I disagree in movie theater!

MetroGuy03 -

Good for you. I am proud that you have made an accomplishment to help a deaf community. A movie theater, in my area, provides closed captions once a week. It is not a quite perfect, but it is a least worth it. I hope that they do not complain about it. :fingersx:

MetroGuy03 -

Good for you. I am proud that you have made an accomplishment to help a deaf community. A movie theater, in my area, provides closed captions once a week. It is not a quite perfect, but it is a least worth it. I hope that they do not complain about it. :fingersx:

Aww thanks! :) It is still better than nothing. If these people complains about it... They're selfish and don't care about people's needs period.

shut up kid... you dont understand why united states of americans try to give plenty of support for the deaf communities.

Closed Caption theatre is the only beginning you should be fortune luck to have it in usa not like other countries doesnt have like here.

i am hard of hearing and my wife is a deaf we knew what usa give deaf communities plenty of opportunities if u dont like the way at the theatre. what if they try to make a better subtile in the future 10 years from now?
with a closed caption eyeglasses? who know! we have plenty to live here
think about it the way we live inside of usa. think about other countries where are poor deaf communties doesnt things like here!

DO NOT TEST ME GEEZ...
So wait, just because there are deaf people in other countries who do not have any closed captioning, deaf people in the United States cannot ask for something better?

That's like saying there are children starving in Africa so you should eat all your vegetables. I cannot personally deliver my vegetables to people in Africa. I also cannot bring closed captioned TV or movies to deaf people in other countries. That doesn't mean I should sit down and not want better captioning for myself.

Who knows, maybe somebody who complains about CC in the US will invent something that is more affordable to purchase and use and then people in under-developed countries will be able to afford to have closed captioning too.

This is getting off the track here. I LIKE rear view captioning but the BEST choice is and always will be OPEN CAPTIONING!

I met a few people who strongly disliked RW captioning because its too small or the visor doesnt stand up.

I think WHERE you sit in the theatre makes all the difference. Sitting in the middle of the theatre in front of the reverse words is best.

Make sure the theatre worker doesnt give you a visor thats dirty or loose. Its their responsibility to make sure its in good shape.

I just went to see Pirates of the Carribbean 3 last Friday and was VERY disappointed to discover the theatre made a mistake as they didnt have the captioning disc! In fact we called the theatre earlier to make sure it was captioned. I couldnt help but take my frustration out of the manager because of one simple thing:

ITS THE MOVIE THEATRE's JOB TO MAKE SURE THE CAPTIONS ARE WORKING.
No ifs or buts about it!

We dont have this kind of headache when it comes to open captions! :pissed:

This is the FIRST time I've seen someone say "crybabies" in Alldeaf since I joined on June 2004.

According to the search, there are total of 8 posts of "crybabies" since Alldeaf opened its doors in 2002.

Now, back to the point about this. Here's my advice to you, NEVER call people crybabies. They got the rights. How would you feel if I call you a crybaby? You would get mad, right?

yes i said it as for my maintain reason as a free speech, no i did not get mad about if anyone called me crybaby i would love to ask them why then listen and accept the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... You should say that instead insult everyone here by called us "crybabies". You have already showed us your immature and very uneducated person by called us the names instead express yourself to us with your opinion with the evidences to support your own arguments. :ugh3:

However, if we do nothing about it, it WILL NOT GET ANY BETTER PERIOD! We should DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT to get it better. We, deaf people have the right to enjoy the movies at any times and any movies as we wish to watch it with open caption. Why should we wait for someone to do something about it... HELL NO FRICKING WAY! I wrote a letter to the members of congress to encourage them to pass this bill a while ago. Also I involved collected the petitions to encourage Regal Cinamas in Bend, Oregon to offer open caption since that area had NO open caption since deaf community there is growing... Guess what? We won the fight! Now that movie theatre offering open caption on one film once per week (its not perfect but it is getting much better than ever!).

Any deaf people in any countries than USA should fight for it on their own. They don't need ours help to fight for their rights... They can do it on their own and make huge difference for their countries. If deaf people can do it in USA then they can do it in any countries too!

