I am now an E-Bay Seller!

sure Farewell I would enjoy getting any feedback as this is my first listing.

Sara this thread is not about your mother and aunt being sellers on ebay. It is about me finally getting some of my merchandise on ebay to sell!

I never personally shopped at ebay cause I wasnt sure if it could be trusted. But now I am an ebay seller so I believe it can be trusted now lol.
Bear, big congrats! I am seller and buyer since 2003! You will have sometime fun with ebay..

Bear? like farewell said in his post what I agree. most important to you, check seller's feedback before you will more secure, then you bid or buy it now. ;) if you selling item on ebay, you just make sure buyers who be serious to buy. just be careful with buyers who sometime be fool you around. (my advice, you check buyer's feedback too..)

Have fun and Good luck! ;)

Phillips cool any tips for me?

Sara no your not wrong. I just dont want this thread hijacked by others selling. They can make their own threads. :)

Here i have no idea about Paypal ok!! :):)

If a check then must wait for 10 days clearly
Also try to avoid a bounce check! :eek:

try money order only!! so less pain in ass for you >>> check!! its up to you

If you need more things selling then looking for government or other warehouse for bankrupt or lien also auction in your location......

and definitely find a good cheap items too! :):):)

If you re not sure about weight of an item then bring it to post office and have to check weight and estimate price shipping ok

example shipping cost 5.50 but you put it down 6.00 or... 9.00 included handle! :):):) cuz you drove your car for gas too! :giggle:

If buyer didn't pay you then report to ebay to promptly buyer to pay!

:hmm: think of another!! umm ok anyway Good Luck!!! :):)

Last edited:
sure Farewell I would enjoy getting any feedback as this is my first listing.

Be sure little more expand on descripition on ur guitar such as condition, how long u used, how often u used, included box or bag and instruction/manual, it is perfect for collector or beginner... Be sure add little payment policies such as no International bidders, PayPal only, must be pay within 3 days after end of auction, etc.. Is ur guitar little heavy? If so, try increase S/H charges to like 15 dollars, so u can pay eBay fee, PayPal fee, box/tape fee, drive to USPS office, pay postage/delievery confirmantion fee, and ur time to handle it... Do u have digital camera? If so, try take more pics of ur guitar better than internet pics, so people will not interesting on internet pics cuz they dont know if its fake or whatever...

Abt payment, I always use PayPal cuz of more faster and more secure, I will glad only money order if buyer(s) dont have PayPal... I refuse allowed personal check cuz never know that person have problem history such as bounce or fraud...

Also I forget that s why I am sick of those increase fees costs so I am retired. :):)

You know I am refused pay for 15.00 shipping with a tiny> plant with a box! :eek:

So Make sure all those fees included

If am I wrong that if you re selling your item over 100.00 or 1000.00 so ebay will charge a large fee on you too ! I suppose so?? :dunno:

Farewell and Phillips you two have offered me exceptional and invaluable advice :ty: :ty: :ty: so much to you two! I will try to implement this advice for the next auction I list!

Also I forget that s why I am sick of those increase fees costs so I am retired. :):)

You know I am refused pay for 15.00 shipping with a tiny> plant with a box! :eek:

So Make sure all those fees included

If am I wrong that if you re selling your item over 100.00 or 1000.00 so ebay will charge a large fee on you too ! I suppose so?? :dunno:

Yea, same here, once eBay fees increased and I have to increase my shipping rate...

Yea, u are right, the final cost on auction 100.00 and eBay will charge 100.00 times .25% (I believe) I have done sold larger money before cuz I sold my few personal collection of game worn jerseys and game worn shorts

I am a ebay seller too! Been selling alot of stuffs. I haven't sell anything since May.

I was ebay seller for quite long time then gave up since buyers are being shelfish and picky over items lol. I always stated "No refunds" on every auctions I sell because I am selling my own items like we are selling as garage sale. Store owner does sell their items on ebay. Some of my buyers complains about the items I sold to them which I already mentioned on ebay. The buyer wanted full refund and I told them I already stated "No refund" on ebay auction. They reported to Paypal and Paypal doesn't care about seller's policy on ebay. They can force to take out your money from bank and pay back to buyers. They did it to me twice and I was angry at Paypal doing this. Being on your own power as seller on ebay still no power at all. So I had to change myself and give refunds to stupid picky buyers and lose my $ on ebay service fees and shipping charges. Best way to stick with "No refund" policy just only accept money order because they have no way to get their money back. And most of all always use delivery confirmation/ tracking number on every items you sell/ship to. One time I ship and had Delivery Confirmation # and that package was lost but the DC# stated already deliveried and the buyer said never got it and reported to paypal and tried to make me pay back but paypal saw my DC# stated delivered and Paypal turn down the buyer's request. Whew.

