How much is my used computer worth?

Alex said:
I know this isn't the right forum to post in, and I will move it to the appropriate forum after I get enough replies, but for now I would like some opinions if you don't mind.

For the last couple of weeks I've been thinking of selling my Dell Dimension 8200 computer since I will be needing a much faster computer. This computer is in great condition, I bought it brand new directly from Dell about 2 years ago, and the general specs are:

- Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz processor
- 256 RDRAM memory
- 60 GB disk space
- CD/CD-RW (seperated slots)
- Floppy Drive (third slot)
- 250 Internal Zip Drive (fourth slot)
- nVidia video card
- Harman/Kardon Sorround Speakers w/ Subwoofer
- Windows XP Professional
- 19" CRT Monitor
- Keyboard/MS Optical Mouse

How much is my computer worth? If there's a website where I can get my computer's value, please post it here. Thanks.

Picture:
mycomp_01.jpg

I thought, you are going to give your computer away to me. I have been wait for you two years now. :cry:

I wonder the same..
I wonder if he already trade his with Marlon's since he retired being hack skillz..

:rofl:

hehe

DoofusMama said:
I wonder the same..
I wonder if he already trade his with Marlon's since he retired being hack skillz..

:rofl:

hehe

I think, Alex gives it away to Bobbi. He is afraid of her knife.

You can check it out on http://www.dealtree.com/ they do take a recycle computers on factored like Compaq, Dell, Gateway.. No Custom computer.. You can try check their website see what's your value is if you have all books cds that go with the computer it'll be more than with no books and cds. I sold my old cellphone and i got 65 dollars for it. They send you $$ to PAYPAL account as you sign up for free on www.paypal.com which is safe way send and recieve money and you then you can request for a check from paypal.

how much is my computer worth??

my first time so i cant post it anywhere else. but im trying to sell my computer but dont know how much it is worth here is some info bout my PC!

intel procssor 2.66 dual core
2 gigs of memory
256gigs harddrive
128mb videocard im not sure about the brand:(
19inch flat screen monitor.. i bought the computer about year ago..
plz help tyy:))

According to Moore's law of technology.

Computer value plummets approximately 50% each year! Sometimes more sometimes less.

I don't bother selling computers.

I know this isn't the right forum to post in, and I will move it to the appropriate forum after I get enough replies, but for now I would like some opinions if you don't mind.

For the last couple of weeks I've been thinking of selling my Dell Dimension 8200 computer since I will be needing a much faster computer. This computer is in great condition, I bought it brand new directly from Dell about 2 years ago, and the general specs are:

- Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz processor
- 256 RDRAM memory
- 60 GB disk space
- CD/CD-RW (seperated slots)
- Floppy Drive (third slot)
- 250 Internal Zip Drive (fourth slot)
- nVidia video card
- Harman/Kardon Sorround Speakers w/ Subwoofer
- Windows XP Professional
- 19" CRT Monitor
- Keyboard/MS Optical Mouse

How much is my computer worth? If there's a website where I can get my computer's value, please post it here. Thanks.

Picture:
mycomp_01.jpg

wow old thread but I'll comment on it anyway. Alex - see that gold necklace on your PC? it's worth more than your whole PC combined... sorry to say, buddy. :cool2:

dang this is one old OLD necrobump.. but still right topic nonetheless..

my first time so i cant post it anywhere else. but im trying to sell my computer but dont know how much it is worth here is some info bout my PC!

intel procssor 2.66 dual core
2 gigs of memory
256gigs harddrive
128mb videocard im not sure about the brand:(
19inch flat screen monitor.. i bought the computer about year ago..
plz help tyy:))

if you want a real ballpark figure, needs more details. So far you just told me that you have a 2004 toyota camry, no mileage, no badge type, 16 inch unnamed alloy wheels, stock engine and a few misc details. Its not good enough unless you want us to make a guess off that!

If you're really serious you'll want a few more details like..
-Brand of the computer (if you bought it as a whole)
-CPU specifications (use a program like CPUZ: CPUID)
-Brand & model number of video card
-Memory timing and specifications (DDR2/DDR3? bus?)
-Brand and model # of monitor
-How long ago did you buy this? How much did you initially buy it for (if it was a bundle)?

Overall I'm going to guess randomly from lowest to highest in your spec range, depending, as used it would be no HIGHER than around $500~ depending on exactly what are your system components. This is a really vague figure. If you want to continue on feel free to revamp your specs. Value is dropping semi-annually, like diehardb says, Moore's law.

According to Moore's law of technology.

Computer value plummets approximately 50% each year! Sometimes more sometimes less.

I don't bother selling computers.

Yup, it's usually for PC but Mac is different.

Mac is more worth to sell since PC isn't.

$500????? Dude - you can buy a brand new mini-laptop for that much! To me - it's $100 at most.

Ok, he said no higher than $500, it seems make sense.

For me, it seems worth for less than $200.

$200? damn I wouldn't buy it.

100 DOLLA O-KAH!? :mad2:

Yea, I gave him $500 figure MAXIMUM incase he has stuff like:

-IPS/MVA/PVA type widescreen 19" lcd (high quality over standard TFT)
-some really overclockable HQ brand DDR3 ram, the ones running around $100 new per 2GB or so, but prices on DDR3 dropping like mad lately.
-Some mid-high line videocard like GF 7600GT/7400GS
-any additional accessories he hasn't listed in there like vista/xp licenses, peripherals

These four above alone would add around like +$150-200 used TO ME over the standard line stuff if he has things like that.

But it's really vague from his details, if it was just run of the line standard stuff, no extra things, then yes I'm seeing around $200 range.

If I were you, this would be worth $700 becuase these things can come in handy, the CRT monitor can be donated, blah and replace with nice LCD screen....and replace all these necessary items that requires replacement in the CPU but the box of the CPU would be greatly useful if you just upgrade these little parts to make it faster...otherwise for no other reason, unfortunately would be under the $300 range since it is second hand, you know what I mean. But what a gal said to donate to the third would countries would be an good option....

Alex,
If you bought this for 1,200 dollars back then

as soon as you bought it, the value plummet to 600 dollars, then the next year it plummets to $300 dollars, by third year, it plummet to $150 dollars, now you get the idea.

Why plummet so fast? Simple put, computer technologies doubles its power/capacity every 18 months, why would I want buy something that has half of power than new one which could easily cost me 1,000 dollars?

I was planning to get computer that would be dedicated to Network server, and I could get it for measly 300 dollars brand new, why bother buy used?

If you wish to buy something that appreciates its value, then do what you have done in the past... buy real estate. (I know some areas house value drops up to 20%, they are only temporary)

- Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz processor <---- not bad but still out of date.
- 256 RDRAM memory <----- still too low
- 60 GB disk space <----- too small
- 19" CRT Monitor <----- Hugh size of space & heavy weight..... most people rather to have LCD
- 250 Internal Zip Drive (fourth slot) <---- useless - no more made - hard to find Zip Drive

Most people will take your computer for less than $150.

Back