I am so mad for this!

:fruit: for you!

That's great, TweetyBird that you went for second opinion! You went thru so much recently and good thing you followed your guts that the hospital was not the right place for you. A person that I knew had to go to mental hospital for one week because she was severly depressed and suicidal. She was teenager at that time. She could not get out of there for one week, but what they did there was she had group therapy with people her age several times a day all week. There, she learned about depression and different types of abuses. She learned different tools on how to deal with depression and she took anti depressant pills. She had to change medicine three times before she found the right one that helped her. She felt like the dark clouds finally went away above her head when the anti depressant medicine worked a few weeks later. She told me that she was so thankful she went to mental hospital because people there understood what she went thru and she got much better after that. Not all mental hospital are good though. I wonder if in Georgia where you live, if there is deaf service at mental hospital, and/or a counselor/psychologist for the deaf? That way, you would get what you needed, rather than having to go thru writting on notepads. I agree with you TweetyBird that writting notes in group therapy is not the same as having interpreter...it interupts you from fully expressing how you felt. Also you won't be able to look at peoples faces for expressions, etc. I agree that not everyone that is depressed needs to go to mental hospital...some just need counselling and if necessary, get anti depressants. I'm rooting for you, TweetyBird that the dark clouds will go away above your head and that you find joy again in your heart about life...hugs!!!

It´s great to know that you found right doctor. I know you are never crazy!

Every doctors have different opinions of treat their patients. It´s wonderful new that you´re happy that way what you really want.:angel:

Peachy Lady said:
That's great, TweetyBird that you went for second opinion! You went thru so much recently and good thing you followed your guts that the hospital was not the right place for you. A person that I knew had to go to mental hospital for one week because she was severly depressed and suicidal. She was teenager at that time. She could not get out of there for one week, but what they did there was she had group therapy with people her age several times a day all week. There, she learned about depression and different types of abuses. She learned different tools on how to deal with depression and she took anti depressant pills. She had to change medicine three times before she found the right one that helped her. She felt like the dark clouds finally went away above her head when the anti depressant medicine worked a few weeks later. She told me that she was so thankful she went to mental hospital because people there understood what she went thru and she got much better after that. Not all mental hospital are good though. I wonder if in Georgia where you live, if there is deaf service at mental hospital, and/or a counselor/psychologist for the deaf? That way, you would get what you needed, rather than having to go thru writting on notepads. I agree with you TweetyBird that writting notes in group therapy is not the same as having interpreter...it interupts you from fully expressing how you felt. Also you won't be able to look at peoples faces for expressions, etc. I agree that not everyone that is depressed needs to go to mental hospital...some just need counselling and if necessary, get anti depressants. I'm rooting for you, TweetyBird that the dark clouds will go away above your head and that you find joy again in your heart about life...hugs!!!
wow!! thanks for share with me abt this.. i am very 258 abt this story... thanks so much for uddy abt this!!!! ;)

TweetyBird said:
i went dr. this morning, my mom went with me, so i explained the dr. abt me deep why i am depression... also dr. say that i had lot reasons which i cant say in here... i am taking depression med... i explained dr. abt what happened last week... the dr say he heard abt this place many time, they look for $$$, yea it true part of crazy hospital, i was :jaw: and looked at my mom, i KNEW it!!!! that why my guys told me not going there and my mom was shocked either!!.. so dr say good thing that i am not going there cuz of i am not crazy, the dr say i just had depression thats all and i am not crazy person... *whew* thanks god!!!! i am allright today..

If you look hard enough you can find a doctor to say anything you want them to, just because you find that 1 doctor doesnt make it true. I'm not saying your crazy, but 1 doctor told you 1 thing, another tells you what you want to hear (so to speak) so my guess is now that you got what you wanted your going to stop looking for doctors.

