How to live without cell phones.

It appear to be that major of people are pro-cell phones and refuse to brainstorm for other people who don't want cell phones or cannot afford cell phone bills.

There are many back up solutions if cell phones aren't working anymore. Like for instance The hurricane hit southeast coast of the US. The signal towers won't work at all therefore CELL PHONES are no good at all for weeks! HOWEVER, spareone will work.

But instead, all of you kept saying off the points like how I'll contact my family or so blah blah. That's not even close from what I'm asking from my first post..

EDIT:

If you are pro-cell phone aka can't live without cell phones and refuse to brainstorm. Please leave this topic. You aren't helping much at all.

Last edited:
In my opinion, from what I have read, the Spareone is not deaf friendly. The only thing that is deaf friendly that I can think of is texting.

However, you can give it a try with the recording to test it. If it works, you got a solution. If it doesn't, return the product and get your money back.

My suggestion is to let your family know that you will be using the SpareOne and that they could get a call with a recording from you so that way they can be aware and not think it is a scam.

Like I said in first comment. Voice recorder with spareone. Will that work or they won't come to me and thinking it is.. scam?

I don't know how anyone will react to being contacted via this method. But remember that the recorder also needs power; probably by keeping batteries charged or changed.

It appear to be that major of people are pro-cell phones and refuse to brainstorm for other people who don't want cell phones or cannot afford cell phone bills.

There are many back up solutions if cell phones aren't working anymore. Like for instance The hurricane hit southeast coast of the US. The signal towers won't work at all therefore CELL PHONES are no good at all for weeks! HOWEVER, spareone will work.
We did go thru a very destructive hurricane and most land-line phones worked fine. Of course, land line phones are only useful at home. They aren't mobile.

If you are pro-cell phone aka can't live without cell phones and refuse to brainstorm. Please leave this topic. You aren't helping much at all.
It all depends on your lifestyle. If you don't need to keep in touch with family members, you're not job hunting, you don't have a job that requires staying in touch, and you don't worry about car problems, accidents or sudden illnesses, then you don't need a mobile phone.

I'm a minimal user of my cell phone but the few times I've used it it's been important. I've had car problems on lonely stretches of interstate, or been running late for an appointment, or had assignments cancelled. The most critical mobile call we got was when Hubby and I were headed for a memorial service out of town. We got a call from our daughter that our son-in-law was in a serious accident at work. Could we meet her at the hospital? If we didn't have our cell phone we would have never gotten to the hospital until many hours later. Instead, we were only minutes away. Also, at the time our daughter got the call from her husband's work, she was on her way out-of-town. She got the call in time to be at the hospital so she could see him right before he went into surgery.

I grew up without cell phones, so yes, it can be done. However, in "the olden days" there were more pay phones available, people normally carried change with them, and people were more willing to make calls for each other. The times are a-changin'.

My Hubby could in no way conduct his business with a cell phone. We tried it the first year he had the business (years ago), and he lost many opportunities and good will with his customers. We first went to a pager (big improvement), then eventually to a cell phone (astounding improvement).

Maybe the reason people have trouble relating to your request is that they have a different life style frame of reference. Maybe you should post your query at a survivalist forum.

In my opinion, from what I have read, the Spareone is not deaf friendly. The only thing that is deaf friendly that I can think of is texting.

However, you can give it a try with the recording to test it. If it works, you got a solution. If it doesn't, return the product and get your money back.

My suggestion is to let your family know that you will be using the SpareOne and that they could get a call with a recording from you so that way they can be aware and not think it is a scam.
Good suggestion.

My last phone isn't functionally well anymore. Spareone is better because the battery life can last up to 15 years. So I don't have to worry about recharging my "cell phone" every other day just in case of emergency. I can leave my spareone phone in my car truck until I need to use it.

Such an advertised battery life is always always always exaggerated. and ANY survivalist will tell you that ANYTHING where you just "chuck" it and "fuggedaboutit" for up to 15 years will NEVER EVER WORK. GUARANTEED.

the only device that would work for up to 15 years is mostly non-electrical device or (almost unheard of) a device where you charge it by winding it.

