How to say Hi to a girl without seeming like a creep?

*sigh* I can't believe I'm responding to this, so here it is.

Talk to her! If you feel stupid, you probably are! :lol: Really, there are no magic one liners (but you better be clever when you know us), just have a conversation. If we're not interested, let us know why you approached us to begin with- or get lost. Not all women will warm up to you, find your type. Btw, my eyes are UP HERE! Not at our cleavage, man up, ego trippin' is a turn off. Got the hint?

Its not that Im stupid, far from it. Pretty much all girlfriends Ive had, either I met them at work, or they approached me. So Im not really a "smooth talker". And LOL. why wear shirts that show cleavage if women dont want attention there? Its like a trick question on a test. Do the girls need to breathe or what? lol

Here's an example. I saw this girl wearing a belly button piercing and I said to her, "Do you keep your car keys hanging in there?" She laughed and we hit it off.

Another example, I met this girl at a party and I asked what she does for a living and she says she's a teacher and wants to create leaders. And I say, I happen to be a leader. She does :giggle: and says, Nah I'm a leader! and then I say, "Pfff you're a follower I'm a leader!" and this goes on more :giggle: Her friend comes by and she says, "I love this guy!"

So I'm not advocating some kind of creep approach here, just funny and teasing!

I see.... sounds like not my type of crowd.

Its not that Im stupid, far from it. Pretty much all girlfriends Ive had, either I met them at work, or they approached me. So Im not really a "smooth talker". And LOL. why wear shirts that show cleavage if women dont want attention there? Its like a trick question on a test. Do the girls need to breathe or what? lol

oic.... so what's the problem then since they approach you anyway? :lol:

In a store. Park. Restaurant. Wherever. Advice please.

Start with the hi then follow up by finding something nice about her and ask about it jewelry, hair, clothes, whatever she is buying, etc everything has a story behind it. You have to ask specific questions to get specific answers.
Don't just say, "Want to go out sometime" and expect women to fall at your feet. Before you leave, ask her for an email or text number. Don't just ask for a phone number because the phone might not have text messaging.

Start with the hi then follow up by finding something nice about her and ask about it jewelry, hair, clothes, whatever she is buying, etc everything has a story behind it. You have to ask specific questions to get specific answers.
Don't just say, "Want to go out sometime" and expect women to fall at your feet. Before you leave, ask her for an email or text number. Don't just ask for a phone number because the phone might not have text messaging.

Asking her a question about her jewelry, hair, or clothes and getting a story behind it?

btw - txt # is the same as phone number.... when I ask a girl for phone #, I simply ask if she can txt thru it. very simple. works all the time just fine.

I concur. The first two lines cannot be, "I think you are pretty. Can I have your phone number?" The guy has to show a real interest in the woman by striking up a conversation that has thought-provoking questions, not lame ones.

It is good to use ice breaking strategies.

Asking her a question about her jewelry, hair, or clothes and getting a story behind it? I can see how a woman can easily mistaken you as a gay man :lol:

btw - txt # is the same as phone number.... when I ask a girl for phone #, I simply ask if she can txt thru it. very simple. works all the time just fine.

He was making the point that if one asks for one's phone number without asking if the phone has text messaging capabilities, then this assumption on his part will be erroneous. So for d/Deaf people, it is prudent to ask if the lady/gentleman can text on her/his phone.

I concur. The first two lines cannot be, "I think you are pretty. Can I have your phone number?" The guy has to show a real interest in the woman by striking up a conversation that has thought-provoking questions, not lame ones.

It is good to use ice breaking strategies.

indeed! I can guarantee you that it works all the time :thumb:

I would just go with a Hi and a smile. Don't say hi while looking anywhere but at her face. Don't say hi after you've been following her around a store or something for half an hour. Don't say hi while standing in the bushes outside her window......you know, things of that nature.