I'm new here but have been reading the thread and wanted to post my two cents worth. First of all I'm a deaf lipreader, that for the record. Next I wanted to say that I have been that route with depression. I used to be suicidal myself, oh about 15 years ago, you know, nothing to live for, no one loves me, why am I alive, I went the whole ball game, drinking, drugs, shotgun in the mouth with toe on the trigger all that. I spent five weeks in one of those hospitals your talking about, there was no provisions for deaf folks there, and yes you spent all day and most of the night going to group therapy, being a lipreader I only caught a fraction of what was going on and at 5 grand a day you had to have good insurance to cover a place like that, I frankly felt it was a complete rip off for a deaf person, and I said so, much to the staffs disdain, I had this shrink that came in and looked at me for 15 min. a day or at night when I had gone to bed, he might ask me a few questions and then run over and do the same thing to someone else, guy was making 100 bucks per person for that little song and dance and I mean everyday, they also gave me a pshycologist (sp?) who came in and showed me a list of words and asked me if I understood them took one hour and the guy made 300 bucks for what? wanted me to set up monthy appointments so he could fleece my ins. some more, I'm just telling you how I felt about the place, on the other hand the people there were what made it all worth while, you have never seen so much love in one place in your life and at no time in my life since have I felt love like that, there were about 40 people all in the same wing as me from all sorts of walks in life, there were suicides, alcoholics, drug addicts, co-dependents, prositutes, and they all had one thing in common and that was that the all knew they had a problem, that they were alone and trying to deal with it. Every morning you would go into this room while everyone awaited breakfast call and someone would stand up and say I need a hug, and everyone there would proceed to stand up and hug each other, I know that sounds corny, but you'll never find love like that in real life, never. As for drugs most of what they gave you were vitamins, if you were bad off they might give anti-depressants, I dont know what everyone took it wasnt none of my business. Also you ate like a king, all you could eat every meal, you had your choice of three different meats every meal, there was ice cream, yogurt I gained 25 lbs in the time I spent there. You got to go bowling once a week, swimming, vollyball, pool, and ping pong. You made friends in that place, didnt matter what you were, what you had done, or what you were like, it was wonderfull in those respects, I still feel like it was an insurance rip off, but what you saw in those people was that you were not the only person in this world that had a problem, that there were others who had much worse problems than you and they were not even deaf and in that I gained the strenght I needed. In retrospect the old saying is true, You might not always get what you want, but you'll find if you try, you'll always get what you need.

T&S

TweetyBird said:
I let u know that I went see my dr at 1pm today... It abt Depression... so The Dr. and I talked abt my feeling, and I cried alll night (last night) and this morning and afternoon.. I dont know what come to me... umm, I feel that I have no life and empty inside... and Dr. think that he put me in the hospital for that! i say why?? he say i need the med for depression.. i say why should i need be in hospital, they say it will help me.. i say HELL NO! i am not going be there in hospital, i just need depression med then go home thats all i wanna... so they say that they cant give me depression med cuz of i must be in hospital first! GAWD! i am not CRAZY PERSON!!! JEEZ!!! i cant believe that what i heard from dr! also i told him i am sowwy i cant accpet it cuz of i am not crazy! also they say i need remove my eyebrow, tongue and label cuz of they dont wanna me get infection.. i say hell no i am not going to take it off!!! cuz of it my body! not their!!! they say i stay hospital for 1 week, put med on me.. i dont need that.. i rather take med to home PERIOD!
Also, they gave me the paper what i need bring with me, they allow rings, STUD earrings, but not allow body periced!! OH PLS! not make sense!! also they say not bring string from shoes, and bring hairdryer, but but what abt hairdryer cord same thing can kill itself!!! what a different?!!! i really SHOCKED :shock: i am not CRAZY PERSON OH PLS!!!! what do u think???? i am so upset abt this.. i am not MR or CRAZY person!!!

NOW WHAT DO YALL THINK OF THIS???? :smash:
Crazy in Alabama! :lol: just kidding... Don't worry, some people have it! I lost one of my good friend... he killed himself by installing hose in exhaust pipe and put the other end of hose in window and winded up close... he just died... :pissed: But that's different kind of depression he have... Bipolar depression, I believe.. There's absolutely no cure for some kind of depressions?

