I am angry with parents

"Normal" is SO overrated! I'm not sure what I'd do with a "normal" child. Its variety that makes life challenging and interesting. So I have a really hard time understanding parents who want a "normal" child.

deafdyke said:
YAY!!!!! Another involved parent!!!! PrincessTabu, please don't take our rantings personally.

Deafdyke, thanks so much for your support. I don't get upset by anything written on this forum. Check out deaf-hearing relationships thread, I need some help. Thanks again...

Check out deaf-hearing relationships thread, I need some help. Thanks again.
Which thread exactly? And you know...I think a lot of this venting is a lot like women complaining about guys in general.

I have seen few parents they donot care for their deaf children.If they have two children,one deaf another hearing, they take care for hearing but worse for deaf.But I have a veiw that if care is taken for deaf,he/she will give more love, affection & loyal to parents.
undefined:bsflag:

Last edited:
A "normal" child would be an "average" child. Girl, right-handed, solid "B-" student, plays with "Brats", etc, etc. Not particularly bright, nor dumb, all body parts work, but none of them work exceptionally well. Can learn anything, but will never excel at any sport, technology, or skill. Meets all of societies "norms", but never exceeds them.

In short, the "normal" child is a boring child and thankfully very few of them exist.

Life is so much more interesting when we learn to accomodate the needs of others. We learn so much more about ourselves, the human spirit and our capabilities when we have obsticles to overcome.

Hehe,

I may still bore you, but I don't fall into many "normal" catagories. :nana:

:fly2: Hello I am new. I am Deaf and I love people who involved or support Deaf community :lol:

Ja! seen enough! My parent's hearing but do sign, not wonderful BUT better than NOTHING! They have done good support for me.

Yes, I would be pissed off when hearing parent oppressed on their own deaf child! The problem is they have no Friggin idea what deaf really is all about. In their ears, "They can't hear? OMG!!! something is wrong with us, better hide them!" rather than see them as opportunity for learning and unique achievements. Often I see them superfocus on oral and hearing and forget the potential education side which would have better opportunity in future. Most of them are lost. :(

Hearing parents tend to follow hearing professional for the advise. Usually they aren't good advices anyway. They should have get involved with deaf, or "hard core" CODA especially deaf families and get better advice from them.

Few? not enough? you hit it hard and right!

illustrator said:
From what I hear many stories from real life that deafie seem have no future. In first place, I was angry on them.

No... I blame their parents for not teach them something right. They seem give hard time on hearing impaired child.

NOTE: It's about hearing parents not deaf parents....

I have seen several parents are so rude! How can they live like that? It's completed different from what I compare to my parents. I know very few hearing parents are very sweet and will do anything to make hearing impaired become succesful like me.

Few? It's not enough! I think there need to have something pshyology to teach something that future parents need know and how to make great deal with hearing impaired children. It's okay to have sign language or not. But, more important is how to make children to live in their future.

What's your thought about hearing parents? Share!

My parents are very wonderful to me when i grew up with my wealthy familys...My mother is sub interpreter for a long times. she supportive a deafie peoples in school edcuation... she told me that she never thought about a bad thing "deaf culture"...
I want to tell you about the stories about my mom ....
when i was out of the hospital from the second preggy...my mother asked me to go to eat a fancy restuarants... so i bring my brand new second daughter (i think my hard of hearing daughter ) with me.... we sat and talkative with no voice (use our sign language hands ) i was breastfeeding my second daughter and same time a sign language...
four of stupid guys who sat a long bench next to us .
my mom heards what all of four guys spoke and they make of fun of sign language with their voice.... my mom was hold her breath for one hours... i kept asked my mom "what matter with my mom?" she started a tear with her red eyes and not really cried.... just tear on both her eyes.... I noticed what my mom has something upset ... i cant figure out and i was pay attention my daughter was breastfeed ... so we kept contuine ate a wonderful dinner.... a finally my daughter were slept and put on scoller.... so i keep asked my mom "what matter ?" and she still refused tell me what is it ? and she said, "wait and will explain to me when we get home " and i said, okay ... we got full the stomach and time to leave the table... my mom stand up and turn around and she yelled at four stupid guys( the four guys are old and there are no young)....when i turn around and i saw what my mom yelled at four guys and i said "oh holy shitty i am firsst time i ever see what my mom is real angry at four guys and told them that my mom is hearing and can hear what the four guys said " make fun of nasty mouth about my daughter and brand new granddaughter .." The four guys were soooooooooo blashhhhed and my mom pour a beer all over the four guys .... i was laughed and everyone stand up and clap for my mom . my mom and i were laughed and walked away from stupid four guys
then my mom said "fuck you and i never forgot what all of four guy said about a deaf culter" and i never see what my mom put her finger with "f" at four guys's face... then she drove the car and wwent home.... she explained to me everything what the stupid four guys said.... guess what ??? I am proud of what my mom stood by me and my daughter for supportives.... and my mom said wink and lets forgot about what happened at the fancy restuarant...
i felt like i wanted to tell my parents that what i felt that I always loves mom and dad in my damn whole heart no matter what ! and thanks for teach me everything bottom to the top heart..from Kristy

oops i forgot to put age for my daughter it is three months old daughter by c.section ... sorry!!!