I don't think you really understand it at all. I doubt that you never do anything good for deaf community.

It's really doesn't matters what do you see me as an immature. you have absolutely no idea who I am, what I do for a living and what I have right to say as long as I am live. I don't care how many petitions who signed already... you should have seen here california, I don't see them complain about closed caption theatre then why here? some people here are afraid to agree with me. believe it or not. and you said i am uneducation? I thank you for that cause i don't care it don't affect my personal...I stand for my believe no matters what. I support here usa and I support outside of usa. I doubt that you never experience outside of the deaf countries communities either.

So wait, just because there are deaf people in other countries who do not have any closed captioning, deaf people in the United States cannot ask for something better?

That's like saying there are children starving in Africa so you should eat all your vegetables. I cannot personally deliver my vegetables to people in Africa. I also cannot bring closed captioned TV or movies to deaf people in other countries. That doesn't mean I should sit down and not want better captioning for myself.

Who knows, maybe somebody who complains about CC in the US will invent something that is more affordable to purchase and use and then people in under-developed countries will be able to afford to have closed captioning too.

you're right. can't I say it for my rights and they get twisted so easy? I like to do a debate here, they are just pour it out their true identifies. this is a beauty example how they can get quick judges whenever I say something little thing that can affect them coming toward me. I'm loving it.

This is getting off the track here. I LIKE rear view captioning but the BEST choice is and always will be OPEN CAPTIONING!

I met a few people who strongly disliked RW captioning because its too small or the visor doesnt stand up.

I think WHERE you sit in the theatre makes all the difference. Sitting in the middle of the theatre in front of the reverse words is best.

Make sure the theatre worker doesnt give you a visor thats dirty or loose. Its their responsibility to make sure its in good shape.

I just went to see Pirates of the Carribbean 3 last Friday and was VERY disappointed to discover the theatre made a mistake as they didnt have the captioning disc! In fact we called the theatre earlier to make sure it was captioned. I couldnt help but take my frustration out of the manager because of one simple thing:

No ifs or buts about it!

thank you I strongly agree with you!

No ifs or buts about it!

I agree with you. The world can't make things 100% better for us on their own. We have to work with them halfway.

For instance, if we need an interpreter... they put the interpreter in front of the room. While some of us may have preferences for sitting in the back of the room, we can't always say for the interpreter to sit back there for us. Even interpreters may have a hard time hearing the speaker from time to time. So, we work with the interpreter and sit in the front of the room for them.

Some of us may prefer to sit elsewhere in the theater, but if the captioning is best viewed in a specific location... then we have to work with them by sitting in that location.

It's really doesn't matters what do you see me as an immature. you have absolutely no idea who I am, what I do for a living and what I have right to say as long as I am live. I don't care how many petitions who signed already... you should have seen here california, I don't see them complain about closed caption theatre then why here? some people here are afraid to agree with me. believe it or not. and you said i am uneducation? I thank you for that cause i don't care it don't affect my personal...I stand for my believe no matters what. I support here usa and I support outside of usa. I doubt that you never experience outside of the deaf countries communities either.

I don't care who you really are. The point that is totally unneccesary to jump the gun and insulted everyone here "crybabies". You're much older than I do, you should know better then. :roll:

Actually I came from southern California too. Not every movie theatre in southern California have open caption too. There were only one movie theatre in my old hometown offer open caption... Only once per month... I am not sure if that movie theatre still doing that by now. You may think California meant "perfect world", you're wrong. Not every US states with movie theatres have open caption too. Obviously you never been outside of California before. :roll:

Actually I have been to Canada and Mexico for couple of times. Yes you're right that they're not same as USA but they have to fight for it on their own.

Canada and Mexico shouldn't be in the same sentence when it come to deaf issues. Deaf Canadians are doing just fine, but we do have issues just like the deaf Americans do in the USA. There's nothing new about that.

In Mexico, it's much worse when it come to rights for the deaf. It's the same with many other countries including Japan.

Canada and Mexico shouldn't be in the same sentence when it come to deaf issues. Deaf Canadians are doing just fine, but we do have issues just like the deaf Americans do in the USA. There's nothing new about that.