Thaw&Serve said:
I'm new here but have been reading the thread and wanted to post my two cents worth. First of all I'm a deaf lipreader, that for the record. Next I wanted to say that I have been that route with depression. I used to be suicidal myself, oh about 15 years ago, you know, nothing to live for, no one loves me, why am I alive, I went the whole ball game, drinking, drugs, shotgun in the mouth with toe on the trigger all that. I spent five weeks in one of those hospitals your talking about, there was no provisions for deaf folks there, and yes you spent all day and most of the night going to group therapy, being a lipreader I only caught a fraction of what was going on and at 5 grand a day you had to have good insurance to cover a place like that, I frankly felt it was a complete rip off for a deaf person, and I said so, much to the staffs disdain, I had this shrink that came in and looked at me for 15 min. a day or at night when I had gone to bed, he might ask me a few questions and then run over and do the same thing to someone else, guy was making 100 bucks per person for that little song and dance and I mean everyday, they also gave me a pshycologist (sp?) who came in and showed me a list of words and asked me if I understood them took one hour and the guy made 300 bucks for what? wanted me to set up monthy appointments so he could fleece my ins. some more, I'm just telling you how I felt about the place, on the other hand the people there were what made it all worth while, you have never seen so much love in one place in your life and at no time in my life since have I felt love like that, there were about 40 people all in the same wing as me from all sorts of walks in life, there were suicides, alcoholics, drug addicts, co-dependents, prositutes, and they all had one thing in common and that was that the all knew they had a problem, that they were alone and trying to deal with it. Every morning you would go into this room while everyone awaited breakfast call and someone would stand up and say I need a hug, and everyone there would proceed to stand up and hug each other, I know that sounds corny, but you'll never find love like that in real life, never. As for drugs most of what they gave you were vitamins, if you were bad off they might give anti-depressants, I dont know what everyone took it wasnt none of my business. Also you ate like a king, all you could eat every meal, you had your choice of three different meats every meal, there was ice cream, yogurt I gained 25 lbs in the time I spent there. You got to go bowling once a week, swimming, vollyball, pool, and ping pong. You made friends in that place, didnt matter what you were, what you had done, or what you were like, it was wonderfull in those respects, I still feel like it was an insurance rip off, but what you saw in those people was that you were not the only person in this world that had a problem, that there were others who had much worse problems than you and they were not even deaf and in that I gained the strenght I needed. In retrospect the old saying is true, You might not always get what you want, but you'll find if you try, you'll always get what you need.

T&S
thanks so much for share!!!! very 258 in ur story!!!

DirtyOldMan said:
Crazy in Alabama! :lol: just kidding... Don't worry, some people have it! I lost one of my good friend... he killed himself by installing hose in exhaust pipe and put the other end of hose in window and winded up close... he just died... :pissed: But that's different kind of depression he have... Bipolar depression, I believe.. There's absolutely no cure for some kind of depressions?
hahahaha! :rofl: abt Crazy in Alabama!!! i saw movie before!!! anyway i am very sowwy to hear abt ur best friend died... that what the hospital think i need Bipolar put on me in hosital.. gosh!!!! i dont think i need it!!!