I was ebay seller for quite long time then gave up since buyers are being shelfish and picky over items lol. I always stated "No refunds" on every auctions I sell because I am selling my own items like we are selling as garage sale. Store owner does sell their items on ebay. Some of my buyers complains about the items I sold to them which I already mentioned on ebay. The buyer wanted full refund and I told them I already stated "No refund" on ebay auction. They reported to Paypal and Paypal doesn't care about seller's policy on ebay. They can force to take out your money from bank and pay back to buyers. They did it to me twice and I was angry at Paypal doing this. Being on your own power as seller on ebay still no power at all. So I had to change myself and give refunds to stupid picky buyers and lose my $ on ebay service fees and shipping charges. Best way to stick with "No refund" policy just only accept money order because they have no way to get their money back. And most of all always use delivery confirmation/ tracking number on every items you sell/ship to. One time I ship and had Delivery Confirmation # and that package was lost but the DC# stated already deliveried and the buyer said never got it and reported to paypal and tried to make me pay back but paypal saw my DC# stated delivered and Paypal turn down the buyer's request. Whew.

I had almost same problem with one buyer. I sold coca cola bottle to him. He said he never get it. I said i already send it to him. I didn't get any delivery confirmation number. Paypal forced take my money out from my paypal account. I was so upset. I learned my lesson to make sure that I get delivery confirmation.

I bought three jeans from one other seller. She never put No Refund in her listing. No policy rule from her listing. I asked her about refund or replace right one. She never answer my question. I had to send her email three time but she never say yes or no. I complained to Ebay and paypal about it. Then I cannot get any refund or replace at all. I wrote her negetive feedback. She got even with me. I will never never want buy jeans or clothes.

^^^ Yea, it was happened to me 2 times (one fball game jersey and other one is WWE chair with some other WWE stuff) fball game jersey lost in somehwere USA and I send him refund via PayPal, other one WWE chair with some WWE stuff lost in nowhere sea (it was supposed shipping to UK bidder), so PayPal took my money away to UK bidder and forced myself to selling more items to prevent punishment from PayPal since it was below from zero (for example -150 dollars) to meet zero back on PayPal acct, after that I banned selling any items to International...

Now I am selling some stuff on eBay, check it out

eBay Seller: wwedvdcollector: DVD, HD DVD Blu-ray, UMD items on eBay.com

I hope all my selling descripition would help improve to ur selling descripition ;)

Let me tell you this.

You see a lot of seminars of making people ebay success stories showing pictures of sucessful ebayers walking on the beaches.

Guess what, thats bull!

Instead of the beach youre going to be stuck in your shipping room packaging hundreds of orders and hauling them to the post office every week. Yes the postal workers refuse to pick up all the packages.

We went to a seminar last December and we got the big orders coming in and have yet to be able to spend a day at the beach.

Richard

Let me tell you this.

You see a lot of seminars of making people ebay success stories showing pictures of sucessful ebayers walking on the beaches.

Guess what, thats bull!

Instead of the beach youre going to be stuck in your shipping room packaging hundreds of orders and hauling them to the post office every week. Yes the postal workers refuse to pick up all the packages.

We went to a seminar last December and we got the big orders coming in and have yet to be able to spend a day at the beach.

Richard

You dont make any sense. My friend who earn $2,500 a month that she is ebay seller. she said she get free empty boxes from post office and she have a contant with Post office that they come her house to pick all package. She went to other country for vacation that she got money. She teach me about keep get tracking confirm also get insurance and make sure put many rule on listing so people wont be misunderstand or missing. she gave suggest buyers to get insurance. If no insuance, she put It is not my resonbility about if it is lost. but she reguire to get tracking confirmf from post office.

I had this problem. I sold three books on eBay, and she said that she changed her mind not buy them. I didn't want to force her otherwise my credit would look bad. I lost 12 dollars for eBay's fee and percent of the values. I didn't want to sell anything since then. I hate eBay's two fees. Only one fee is fine with me.

My neighbor is 62 and makes money on eBay for 15,000 dollars a year. She spent so much time on eBay. Her healthy doesn't look too good because she spent too much time inside the house because of her ebay work. I believe that it is more important to be healthy and get fresh air - than being inside all the time. Her doctor said that it is too late that her stomach has a problem. She had two operations. Guess what - she has to pay her income tax for the eBay. What a suck! It's worthless.

Back