How many pets do you have?

Frostywolf, Thanks, thats awesome, never seen one before. I am going to google for one to see if they do sell them in UK (very much doubt it) Boris would love it, he likes sitting with his head against the window, he's too little to sit like that for long drive, Booster would be perfect.

Just about 10 fish and 55 gallons tank! :D

I had a 25 gallon tank with 10 fish but....7 of them died in the windstorm, the other 3 died later from depression.

Once I move to the big city--I probably will start the aquarium again....

We just added "Train" to our family. Train is an almost 8 week old pug. Brayden named him. When asked what we should we call the new pup, Train was the sign he did. When asked if maybe we should call him Bug, or Tobe, he said "NO! Train!"... so we now have a Train. Will post pictures soon!

plus one more ... Don't Laugh ...

K, I have a new Heinz 57 mutt. Her name is Sugarfoot and I picked her up Saturday. So far I have called her: "Mini Me or Sugga (with a southern drawl).

Sugarfoot is a three legged Jack Russell/Terrier mix less than 2 years old. Sugarfoot is either the ugliest dog in Florida or the funnyest looking dog on the planet. She is all head. She has ears like Yoda or a Gremlin.

She has her bed, a Frizz Bee with a wash cloth inside for padding. Her bed in the family room was created by folding over a fleece horse leg wrap four times and placed inside an empty stationary box.

Our smallest dog Pee Wee, well, Sugarfoot walks underneath her.

When Sugarfoot is in our home she pulls herself along with her two good front paws, scraping her belly along the carpet. She may need to scratch. She is SOL if she has an itch on her right rear area. She spins around in circles to scratch, dragging her bottom. Sugarfoot gets along OK on three legs, until she hits tall grass, then it's a riot.

OK, now its OK to laugh!

Sugarfoot has been eating her food fine and drinks her water out of a saucer plate, normally used to have a coffee cup on top. I mean this mutt is tiny!

We will get Sugarfoot to our Vet a day this week and schedule an appointment to have her fixed. So far our other three mutts don't bother Sugarfoot. I'm confident they do not view her as a threat, probably more of a joke.

Sugarfoot will make a great peg legged Pirate dog in costume, although she looks more like a catepillar than a Pirate.

So far, Sugarfoot is a very loving, friendly lap dog. Hope she doesn't fall inside my pocket. :giggle:

I'll take real good care of her, I love her, I don't know why, but she is one funny looking dog.

As soon as I can, I'll post photos. Then y'all can laugh some more, why not, we do, this mutt is a riot! smile

I have a dog, Welsh cardigan Corgi named Travis but he's living with my parents. My parents won't let me have my dog live with me, instead he lives with them on 12 acre of land. He's about 12 years old...I had him since 3rd grade but it's my third year without my dog living with me. :(

Re:Pets

We just have one dog (Jessie) and 7 fish right now, but have had upto 3 dogs ata time, fostered many others, and had a variety of other critters from hermit crabs, anoles, newts, frogs, turtles, gerbils (well-trained!), hamster, mouse, bred Corydoras catfish, tanks of livebearers, convicts etc.

Four dogs live with me. Old pug, Maui, she is about 15 yrs old. Mixed Pom/Papillon name Boo. He named himself. He is about 4. Very pretty! Then, Bitsy, she is ?? years old, she was a gift. She is a full CKC pom. Pretty! Last there is Holly. She is about 1. She is my "alarm" dog. She wakes me, and lets me know if there is a visitor. She is maybe a chow/shepherd mix. She is like a red shepherd with dropped ears. Sweet lady dog.
I have seen news that people give up dogs or pets for economy. I hope that would never happen. They are my friends, like my kids, but like me more. : )

I have a 11yo dog (Australian Shepherd-Border Collie mix) named Jake. Have had him since he was a pup, when I was 11 years old. Man, how time flies! Hard to believe that I may have him for only a few more years, though he looks and acts FANTASTIC for his age. No arthritis, hardly any age shows on his face (that is, no white shading, though sometimes I wonder if he looks little grizzled on his face)

I also have 3 cats, all girls.