TweetyBird said:
I let u know that I went see my dr at 1pm today... It abt Depression... so The Dr. and I talked abt my feeling, and I cried alll night (last night) and this morning and afternoon.. I dont know what come to me... umm, I feel that I have no life and empty inside... and Dr. think that he put me in the hospital for that! i say why?? he say i need the med for depression.. i say why should i need be in hospital, they say it will help me.. i say HELL NO! i am not going be there in hospital, i just need depression med then go home thats all i wanna... so they say that they cant give me depression med cuz of i must be in hospital first! GAWD! i am not CRAZY PERSON!!! JEEZ!!! i cant believe that what i heard from dr! also i told him i am sowwy i cant accpet it cuz of i am not crazy! also they say i need remove my eyebrow, tongue and label cuz of they dont wanna me get infection.. i say hell no i am not going to take it off!!! cuz of it my body! not their!!! they say i stay hospital for 1 week, put med on me.. i dont need that.. i rather take med to home PERIOD!
Also, they gave me the paper what i need bring with me, they allow rings, STUD earrings, but not allow body periced!! OH PLS! not make sense!! also they say not bring string from shoes, and bring hairdryer, but but what abt hairdryer cord same thing can kill itself!!! what a different?!!! i really SHOCKED :shock: i am not CRAZY PERSON OH PLS!!!! what do u think???? i am so upset abt this.. i am not MR or CRAZY person!!!

Why would you think that doctor think that youre a mental retard, they are just trying to help you. Thats one main reason why people suicide because they refuse let anybody help them. :roll:

sound really stranger... Dr did not going to college then. it must be wrong hiring him or her for Dr.

Tweety, Glad that you followed your guts !

I heard a famous expression here
from my Mom:

"It's EASIER for you to get INTO mental
hospital then it's HARDER for you
to get OUT of that mental hospital"

I'd get suspicious of any hosptial
if they do NOT allow an interpreter
that's something "fishy" going on there..
Apparently, they were trying to
TRAP you ...

and it is the LAW that you have
the right to choose any interpreter
you prefer !!! You have the right
to choose your Mom or anyone
you feel comfortable.

Looks like everything is working out
for ya...

P.S. This would be helpful for others
in the future if you
do NOT mind to share with us
about the exact name of hospitial
the one that tried to TRAP YOU !!!!

P.S.S. You are very lucky and blessed
that you're seeing the 2nd doctor
that's right for you !!

Last edited:
TweetyBird said:

Tweety, I tell you...I used to work for state hospital in past and I am currently working on toward master's degree in SW....I have browse and anylze your talking....If you are able to function yourself on your typical lifestyle at same time you are suffering with depression then there's no point for you to go to hospital...mental hospital is DESIGN for psychotic behavior of person who ARE UNABLE to control themselve and their own lifestyle when it come to threating other...so therefore dr are to prescriptes you appriopate medication and offer you a counseling or therapy session as part of your treatment plan is only way...some stupid doctor are so PUSHY on their patients to surrender themselve to hospital becuz doctor want to prove their own diginity are worth is just to make their patients look more foolish without being honest and discuss exploring other options.

I LEARN alot of things from deaf psychiartist, he is gifted person from God...he taught me what's different about psychotic behavior....hope you will be strong to conquer it...dont let depression take control of your life smile.

Y said:
Tweety, Glad that you followed your guts !

I heard a famous expression here
from my Mom:

"It's EASIER for you to get INTO mental
hospital then it's HARDER for you
to get OUT of that mental hospital"

I'd get suspicious of any hosptial
if they do NOT allow an interpreter
that's something "fishy" going on there..
Apparently, they were trying to
TRAP you ...

and it is the LAW that you have
the right to choose any interpreter
you prefer !!! You have the right
to choose your Mom or anyone
you feel comfortable.

Looks like everything is working out
for ya...

P.S. This would be helpful for others
in the future if you
do NOT mind to share with us
about the exact name of hospitial
the one that tried to TRAP YOU !!!!

P.S.S. You are very lucky and blessed
that you're seeing the 2nd doctor
that's right for you !!

Unfortunately...more and more state hospitals are shutting down due to abusive and cruelity...so state hospitals are becoming smaller so it was settled based on regional area...there are one good deaf program in state hospital this are meeting deaf patients needs as it was greatly stafisied. I happened to speak with one Chief Operating Officer for state hospital...he quoted to me "we are trying to keep mentally hospital under control at small number and there are too many patients are gluing themselve to this hospital as their home and they need to be send out to right group home so they can practice and achieve their independent living at same time learn to cope with their instable mental with correct treatment plan." I strongly agree with him smile....

Back