How often do you share your drinks or food with elderly people?

Of course. Then I should probably just delete it altogether, then.

To help you I've taken out the unnecessary out of your sig:

Mark

You're welcome! :D

You have been hanging out online like Facebook with Botti and I plus anyone who are over 60 years old. We enjoyed seeing your pictures of your family and friends plus having a wonderful time whether you were at work or at home (mostly at home). I am 68, Shell90. :D :cool2:

:ty:

My mom is 60 years old and I love hanging out with her sometimes. I am 41 years old..soon 42 so I could hang out with people in their 60s just like I can hang out with people who are in their 20s. Just whenever I go to events, they aren't there...maybe 50 plus year olds.

Thank you Botts. Yes, I DO have limited resources myself sometimes, but I've been working on saving up enough food so I can afford to share some food when it's necessary to do so. In fact, I'm considering letting her have half of something I don't use that often, and I'll eat the other half.

If you have limited resources is would be best to more healthier drinks than sugary sodas . I hope you return the cans or bottles to get back your refund. When we had a huge snow storm last week MOW was not delivered on Friday and I tried calling COA and the city hall to find who was looking out for the seniors that had no one going to their houses . I also called the fire department on their non emergency # but they had no had who was checking up on elderly that lived alone. I DO NOT get MOW , I was calling because I was concerned about people having no hot meals during a major snow storm. I am an elderly person and I share my food with my dog.

It's also a good way to check on the wellness of their clients on a regular basis. Some elderly get very little human contact.

MOW was started for that reason , to check on people that lived alone . I had a client that became blind and she lived alone . She only saw her health aide and MOW person . My client told me just having a person sit and talk to for 5 minutes was nice. I saw her for 2 hours on weekends. She lived in her own house and the lawn was not getting cut and it looked like no one living there. I was very worried someone try to break her house so I made some phone calls to see if someone could cut her grass for free. No one would help. :( I would work on Christmas so I could check up on my clients and other health aide clients that took off the day. I made cookies for my clients and gave them as a gift .

I might be more willing to give kids a share of my food than an elderly person. But again, I would most likely go buy them a meal for themselves than give them of mine.

I might be more willing to give kids a share of my food than an elderly person. But again, I would most likely go buy them a meal for themselves than give them of mine.

Either one is considered a kind act, and should make you feel good about what you're doing.

Back