I am so mad i can't think straight!!!!!!!!!

<snip>

After telling my father all of this (he didn't interrupt me once), instead of the usual anger and "how could you?!" followed by punishment, he gave me a big hug for a long time and since then, I never stole again.

That is amazing... Sometimes, that's all it takes. What happened with the friends you hung out with?

i would bust her ass too..i can say this from experience, coming down hard now will leave a very lasting impression. my older 2 kids stole a bunch of stuff from a store..once. they got a spanking, had to return the stuff and apologize, and were grounded for a couple of weeks. we never had that happen again. you can talk until you are blue in the face, and its not going to do any good without some sting behind it.

I haven't read this thread yet, but let me ask; is she aware that she is turning out too much like her father?

You know- it would be better if you read this whole thread before you type up a book because you just wasted your time.

I've been very lucky with my 3 boys. They have never stolen from me. And haven't been into any trouble stealing from others either that I know of.

I was taught by my Grandfather so many years ago. He told me that there were 2 things that I was never, ever to do to him. And that was to Lie or Steal from him. And if I did, he made it very plain and simple what the consequences would be....he would use his Leather Strap. He kept it hung on the wall, in full view of me and my siblings...and he was not hesistant to use it whenever we disobeyed.

Now-a-days, that would be child abuse....and basically, I told my boys the same thing. Don't ever Lie or Steal from me!....Consequences will follow. And whenever they have disobeyed or made bad choices, they were grounded...no TV, computer, Ipod, phone,going to bed early, no friends over....even up to a 2 month time, depending on the infraction.

Keeping ur child close by, and following thru with their punishment, having long talks with them. If it were my child, I would make he/her earn my trust back.

You know- it would be better if you read this whole thread before you type up a book because you just wasted your time.

Your point being? Do not attack me. This is not the place for it, and I will not repeat it.

I'm sorry for standing this one down, Dixie. As you were.

Your point being?
why did you waste your time writing a very long post with many questions when you could have spend a few moment of your time to read the entire thread because this thread already has answers to most of your questions.

Why don't you take a moment and read this entire thread? it's not even that long. You'll see how far off the base you are.

I only stole once... I was stealing things I thought I would need to run away from an abusive home life. Had anyone (police involved, grandma involved, etc) really listened to me, they would have realized something really wrong was going on at home, and that stealing wasn't the problem - it was a symptom of something else going on inside.

Have you been able yet to get to the root of why your daughter has stolen the stuff? I think that might be the key to stopping the behavior.

Also, one of the members asked if you had pointed out to your daughter that she is acting just like her father... I would DEFINATELY advise against that. The last thing a child needs is to know that there is something "bad" inside her from her father. That's too much for a child to understand.

No, I've not mentioned anything about her father to her other than he's not around by his own choice. That's all.

Back