I disagree in movie theater!

Suppose, there are a few closed captions on TV shows this fall or no longer captions at a movie theater, we could go to a small movie theather to watch foreign movies with English subtitles. Some movies are interesting.

There are two small theaters that I went and watched with subtitles. One is near Maryland College Park (off campus) and 2nd one is in Northampton, Mass. Pretty cool.

I agree.

Also one thing bothered me so much about movie theatres in the general... They're being unfair to people with wheelchairs... Many movie theatres I went to... I noticed that they only made special spots for wheelchairs that always at the front of the audience. I don't think these people with wheelchairs would enjoy the movies by having to look up all the time. I think they should make rooms for people with wheelchairs at any part of the audience without having to put them in the front.

In the movie theatre I go to there are two rows of seats that have a spot for wheelchairs on either side about halfway down.

In the larger main attraction cinema rooms there is a whole row made specially for wheel chairs. Then in every other row there is a spot for a wheel chair on opposite sides. So the theatre I go to is very wheelchair friendly as far as Im concerned. I have seen one or two people in wheelchairs there. They seem to like it.

yeah ramps would work leave a spot or 2 or give a whole row free of chairs in the middle not so far from the screen

That is good idea. I think We should leave some chairs between space for people with wheelchairs. I saw many people with wheelchairs always with their friends or relatives. I am sure they would want to sit next to the people with wheelchairs.

In the movie theatre I go to there are two rows of seats that have a spot for wheelchairs on either side about halfway down.

In the larger main attraction cinema rooms there is a whole row made specially for wheel chairs. Then in every other row there is a spot for a wheel chair on opposite sides. So the theatre I go to is very wheelchair friendly as far as Im concerned. I have seen one or two people in wheelchairs there. They seem to like it.

Interesting... I wish all movie theatres here in Seattle and my second home in Bend, Oregon would improve the access for the people with wheelchairs.

I just found out that my area does offer RWC! The new movie theatre had it, but they never mention anything in newspaper or in their original website. So I don't think many people knew. I am little pissed off that I didn't know all those months after it was open. Now I am going to tell my interpreters in hope that the news can spread to deaf community since I don't want them to be left out the same way I was.

Only one screen out of 12 screens offer that. But we will have to call in to see which movie is being air that week. I need to find a way to tell them to see if it's possible for them to put it on newspaper or on website. I don't want to call in every week just to find out, especially through relay. Ya know trying to call people who are not familiar with relay is really a pain in neck.

I am unhappy for not knowing but happy that I have a chance now. Too late for Spider-Man 3, the one I really wanted to see.

I just found out that my area does offer RWC! The new movie theatre had it, but they never mention anything in newspaper or in their original website. So I don't think many people knew. I am little pissed off that I didn't know all those months after it was open. Now I am going to tell my interpreters in hope that the news can spread to deaf community since I don't want them to be left out the same way I was.

Only one screen out of 12 screens offer that. But we will have to call in to see which movie is being air that week. I need to find a way to tell them to see if it's possible for them to put it on newspaper or on website. I don't want to call in every week just to find out, especially through relay. Ya know trying to call people who are not familiar with relay is really a pain in neck.

I am unhappy for not knowing but happy that I have a chance now. Too late for Spider-Man 3, the one I really wanted to see.

Awww that sucks! :( I agree that they should put it on newspaper to let every Deaf person in your community know which film they will show with RWC. I think you should go to that movie theatre and discuss it with the manager about how you felt about this situation. They should know about it and hope they will able to make it better for your deaf community.

What stands for RWC? Please next time you write the whole words for the first time so that we would know what you are talking about.

I'm going to watch Spiderman 3 on Thursday afternoon without OC. :(

I'm going to watch Spiderman 3 on Thursday afternoon without OC. :(

Yeah I am planning to do the same on Friday early afternoon. What other choice do I have? I am a huge fan of Spider-Man and so I have to go.

Yesturday I went to Pirate movie about 2 hours away from my home and I saw it with RWC for the first time. It's first time I saw something that's captioning. It's okay, and it take some time to get used to it. It's small and limited. I had to tell my sister and myself not to move so much because then chair will make words shaky which can make it a pain in neck to read. So we ended up being sore afterward. Not fun lol, but I loved being able to understand the movie finally.

RWC still need to be improve on in my opinion.

What I'm seeing here are people misreading and misunderstanding posts by someone. It's happened to me before that I got warned by Roadrunner for it and I can only blame it on the lack of proper literacy command by a few people here who get upset so easily.

Richard
I agree.

I've actually become a target by some people at NTID because of what I said that they didn't literally translate properly.

Awww that sucks! :( I agree that they should put it on newspaper to let every Deaf person in your community know which film they will show with RWC. I think you should go to that movie theatre and discuss it with the manager about how you felt about this situation. They should know about it and hope they will able to make it better for your deaf community.

They do in San Diego's Union Tribuane newspaper.. you will see the icon of [CC] or [OC] next to whatever movies that are offered at certain locations.

So maybe it is more of up to the newspaper companies that should include this information? But at the same time, the movie theatres should push the newspaper company to include the OC or CC to be printed along the ads for the theatre.

Yeah the Atlanta Journal-Constitution newspaper have CC/OC listed in the daily papers. They have done this for several years now. I am pretty sure smaller newspapers like the Knoxville, Tenn., News-Sentinel have CC/OC listed in their papers as well.

They do in San Diego's Union Tribuane newspaper.. you will see the icon of [CC] or [OC] next to whatever movies that are offered at certain locations.

So maybe it is more of up to the newspaper companies that should include this information? But at the same time, the movie theatres should push the newspaper company to include the OC or CC to be printed along the ads for the theatre.

It does with Chicago newspaper.

Back