Don't forget to add "Don't say Hi with a smile if you still have spinach stuck in between your teeth"

oic.... so what's the problem then since they approach you anyway? :lol:

Because not all of them do. I want to be able to approach a woman I dont know. Reading skme good advice so far.

Most women likes assertive/Humorous Gentlemen. (MOST, i say. but of course not everybody enjoys the same cup of tea.) I find it attractive when a man can approach me with confidence and is able to talk about anything. Versatile with Subjects. It is helpful when you drop in some cheesy hook line. Because even if the girl is not interested, she can laugh. It would be less awkward for everybody.

so.
1. Cheesy lines ( not too cheesy though)
2. Ask about night/day.
3. Be open minded.
4. Ask questions. (just enough to make new subjects to talk about)

I wish you the best of the lucks .

Don't forget to add "Don't say Hi with a smile if you still have spinach stuck in between your teeth"

Now see that's more embarrassing than creepy. Now if it was say... like a peice of animal skin with the hair still on it....that would be creepy. way creepy :D

So, how is it working out for you now that you have heard our advices? :D Hope it's good.

Most women likes assertive/Humorous Gentlemen. (MOST, i say. but of course not everybody enjoys the same cup of tea.) I find it attractive when a man can approach me with confidence and is able to talk about anything.

So what's a nice girl like you doing in a forum like this? :D

Getting my socialization dosage for the day? ;P

Just trying to help some people find the solution to the problems.

Best advice on girls that no man seems to understand and every man ought to:

Big smile WHILE LOOKING AT HER EYES.

And not that smile like when you smell bacon and haven't eaten for 3 days. That's creepy. And don't underestimate your chances with that perfect 10 you're sure you're not worthy of. Amazing women intimidate most, quite nearly all, men. She'll probably be pleasantly surprised by your confidence, if she asks a snappy question, just answer honestly. If you give her a genuine smile and remind yourself to be interested in her the person rather than her (insert mouth watering attribute), and she doesn't at least flash you a smile back, be thankful she didn't waste any more of your time. A girl like that is simply not worthy of a well-intentioned guy.

Best advice on girls that no man seems to understand and every man ought to:

Big smile WHILE LOOKING AT HER EYES.

And not that smile like when you smell bacon and haven't eaten for 3 days. That's creepy. And don't underestimate your chances with that perfect 10 you're sure you're not worthy of. Amazing women intimidate most, quite nearly all, men. She'll probably be pleasantly surprised by your confidence, if she asks a snappy question, just answer honestly. If you give her a genuine smile and remind yourself to be interested in her the person rather than her (insert mouth watering attribute), and she doesn't at least flash you a smile back, be thankful she didn't waste any more of your time. A girl like that is simply not worthy of a well-intentioned guy.

All good advice!!
I once worked with a guy that when I was talking to him he would look me up and down like I was the bacon...I was always tempted to tell him, dude!! I'm deaf, not blind I can see what you're doing and it is so not subtle.

I also like the advice about approaching a girl that you might think is "out of your league".

@Ambrosia

Seriously! (about bacon slobber). I'm hearing, but my great-aunt is deaf, and she has really had a HUGE impact on me, and some other friends growing up were deaf, so I've often been that hearing friend watching the other hearing people act like complete idiots. I don't think THIS sort of advice is deaf/hearing specific, though. Well, except for that dude who was just stupid.

Honestly? That's sort of a great example. Deaf, hearing impaired, whatever, most people just want to be treated like a human being. Secret to life: remember the human. That hottie you've been eyeing is just a human who happens to be crazy attractive. Much like you're a human who's just crazy. :P

i must be old fashioned or behind times but what the matter with good old fashion hi

:lol:
an easy way, pretend you have a grand mal in the middle of a busy pub but you'd have to keep your eyes shut for a while...but be prepared if the wrong one come to your rescue LOL

Last edited:
Man-Is your surname Gillette?

woman- 'no' why?

Man- Because you're the best a man can get!

Back