I am sad

NEWIDME

Reaction score
I am sad. My right hearing aid died the other day so I had to take it in and I'll bet the cost to fix it will be $400. That is depressing considering this is the time to shop for xmas. My left ear is blocked somehow. I can not hear but a tiny bit w/ my ha. When my ha is out, then I hear nothing in that ear. I got a loaner for my rght ear. I need to get a referral to a ENT to find out what's in my left ear.

I feel hatred towards hearing people. I hate them. I hate them at work when they ask, don't you have your ha's in? Or when they mumble. Or look away while speaking. But the most irritating, hurtful, degrading statement the hearies make is 'don't you have your ha in?' or 'turn it up'.

I realize this is nothing new for all of you but I just get so mad and sad when this happens to me. I feel alone and wish I had someone w/ me who can understand my anger. Thanks for letting me vent.

Although separated by distance, I understand your anger.

I don't know what to say. Sorry about Christmas. Maybe it will be cheaper than you think. :hug:

hear-aids give me headache. Never wear it, and I'm in clear mind to focus better and less rage.

NEWIDME,

Just wanted to let you know that I understand how you feel and have felt the same way about hearies for a very long time. I can't stand it when people used to tell me to turn up my hearing aids (or today tell me that my CIs should allow me to hear better than I do). It's infuriating sometimes. :mad:

Hopefully the cost of getting your right hearing aid fixed won't be as much as you anticipate. I also hope that your left ear isn't developing an ear infection. I will keep my fingers crossed that everything is okay and that the only thing you're experiencing is just some minor irritation in your left ear.

You're not alone. :hug:

I hate it when you ask a hearie to repeat something and they say 'It doesn't matter', if it didn't matter why did they say it in the first place!

I hate it when you ask a hearie to repeat something and they say 'It doesn't matter', if it didn't matter why did they say it in the first place!

i hate that too. :mad2: my sister (who is very soft spoken) has a tendency to say "never mind" whenever i ask her to repeat herself. :roll:

I am sorry that you are having these problems with your HA right now, NEWDIME, but I am especially sorry that you feel that you "hate" hearing people right now.

Yea I m with you dude. I hate hearing people for their bigots and ignorance towards deaf people :mad:

i know the exact feelings!

gosh but hatred is never the answer.

i was bit of hard of hearing.... maybe the selective.

Orally, I grew up bilingual.

i d get headaches at times just adjusting the volumes n and hearing voices, even at times without hearing aids.

I just had started wearing the aids for few months at age 11.
My mom was so thrilled to be able to call me by name or anything by it just so to get my attention.airplane sounds, train... sawing sound...

so annoying. i d get headaches so easily.

At age 12, i was so bored out of my mind and finally decided... to damage my hearings. i loved how silence engulfed me

i used this floatie thing that u d float urself on in the swimming pool.
I screamed constantly into the end to the other end that covered my ear and then the other ear in its turn.

few days later ... I put the aids back on....
what ?.... (silence)....

I COULDN'T hear ANYTHING. what ?

:smash:
FREEDOM :)

MOM had to learn more of ASL :)

NO REGRETS. :dance:

i know the exact feelings!

gosh but hatred is never the answer.

i was bit of hard of hearing.... maybe the selective.

Orally, I grew up bilingual.

i d get headaches at times just adjusting the volumes n and hearing voices, even at times without hearing aids.

I just had started wearing the aids for few months at age 11.
My mom was so thrilled to be able to call me by name or anything by it just so to get my attention.airplane sounds, train... sawing sound...

so annoying. i d get headaches so easily.

At age 12, i was so bored out of my mind and finally decided... to damage my hearings. i loved how silence engulfed me

i used this floatie thing that u d float urself on in the swimming pool.
I screamed constantly into the end to the other end that covered my ear and then the other ear in its turn.

few days later ... I put the aids back on....
what ?.... (silence)....

I COULDN'T hear ANYTHING. what ?

:smash:
FREEDOM :)

MOM had to learn more of ASL :)

NO REGRETS. :dance:

hmmm...

I find that highly aggravating when people do that to me! It feels like they don't care about me, like they're talking behind my back.

i hate that too. :mad2: my sister (who is very soft spoken) has a tendency to say "never mind" whenever i ask her to repeat herself. :roll:

My sister, who is also soft spoken, also does this same thing!

I find that highly aggravating when people do that to me! It feels like they don't care about me, like they're talking behind my back.

My sister, who is also soft spoken, also does this same thing!

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums...appy right make sure enjoy proud of yourself.

I agree you are correct. thank hear again. I am proud of support to you. I want to miracle to respect to you God love you heart to trust to peaceful. I want to happy for you.

I agree you are correct. thank hear again. I am proud of support to you. I want to miracle to respect to you God love you heart to trust to peaceful. I want to happy for you.

you're welcome, travis. :)

i appreciate your friendship and am very happy to know you! :)

That is appreciate to very happy. I am wonderful to you.

that is great to good change life. I am very tired. I am hard work but I am try hard work find out to help you . I need to help you. I am change better positive. I am better mood good day.

Back