how old you when you become deaf or hearing loss

spainmale

Reaction score
i had high fever and german that was how i became deaf since birth.. what about you guys??

I was born deaf due Rubella.

My mother got German measles when she was 3 months pregnant with me. My parents found out I´m deaf when I was 1 year old.

I was born deaf for unknown reasons. I suspect genes had a role in it since my brother was born deaf too. My deafness was discovered when I was 7 months old.

son HOH since birth-

My son was born HOH. It is very hereditary in his fathers family..... My son failed his hearing test at birth.... so we knew then, he got his daddy's genes for that...... He has had hearing aids since he was 5 or 6 months old.... and (sad face) hardly wears them..... but he is only about 50% HOH

Born HoH, tested at 14 days old b/c have malformed outer ear on right side. got aids at old 2 years, Audios not sure if had enough hearing for aids, so am closer to deaf than my family wants to admit!

I got bad sick at 3 months old, but became deaf at 3 years old by high fever, started with "M"

My mother had German measles before I was born and she didn't find until I was 3 that I couldn't hear at all. I'm severely HOH.

I born deaf that got from German measles (sp) :)

Forgot to add that when I born deaf from German measles then later in 2 weeks later on the Christmas day found out I am deaf which my mom didnt know I was deaf as she thought I was hearing but not. She was kinda of upset but accept it and I wear old fashion FM System when I was 6 months old baby. :)

Hoh, due to genetics. I have no ear canals, no eardrums and the bones of my middle ear are fused together.

I've been deaf since birth. It was not recognized until I was around 6 months old or so. The reason was unknown and later on when I got older, I started working on my family tree research. It turns out that I had some deaf relatives. My great-great-great grandfather and a cousin are deaf. So, It is possible that the hereditary did play a part of me being deaf as well.

I born deaf due to Rubella. My parents found out that I am deaf when I was 2.

My hearing loss is genetic and I inherited it from my mother. I have a large deaf family with many deaf aunts, uncles, cousins and 3 deaf sisters. Even though I am h/h and wear hearing aids, I grew up in the deaf culture and went to a residential school for the deaf and Gally.

Back