How many text messages do you use a month?

mobileboost

Reaction score
A few disclaimers. First off, I have deaf friends, but I'm hearing. I am not associated with this company. This company is new and willing to work to find the best deal for it's users. I think it was geared towards hearing able people until I came onto the scene. One of my friends is looking for a cheaper plan and he has a tough time finding good prices on cell phone carriers as many want to charge extra, because they of course usually bundle with voice minutes.

RingPlus Mobile

They are a Sprint MVNO or Sprint prepaid. they will have roaming in the future, but currently are Sprint native coverage only. I've been using their service for a while and I'm very happy with them. I'm currently on the 9.99/month plan (that includes taxes). There is not enough SMS messages in that yet (400/month). 35/unlimited, but we need an inbetween since not everyone needs 1.2 GB of data.

Here is what I posted to RingPlus to their customer support and their Facebook page.

"I have a marketing idea for you. Could you make a plan between the 9.99 and 35 dollar plan? Here is my idea. You have them have the same data as the 35 dollar plan which is a good amount for a month. But one has unlimited talk, and the same 400 texts and the other has unlimited texts and 400 talk.

I have friends who are deaf so they text a lot. I also have some friends who never text. The deaf community would certainly like plans around 15-20 dollars that allow unlimited texting.

It's just an idea so I thought I'd throw it your way"

"RingPlus Mobile We will put your idea in our Monday Roundtable Discussion..."

"RingPlus Mobile We had a great discussion and enthusiasm about this; the biggest question was how many texts is "average" in the deaf community over a given month? That kind of data isn't readily available but we'd love to know so we could structure the pricing as aggressively as possible."

So not only is this a great new start up company, but they are willing to work with the community to make it even better! I'm going to give the numbers to them and we will see where it goes from there. 15-20 dollars puts it in the middle of their current offered plans.

I can't guarantee anything great will come out of this, but since this conversation they're going to do a short promotional for a select amount of people that is 17.99 with unlimited text, voice, and 300MB data.

That is great, but let's get this even better and get a plan with very limited or no voice included. They only charge .02/min should you use it.

:ty:

So this is a BYOSD (Bring Your Own Sprint Device) It works with any phone that works with regular Sprint service plans. (no prepaid phones such as Boost Mobile or Virgin Mobile)

Last edited:
I use about 3500 or more texts a month. And use im, once in while email. Never use voice.

Around 2,000-2,500 texts a month and never used voice my data runs between 500mb average a month with the highest 2gb while on vacation. I connect to WIFI at home for updates and large downloads.

God I couldn't tell you, but being deaf..... Oh dear god.... I probably use well over 5000. :ugh: I talk a lot.... :ugh: :laugh2: 5000 is still probably under what I really use.... :laugh2: but I don't call, so meh. :dunno:

Probably around 6000 texts, 500 mins on phone, and 6GB data. I am currently under Verizon who has a better reach when I travel, no plans to switch anytime soon though!

Probably around 6000 texts, 500 mins on phone, and 6GB data. I am currently under Verizon who has a better reach when I travel, no plans to switch anytime soon though!

Verizon is the Devil! :devil: :laugh2:

I do feel better knowing I'm not the only obsessive texter..... :laugh2:

I'm under Verizon too and it's the only one that has good coverage where my relative lives in another state but good thing I'm only paying $50 a month with everything unlimited. :)

I love my T-Mobile service. I pay $40 a month for unlimited everything ( except minutes on the phone because I'm deaf and can't friggin talk on it! ) So I have 500 minutes. :roll: You know, in case I ever get a wild hair in my butt to call someone and talk to myself as they listen? :laugh2: I can opt to pay $20 more a month and upgrade my phone every 6 months ( Which I'm kind of thinking about ) I like the Sony Xperia they have.... sexy phone! :D

I suppose if I wore my C.I. and put some effort into it I could use the phone..... but what can I say, I don't want to! :D I hate talking on the phone!

I recently got Samsung Note 3... awesome!

Do they have an HDMI connector? I'm still on my trusty Droid RAZR MAXX for that reason.

Yup, you can use HDMI connector to your HDTV and use your bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

Do they have an HDMI connector? I'm still on my trusty Droid RAZR MAXX for that reason.

It sure does! Also, it's waterproof for up to 30 minutes! So you can shoot movies and photos under water, or talk on the phone in the shower!!! No clue why I'd want to do either one of those, but it's nice to have the option! :laugh2:

SonyXperiaZ.jpg

The Note is too big for me, you can't fit it in your pocket.... comfortably..... it's HUGE! Like a mini tablet or some crap....

Fits fine in front pocket as long as I'm standing or walking, but not for sitting down not comfortable of course. I'm on my feet most of the day at work. It hasn't been issue for me. I don't have tablet but I have laptop to use when I travel. Not sure if I ever need tablet or not. :)

The Note is too big for me, you can't fit it in your pocket.... comfortably..... it's HUGE! Like a mini tablet or some crap....

It sure does! Also, it's waterproof for up to 30 minutes! So you can shoot movies and photos under water, or talk on the phone in the shower!!! No clue why I'd want to do either one of those, but it's nice to have the option! :laugh2:

SonyXperiaZ.jpg

In the shower?! I like! ;) ;)

Back