In Mexico, it's much worse when it come to rights for the deaf. It's the same with many other countries including Japan.

I just met 2 canadians they little bit different sign languages mostly same asl as well...I can catch them with by their talk with sign with different hands. I never knew canadians almost exact as usa sign language. so...what about closed caption in canada?

I just met 2 canadians they little bit different sign languages mostly same asl as well...I can catch them with by their talk with sign with different hands. I never knew canadians almost exact as usa sign language. so...what about closed caption in canada?

We do have closed captioning in Canada. It's just as common or more as it is in the USA.

ASL (American Sign Language) doesn't apply to just the USA. We live in North America. So it's natural to call it ASL in both Canada and the USA. What you just described as their signing being different, it's a dialect. All over Canada and the USA, it is the same language. Only some signs may vary different in different regions, states, provinces, etc. It's pretty natural for everybody from different regions to sign a little different.

We do have closed captioning in Canada. It's just as common or more as it is in the USA.

ASL (American Sign Language) doesn't apply to just the USA. We live in North America. So it's natural to call it ASL in both Canada and the USA. What you just described as their signing being different, it's a dialect. All over Canada and the USA, it is the same language. Only some signs may vary different in different regions, states, provinces, etc. It's pretty natural for everybody from different regions to sign a little different.

Now I see your points. that's very true there's no different.

Now I see your points. that's very true there's no different.

Wouldn't it be Cool if We have....

To have a theater just for the deaf & hearing impaired with closed captioned and the vibrator in their chair and the sounds of bose to thrills everyone out, this would be a blast, what do you all thinks ?:whistle:

Frak...I envy you guys who live in area which movie theatre offer captioning. I have never went in a theatre that has it (either RWC or OC). Closest one I have in my area is 45 minutes away, and next best one is 2 hours away, so I never had a chance to go. And yet I live about 5 minutes away from movie theatre in my area that does not offer any.

I do envy you guys who live in that area that offer one. It must be so nice to understand what guys on the screen are saying...

Anyway, I had no idea that ASL is also being used in Canada. I just assumed ASL to be something that's for US only because it was developed in US. What about deaf people who learn French in Canada? Do they learn different sign language too?

What about deaf people who learn French in Canada? Do they learn different sign language too?

In Quebec, they use LSQ (Langue des signes québécoise) or in English, it's known as 'Quebec Sign Language'.

It's closely related to both ASL and LSF (langue des signes française) or known in English as 'French Sign Language'.

To have a theater just for the deaf & hearing impaired with closed captioned and the vibrator in their chair and the sounds of bose to thrills everyone out, this would be a blast, what do you all thinks ?:whistle:

Sometimes the sound is loud enough my brother feels it in his chest. You can imagine I need to cover my ears.

It would be awesome to have that kind of theater, or even just open captioning everywhere--but it's all a matter of economics. Theaters shouldn't be forced by the gov't to do these things, they should be urged by the deaf community to accomidate them in exchange for using their business.

I'm all in favor or NAD or another organization or even just individuals asking theaters to make special considerations for the deaf. I just don't like the idea of a law forcing people to do it.

you're right. can't I say it for my rights and they get twisted so easy? I like to do a debate here, they are just pour it out their true identifies. this is a beauty example how they can get quick judges whenever I say something little thing that can affect them coming toward me. I'm loving it.
You're the one who said "shut up kid" in a post that I quoted.
What's the deal with you? r u gay? you have alot of misjudge against me. why can't I say something and you didn't like it?

Serious I am not here to get trouble-maker I am here to make myself saying as a blunt, doesnt have to be that way. what do you expect me to say? be nice and girly girly thing? COME ON! this is who I am and you cannot deal with it. you're f.u.cking insane (excuse me for my language and that's the way I am)
Wow. Holy crap. GAY?? How on earth did that get into it? And "I am not here to be a trouble-maker" directly contradicts what you said before "I like to debate here, they just pour out their true identities." Do you even realize what you are saying? Girly girly? Wow. Maybe you haven't seen the movie "Mean Girls" then.

You are a really amazing person.

Back