I did something about Gas Price Gouching

America is LUCKY

America is extremely lucky, we have the luxury of building more refinery at anyplace in US... We have the luxury of abdunce of available land to build reserve, and everything... While other countries don't have this luxury, and don't have any space to build refinery and reserve. There is no room for refinery in crowdy Europe, Asian countries. That is why I was not worry, nor in panic.

diehardbiker65 said:
Canada don't have much refinery. So, we the America buys oil from these sucker countries like Arabia counries then we sell back to them the refined products out of their black gold. That is one of big reason WHY other countries than America have very high price on gasoline and other oil products. This goes same thing with Canada, they don't have refinery, so they send us the oil and we refined them and sell back to them with profits in it. How do I know? I had very good friend who work in refinery before. Told me all these shits. I dropped my jaw.

There are over 25 oil refineries in Canada. Alberta has around 8 alone which is why there's no government sales tax in that province. Click here to view the webpage on Canadian Oil Refineries. Imperial Oil is the largest oil corporation in Canada.

Yet you say that we don't have refinery?

There is a lot of talk of it going to 3 dollars a gallon this summer, and possibly 4.
If it goes to 4, this country will be crippled.

$1.99 per gal was what I paid yesterday in my hometown, it ranges between $1.95 to $2.05.

Yesterday was 2.22 dollars per gallon.. now i saw the sign outside of gas station , it 2.04.. so it little bit down so far, better than go up and up! just hang in there til wars over!! and things will go back to normal as like in 2001 before Sept. 11 towers blew out by terriomist... i miss having gas price was .99 cents per gal which it was in Summer 2001.. grrrr at terriomists.. oh well .. just hang in there!!! i know that some of you guys having hard time to budget your $$$$ on gas, bills, house, loans, kids, etc. blah blah you name it! ..

TOF

diehardbiker65 said:
I wanted to say something. This MIGHT surprise you all. The truth is, America has one of the cheapest gas price in the world, while most other countries, include arabia countries have much more expensive gas than America. Do you know why? The simple answer is... when any countries suck the oil, known as "black gold". They can't do anything about this black gold UNLESS they got refinery.

Actually, the primary reason why gas prices are higher in Europe is due to taxes. European countries place high taxes on oil/petrol, to encourage conservation and public transportation.

Heres the Thing. Why not the goverment require states use that gas tax money to build more new refineries Each State does have Real Estate to build extra refineries.Or Raise and create new taxes for vistors who come into the US Like charge landing fees for non american airlines who come into the US. Port Tax for shipping that comes from overseas. and get this RAISE TAXES on All New SUV customers And create a state border toll booths like when you cross into a state line you pay a $5.00 Toll This adds jobs too. Then we can build plenty of new refineries and gas might come down.

$2.06 - $2.14 (Warrenton, VA). This mrg. I only pumped 5 gal.. 10 bucks... sheesh.

pinkster said:
I have fond memories of when gas was $.89 a gallon. That's my deal. :)
I remember $.39 per gallon, sigh.

It is now $1.99 for regular. :(

Beowulf said:
There is a lot of talk of it going to 3 dollars a gallon this summer, and possibly 4.
It would certainly be bad for my hubby's business. He uses a lot of gas.
At least he can deduct his gas expense from the gross income. He uses the actual cost of gas rather than mileage for deduction. It comes out better that way, especially since he runs his engine for long times in place without clicking up miles. Still, our income will go down as the price of gas goes up.

prices for gas has ALWAYS increase every summer so I'm not surprised if it's going to raise alittle higher.

America is so pathetic. :roll:

Gas is about 5 cents a gallon in Baghdad right now.

diehardbiker65 said:
America is extremely lucky, we have the luxury of building more refinery at anyplace in US... We have the luxury of abdunce of available land to build reserve, and everything... While other countries don't have this luxury, and don't have any space to build refinery and reserve. There is no room for refinery in crowdy Europe, Asian countries. That is why I was not worry, nor in panic.
In the US, the last refinery was built in 1978. Now that a refinery that produces 5% of the US's gas is shut down because of an accident, expect prices to go higher.

I am not complaining yet about them. This justifies my reason for taking the train to Rochester for Brickfest.

Beowulf said:
Maybe people will learn to take efficient public transportation, if it is available.

I filed a complant to florida attorney general and asked him if his staff should investigate possibile price gouching in my county.I told him i think theyre all doing this to make the customer pay to repair damages the hurricane did to them. And theyre gonna get it!

Almost not quite. It is all about profit business.

The truth is, America has one of the cheapest gas price in the world,

It is not quite true. We live in a big country, and everybody travel a lot, and especially we need to go to some food stores and buy some food & gas everyday. We go to work every single day. It is all part of game for gas business. Banjo got it right.

Maybe people will learn to take efficient public transportation, if it is available.

It would be great for us to use public transportation. The problem is how safe we are in our country? - i.e. crimes and terrorist.

prostock19 said:
That's the problem; it is not available everywhere.

Cities need to build more subway lines and more high speed trains. Like Baltimore needs a subway system like NEW YORK CITY.

Back