SO GET SPAREONE THEN! :roll:

so are you going to be in a god-fearing disaster zone? FYI - cellphone worked fine during 9/11, Hurricane Sandy, and dozens of hurricanes, earthquake, and thousands more. Yes there were some busy signal but irregardless.... it still works.

This is America.... we have redundancies. we even have a mobile cell tower (a truck that can raise up a cell tower) in case the area has a very large dead spot.

But instead, all of you kept saying off the points like how I'll contact my family or so blah blah. That's not even close from what I'm asking from my first post..

EDIT:

we're pro-practical solution. bunch of us can live without cellphones but you're just not being practical. here's another question for you - and will your tape recorder work up to 15 years? there you go. see? impractical solution. you require 2 devices for an emergency situation. that's bad. therefore.... we're telling you the most cheapest and simplest solution - a simple cellphone with Pay As You Go plan. it will work just about anywhere, anytime. all you have to do is charge it regularly like once a week.

and what if there is a much better device 5 years later that is probably embedded in your watch?

but since you're so hard-on on "pro-spareone".... SO GET ONE THEN!!! :roll:

I would like to stop using my cell phones. I only use unlimited text on my dumb phone. I noticed that I didn't use it at all because I'm not in college anymore. I used it to communicate with other students to work on assignments and to meet somewhere for group projects.

But now, I would love to save my money by not using my cell phone anymore. However there is safety concern like texting my parents if something will happen to me.

let's say if I buy this product from this website.
SpareOne

Also buy umm what do you call it? voice recorder?

Then if something will happen to me like car break down in middle of nowhere. Then I can dial 911 and use voice recorder to speak that, "I'm speaking for deaf person who can't hear you and please come to this emergency phone (GPS) location to meet him in person to resolve his emergency situation."

This message will repeat at least like 5 times. Then I'll hang up.

Then wait until police come.

Will that work?

---------------------
Emergency phone and voice recorder - at least 110 dollars for probably 15 yrs
Smart phone w/ internet data - 9,000 dollars for 15 years (that's why I don't want cell phone for... emergency?)
The best answer you can find is to contact SpareOne's customer service by email, fax or phone. "I am deaf so how do I use this product?"

Contact

BTW, it got alot of awards (even one from CES, famous electronic organization) so it's not a scam.

I wonder if there is a company some where that provides a similar product but includes texting?

I wonder if there is a company some where that provides a similar product but includes texting?
DeafTechNews, the deaf website about technologies, deaf products, etc might know more since it is usually the first one to know about new products that are deaf-friendly.

Altho we never had them years ago. I could never not have one now.

Not able to hear on a phone, text, FaceTime and Skype are a life saver for me especially when I'm away from home etc.

I do want my monthly contract to go down and I do plan on keeping my iPhone 4S for 4 to 5 years before I upgrade. I'm not all for the latest phone, I just want to keep in contact with my family.

The most reliable source to communicate with my parents is via emails. Not text. If my parent will die, it isn't emergency.

Yes I'm trying to be creative but it turn out that people here are.. not helpful..

If you want to learn more about spareone. Here's the link.
SpareOne

Or close to death? I was away from home when my Dad texted me last year saying my Grandma was going to die within the next day or so. I left straight away from where I was staying and got on a train (train ride took 4.5 hours) to see my Grandma. I got there 8 hours before she died. I would of hated to not be there. Yes I was v close to her!

yes I already knew that but it's like a metaphorical example.
Cz0za76.gif

EDIT:

Can't afford cellphone bill is inexcusable.

Stop spend money on restaurant, fast food, movie, etc.

That proves that you are still kissing his ass. You :bowdown: to him all the times. Learn to break free from him.

What's wishful thinking.

Jiro and I didn't talk very often, but you will be stalked eventually. :aw:

Back