How to say Hi to a girl without seeming like a creep?

Chuck

Reaction score
In a store. Park. Restaurant. Wherever. Advice please.

Pick a place that you're likely to visit more than once.

People don't ask their classmates for a date after first class, do they? It take time, you know.

Sometimes youll never see the female again so... Id rather take a chance than regret it.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

drphil said:
There is the "old fashioned" way-have you Mother around.

Ummm younger woman (>35) would find a guy hanging out with his mum while looking for a date really creepy - massive "warning bells".

Maybe that was the style in the 50s or 60s ... But it's the opposite of helpful today.

Maybe you should tell us what you normally do and the reactions you have gotten? I'm guessing you must have accidentally freaked someone out. :)

I would just go with a Hi and a smile. Don't say hi while looking anywhere but at her face. Don't say hi after you've been following her around a store or something for half an hour. Don't say hi while standing in the bushes outside her window......you know, things of that nature.

Go to a strip bar. You can say hi to all the girls. If they ignore you just wave a $$

I would just go with a Hi and a smile. Don't say hi while looking anywhere but at her face. Don't say hi after you've been following her around a store or something for half an hour. Don't say hi while standing in the bushes outside her window......you know, things of that nature.

:laugh2:

*sigh* I can't believe I'm responding to this, so here it is.

Talk to her! If you feel stupid, you probably are! :lol: Really, there are no magic one liners (but you better be clever when you know us), just have a conversation. If we're not interested, let us know why you approached us to begin with- or get lost. Not all women will warm up to you, find your type. Btw, my eyes are UP HERE! Not at our cleavage, man up, ego trippin' is a turn off. Got the hint?

I take objection to the "say hi" advice... if it was only that easy there would be no need for a thread like this. You gotta do more than that to get a conversation going such as ask them an interesting question, make a funny comment about their dress, etc...

I take objection to the "say hi" advice... if it was only that easy there would be no need for a thread like this.
it's because some people over-analyze it too much and they easily overlook such a simplest way to meet a person that works most of time.

You gotta do more than that to get a conversation going such as ask them an interesting question, make a funny comment about their dress, etc...
creepy........ very creepy...... :io:

it's very simple. if I say hi to a girl and the convo's going dry and awkward very fast... it's most likely there's no chemistry and/or compatibility between us. so you move on and say hi to another girl and another one and another one until the convo flows very naturally and effortlessly. don't need no punchlines, tricks, or moves. then you just found a right one to date :)

Chuck, you are church goer so you should talk to a lady (not a girl) who attends the same church. It doesn't hurt to walk up and say hello and get to know her. Your body language when you say hi for the first time is very important! :)

creepy........ very creepy...... :io:

Here's an example. I saw this girl wearing a belly button piercing and I said to her, "Do you keep your car keys hanging in there?" She laughed and we hit it off.

Another example, I met this girl at a party and I asked what she does for a living and she says she's a teacher and wants to create leaders. And I say, I happen to be a leader. She does :giggle: and says, Nah I'm a leader! and then I say, "Pfff you're a follower I'm a leader!" and this goes on more :giggle: Her friend comes by and she says, "I love this guy!"

So I'm not advocating some kind of creep approach here, just funny and teasing!

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Ummm younger woman (>35) would find a guy hanging out with his mum while looking for a date really creepy - massive "warning bells".

Maybe that was the style in the 50s or 60s ... But it's the opposite of helpful today.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfOoMlojtbo]How to Date 1950s (Instructional Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Back