I'd have to say I am not angry with parents....there are parents out there who are 100% OK with sign and Deaf culture....but I am angry at some parents who are just so determined that ASL and Deaf culture are not useful tools. Some of them just can't deal with the fact that their child is OH NO...special needs! Others are yuppies who want kids who will go to Harvard and score perfectly on the SATs....so incredibly ironic esepcially seeing as virtually ALL those people would grab the chance for their kid to be bilingal in a spoken language. I also can't stand the parents who ignore the experiances of real live dhh people, and who follow the advice given to them by the doctors. We were there once too you know. Many of our parents thought the same as you did...and there are now many parents who are Monday morning quarterbacking and now say they wish they had exposed their kids to both ASL and English....it would be interesting to see if many of those parents who choose speech only are still trying to deal with their children's disabilties.

AMEN to dat! i had so much hard time to talk to my mom about how i feel because she kept bitching or i could have said that shes been pushing me away, i dont even know why she had to do it even she may be right sometimes.. i tried, i have always tried, tried to tell her how i feel but not when shes pissed or bitched at me for what i had done... i cant be perfect that she wanted me to be! ... i sometimes afraid that she might be kicked me out of the house as if i moved back home with her this week.. -sighs- life is not always fair..

I want to tell you the story of my beloved friend (rest in peace) and her 3 kids.

I met her at community college when we were students, we were chatting and I asked her how did she knew ASL. She told me the story. I was so impressed with her.

She gave a birth second child a girl. She found out her daughter was deaf. She didn't know what to do. She decided to bring her daughter to infant programs at deaf school. She learned sign language and wanted her older hearing son to know sign language. In a year later, she was pregnant again, and it was a hearing daughter. She kept learn ASL and taught her 3 kids. Also use ASL 24/7 at home or in public, etc.. She told me she wanted her kids to communicate to each other and didn't want her deaf daughter to feel left out. Every times her daughter couldn't understand what hearing ppl were saying, she asked her mother. My friend told her what ppl said. She was involved in deaf community and was an interpreter. She was a great mother to the kids. The kids surely missed their mother.

My friend, you are great friend, and mother to deaf community and the kids. I miss you surely.. :hug: my friend :angel:

im been angry at my mom for more reasons!

because my mom exchanges my e-mail address and password of my dating websites but im kinda pissed off at her but im still more angry and more MEANS! but im in big mood at my mom for reasons because she knew everythings about that and i told her i can handle it! and my step-brother knew about dating websites very serious and more dangerous he told me one of girls using dating websites and dont tell her mom about dating websites they she met man they met her mom they ok for dating my step-brother wanted me to meet man in city i said ok! but i trust my step-brother very much! but i never let him down!

my mom using block websites for dating but im kinda pissed off but that totally not fair for me! and i got more angry at her but i cant help it! but im wishes i would get my OWN computer and dont let my mom to block my new computer like THAT! i hates that idea!

Sara Boyce

kristy said:
My parents are very wonderful to me when i grew up with my wealthy familys...My mother is sub interpreter for a long times. she supportive a deafie peoples in school edcuation... she told me that she never thought about a bad thing "deaf culture"...
I want to tell you about the stories about my mom ....
when i was out of the hospital from the second preggy...my mother asked me to go to eat a fancy restuarants... so i bring my brand new second daughter (i think my hard of hearing daughter ) with me.... we sat and talkative with no voice (use our sign language hands ) i was breastfeeding my second daughter and same time a sign language...
four of stupid guys who sat a long bench next to us .
my mom heards what all of four guys spoke and they make of fun of sign language with their voice.... my mom was hold her breath for one hours... i kept asked my mom "what matter with my mom?" she started a tear with her red eyes and not really cried.... just tear on both her eyes.... I noticed what my mom has something upset ... i cant figure out and i was pay attention my daughter was breastfeed ... so we kept contuine ate a wonderful dinner.... a finally my daughter were slept and put on scoller.... so i keep asked my mom "what matter ?" and she still refused tell me what is it ? and she said, "wait and will explain to me when we get home " and i said, okay ... we got full the stomach and time to leave the table... my mom stand up and turn around and she yelled at four stupid guys( the four guys are old and there are no young)....when i turn around and i saw what my mom yelled at four guys and i said "oh holy shitty i am firsst time i ever see what my mom is real angry at four guys and told them that my mom is hearing and can hear what the four guys said " make fun of nasty mouth about my daughter and brand new granddaughter .." The four guys were soooooooooo blashhhhed and my mom pour a beer all over the four guys .... i was laughed and everyone stand up and clap for my mom . my mom and i were laughed and walked away from stupid four guys
then my mom said "fuck you and i never forgot what all of four guy said about a deaf culter" and i never see what my mom put her finger with "f" at four guys's face... then she drove the car and wwent home.... she explained to me everything what the stupid four guys said.... guess what ??? I am proud of what my mom stood by me and my daughter for supportives.... and my mom said wink and lets forgot about what happened at the fancy restuarant...
i felt like i wanted to tell my parents that what i felt that I always loves mom and dad in my damn whole heart no matter what ! and thanks for teach me everything bottom to the top heart..from Kristy

Good for her! WOW! I like this story...can you share with us what the 4 stupid guys said about you and your daughter?

Back