Hurricane Season Officially Begins Today !

I hope it won't happen this year, but if it happen then people should prepare quickly to leaves ASAP.

I pray for all people to safe and sound when the hurrcaines are over.

Hurriance ain't fun and desprate unwanted leaving their homes due may have precouisly values...

Espically sick of House insurance can may file bankurput and ain't going pay you back.. Alikely related Katrina Hurriance impact hit huge ones destory the New Orleans.. and other state.. I forgot..
Sadly..

Hopefully not C5 or 6 Prefer C1 simple light blow.. instead 5

GalaxyAngel said:
Hurriance ain't fun and desprate unwanted leaving their homes due may have precouisly values...

Espically sick of House insurance can may file bankurput and ain't going pay you back.. Alikely related Katrina Hurriance impact hit huge ones destory the New Orleans.. and other state.. I forgot..
Sadly..

Hopefully not C5 or 6 Prefer C1 simple light blow.. instead 5

:werd:

I didn't know Insurance companies can file bankrupcy. I thought they were like banks, they keep all your money in some deposit box. :dunno:

FelixKat930 said:
:eek: Jeremy and I wanted to go to Mytrle Beach, SC for our honeymoon in October 2007. Is it still safe to go?? :scatter:

Probably, not always but Hurricane Hugo already hit Charleston, SC and total hurricane damage is $10 billion (in 1989 dollars), or more than that but used #1 most expensive hurricane until 1992 then Hurricane Andrew took it.

Very difficult to predict or determine anything in SC area....

Just a suggestion: IF I were you, I would feel bit more comfortable
to go there with a high top conversion van just in case of
emergency (just like these photos I just showed u earlier above)

FreedummyRing said:
I didn't know Insurance companies can file bankrupcy. I thought they were like banks, they keep all your money in some deposit box. :dunno:
After Hugo, many small insurance companies went bankrupt.

Y said:
Very difficult to predict or determine anything in SC area....

Just a suggestion: IF I were you, I would feel bit more comfortable
to go there with a high top conversion van just in case of
emergency (just like these photos I just showed u earlier above)
It wouldn't fit in our garage. :D

Hubby has a full-size van (non-high top) for his business. The only way it fits in our garage was for him to remove some of the garage door facia board and trim, and re-install it smaller and higher. Even now, if he doesn't fill the gas tank first, the roof of the van scrapes the door opening when he pulls in.

Deaf Images said:
I notice most houses in Florida use concrete blocks...as bricks or frame can be easily blown away.... :whistle:

That reminds me of a story about a wolf blow away the houses.

Pigs.jpg

Since Hugo, new houses are built with storm straps for the roofs, so they are safer now. Also, beach-front houses are required to built raised up, like on "stilts". The ground level is used for under-house parking, or storage.

Reba said:
It wouldn't fit in our garage. :D

Hubby has a full-size van (non-high top) for his business. The only way it fits in our garage was for him to remove some of the garage door facia board and trim, and re-install it smaller and higher. Even now, if he doesn't fill the gas tank first, the roof of the van scrapes the door opening when he pulls in.

interesting I actually haven't thought about this...

Hey, this should be on the future home building plans
that garage door should be much higher for
these high-top conversion van and/or
build another garage designed for this van size

Reba said:
Since Hugo, new houses are built with storm straps for the roofs, so they are safer now. Also, beach-front houses are required to built raised up, like on "stilts". The ground level is used for under-house parking, or storage.

Yep. I live in a mobile home, and we are required to have tie downs. Also, more stilt houses are being built now. It's only a matter of time before all of the mobile homes in the FL Keys will be replaced by stilt homes. IMHO, this isn't going to do much to prevent the high cost of damage by requiring more stilt homes to be built. You prevent flood damage by building a stilt, but then, the home is nailed by the wind.

Oceanbreeze said:
Yep. I live in a mobile home, and we are required to have tie downs. Also, more stilt houses are being built now. It's only a matter of time before all of the mobile homes in the FL Keys will be replaced by stilt homes. IMHO, this isn't going to do much to prevent the high cost of damage by requiring more stilt homes to be built. You prevent flood damage by building a stilt, but then, the home is nailed by the wind.

Is it right?
bay-stilt-house.jpg

Yea... Hugo is bad, used #1 most expensive hurricane until 1992

TrippLA said:
Is it right?
bay-stilt-house.jpg

Yea... Hugo is bad, used #1 most expensive hurricane until 1992

That looks right, yes.

Btw, I believe Katrina is now the most expensive hurricane to hit the US.

:rofl: Give me the snow and cold any day! You poor people, if you don't like hurricane's, why not move to where they're not?(softly singing 'there's a tear in my beer') :D

pek1 said:
:rofl: Give me the snow and cold any day! You poor people, if you don't like hurricane's, why not move to where they're not?(softly singing 'there's a tear in my beer') :D
Is there room for all coastal residents to move into your neighborhood?

Personally, I prefer taking a rare chance with a hurricane over day after day, month after month, year after year of cold and snow. :D

Reba said:

Personally, I prefer taking a rare chance with a hurricane over day after day, month after month, year after year of cold and snow. :D

Same here. I grew up mostly in the midwest, and always hated it. I really hated the cold and the snow. I've lived in Florida, and loved it.

I'd rather take my chances with a hurriance than with a tornado.

With hurriance you get warning like a week or more before it is supposed to hit. You can pack up and leave. But with twisters...you only get like 30 secs to get your ass to the basement (if you have one)or cellar or to get to middle of house like a closet. That is a lot more scarier.

Reba said:

We have a lot of Californ-I-A nuts here with all their traffic problems and gangs, and I thought we were sending them elsewhere.

I don't know if there's room, as some woman with "Lousyana" plates was honking her horn at me trying to leave a school parking lot. :roll: I gave her plenty of room . . . typical, so typical . . . give 'em a ton of money, they move in and think they can honk their way around. Whatever happened to their "southern hospitality" sure didn't come here. :roll: :rofl:

"Day after day and month after month, year after year of cold and snow . . ." where? You're in SC, I have yet to hear about that dixieland state getting anything even close in resemblance to snow. :ugh3: See, I've been looking, still don't see any! :ugh3: Nope, still don't.

Reba said:

Back