I am sad

that is great to good change life. I am very tired. I am hard work but I am try hard work find out to help you . I need to help you. I am change better positive. I am better mood good day.

travis,

i'm glad today was a good day for you and that you're in a better mood! :D

I am sad. My right hearing aid died the other day so I had to take it in and I'll bet the cost to fix it will be $400. That is depressing considering this is the time to shop for xmas. My left ear is blocked somehow. I can not hear but a tiny bit w/ my ha. When my ha is out, then I hear nothing in that ear. I got a loaner for my rght ear. I need to get a referral to a ENT to find out what's in my left ear.

I feel hatred towards hearing people. I hate them. I hate them at work when they ask, don't you have your ha's in? Or when they mumble. Or look away while speaking. But the most irritating, hurtful, degrading statement the hearies make is 'don't you have your ha in?' or 'turn it up'.

I realize this is nothing new for all of you but I just get so mad and sad when this happens to me. I feel alone and wish I had someone w/ me who can understand my anger. Thanks for letting me vent.

I know exactly what you mean. That is why I thought it is best for everybody to learn sign language (ASL, PSE whatever). That way if one is too poor to afford a hearing aid, one still can communicate with others. I often tell myself why do I have to put in my hearing aids so I can understand my cousins. Why do I have to pay for earmolds once a year to keep my hearing aids in working order? Why do I have to wear hearing aids so the hearing people don't have to learn sign language? Nuh-uh, they are not off the hook. :)

i know the exact feelings!

gosh but hatred is never the answer.

i was bit of hard of hearing.... maybe the selective.

Orally, I grew up bilingual.

i d get headaches at times just adjusting the volumes n and hearing voices, even at times without hearing aids.

I just had started wearing the aids for few months at age 11.
My mom was so thrilled to be able to call me by name or anything by it just so to get my attention.airplane sounds, train... sawing sound...

so annoying. i d get headaches so easily.

At age 12, i was so bored out of my mind and finally decided... to damage my hearings. i loved how silence engulfed me

i used this floatie thing that u d float urself on in the swimming pool.
I screamed constantly into the end to the other end that covered my ear and then the other ear in its turn.

few days later ... I put the aids back on....
what ?.... (silence)....

I COULDN'T hear ANYTHING. what ?

:smash:
FREEDOM :)

MOM had to learn more of ASL :)

NO REGRETS. :dance:

I know exactly how you feel. I was also glad to lose the rest of my hearing.

i know people have different reactions to hearing loss, but i must say i'm really surprised by those of you who were glad to lose your hearing. after i lost mine, i had a very difficult time adjusting and experienced a great deal of anger as a result. although it took some time, i eventually learned how to cope and no longer feel that way. in fact, without my ci's i'm totally deaf and i feel very comfortable when my implants are off.

i know people have different reactions to hearing loss, but i must say i'm really surprised by those of you who were glad to lose your hearing. after i lost mine, i had a very difficult time adjusting and experienced a great deal of anger as a result. although it took some time, i eventually learned how to cope and no longer feel that way. in fact, without my ci's i'm totally deaf and i feel very comfortable when my implants are off.

I can understand that you would be sorry to lose your hearing since you depend on it as a blind person. I was very sorry when my sight went as I depended on it as a HOH person.

But my hearing is differant. I was not sorry to lose the rest of my hearing at all.

I can try to explain why I was glad to lose the last of my hearing. The hearing I had at the end was extremely bothersome. I was unable to tell the difference between a real sound and my imagination. I would turn around whenever I heard somebody call my name. Half the time, there was nobody there, or it would be the voice of somebody on the other side of the country or some such distance away. Music sounded distorted beyond recognition. Human speech sounded somehow non-corporeal, somehow terrorising. I had nightmares of the flesh of my family dematerialising before my eyes, and beastly undead and ghosts emerging from them. When I finally reached the point where none of it was real, I could finally relax. The sound vanished (briefly), and the world was at blissful peace (until the audio hallucinations started). People who knew me (except for my dad who never learned) would know I'm deaf, and wouldn't try to get my attention by calling my name. The only thing I missed was one specific song.

As I now seem to be going through that entire process in reverse, I'm learning many things about myself. One of them is the tremendous value I place on music that I didn't realise before I lost my hearing. Yet there are still many times when I wish I were still totally deaf, such as when a car horn honks while I'm trying to sleep, or when dogs are barking, or when my grandmother is talking :)giggle:). I have hearing aids again, and I can turn them off, but people expect me to be able to hear them, and so I must wear them whenever I'm around other people. Of course, I don't wear them to bed :lol:

The thought of becoming blind is terrifying to me. But if I were to become blind, I would tolerate it a million times better if I had some reliable hearing. I think the main thing that scares me about blindness is that I can't stand to eat unless I can see what I'm putting in my body.

i know how you feel people ask me that all the time even my own family they dont understand me at all. i hate it. well if you need any one to talk to i am here maybe we can be friends later

Back