
Kentucky Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Home Page

I don't know how close you are to Lexington. When I lived up there, there was a Deaf social at Fayette Mall every first and third Friday of the month. You won't be the only hearing parent.

There's also a church there with services for the Deaf. Beth and Brian Cross lead those services. Don't remmy the church name. It's been two years.

Here's a link to KY Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing:
Kentucky Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Home Page

I don't know how close you are to Lexington. When I lived up there, there was a Deaf social at Fayette Mall every first and third Friday of the month. You won't be the only hearing parent.

There's also a church there with services for the Deaf. Beth and Brian Cross lead those services. Don't remmy the church name. It's been two years.

I couldn't remember the dates on the Fayette Mall get together... Thank you!!
I think its Immaunel Baptist maybe?? I looked for classes there but didn't see any in their programs... I admit I didn't call thinking I was just lookinf in the wrong place...

Thank you so much for the reminders!!

I'm sending you a PM with info for their church... if I can figure out how to send PM. Didn't want to post it for everyone.

Back