Willow is the 8yo (in a couple of weeks) Dilute Tortoiseshell longhair. Skittish and neurotic, and prefers to be left alone, but when she's feeling good, she's such a sweetie. She's a good guard cat, too.

Buffy is the 6yo black shorthair, who was orphaned at 4 weeks and came to us the day after her mom and litter died. Willow, being neurotic and horrible, hated her at first, as she hates all cats, but within only a week, she realized how defenseless Buffy was. And so the saga began, where Willow took Buffy under her wing and became her surrogate mother for the next 8 months. Then she weaned Buffy and all hell broke loose. Buffy's still pissed, lol. But Willow mellowed out CONSIDERABLY because of raising Buffy (and from actually having a feline friend to feel safe with).

Molly is nearly 4 years old, a black & white shorthair. She was found stuck in a tree, where she'd been for at least 5 hours, and my sister helped her down and eventually took her home (as, after pooping and peeing, the kitty kept running in every direction, as if she couldn't figure out which way to go). We put up posters, but nobody ever called, and after 2 months, the parents eventually caved in the pressure to keep her (mostly because of the agreement that when I leave, all the animals are coming with me). She was about 4 1/2-5 months old, by my estimation. Molly's my little Heart Cat, she's completely devoted to me and doesn't much care for anyone else in the family. In fact, she's a little skittish and takes off running when anyone walks straight towards her (when we found her, her whiskers were cut half off, and with her behaviour, I wonder how she was treated by whoever first owned her). She's shy and timid, but bring out food and watch out! This girl has quite a set of lungs, probably helped by her considerable bulk (she's a hefty 11lbs, maybe more, while Buffy and Willow are 7lbs and 8lbs). If you're doing something to her that she doesn't want, such as nail clipping (she's almost always excellent with that, but once in a while she wants nothing to do with it), she gives this deep bellow-shriek that never fails to shock us. But yeah, she's a little love-bug and would probably die if we were separated, lol.

I also have several fish tanks, a recent (like a year and a half old, lol) obsession. Lets see, I've got 3 smaller tanks (two 5gals and one 3gal) for Betta fish, a 10gal for a Betta fish and the African Dwarf Frogs, a 20gal for the Betta Sorority, and a 60gal for the rest of the "normal" fish, lol. I've got my eye on a 125gal that will find it's way into my flock within the next year, lol. It's going to be for Clown Loaches! Weeeeeee!

2 siamese kittens, both boys both are 9 weeks old and i want an Irish Wolfhound in future

Jack Daniels is the perfect name for that dog of yours!

I like the pictures of Nutmeg, Paprika :lol:, and munchkin.

Do you know much about aquariums in terms of heating, and air filtration during black-outs? I would like to be better prepared next time.

gets those computer equipment UPS, which stands for Uninterrupted Power Supply, its a like a temporary circuit breaker , back up power supply. you put it in between your mains the the computers (the idea is to save everything have time to do some computer for about 2 -4 hours depending on the quality of gear you get),
also since it doesnt discriminate what you are powering, it would be an ideal solution for back up device for your fish tanks !!
cheers

Last edited:
I have zero pets. I would love to have a cat or a dog...whenever I have a place of my own in the future.

Ugh? Do you have any stuff animals that you have at home?

Yeah, but I prefer real. I have the little TY animals in the boxes somewhere because this place isn't really permanent place to live.

We have two cats... Flurry-- (who has taken up w/Adam) is the deaf solid white cat that just came back home from a 3 week long stint in the neigbhorhood...
and Stormy... she's 11 and a Russian Blue...

Chrissy was my first cat who just passed away in December from recurring Vaccine Associated Sarcoma. (Cancer from her Rabies Shot being given in her shoulder)

2 dogs - sweet Black Lab through rescue who just turned 11 years; awesome young Rottie, age 2. Always in my heart, my very dear Rottie at the Bridge, who was/is quite special - Esmonds Extra Special! < my Cagney girl!>

I have four cats and they are taking over my apartment! I had a much older cat, 16 years, then last year adopted a young stray which I lured in with deli turkey. The stray got out for a week at the end of December and when she came back was pregnant. The two kittens are about ten weeks old now. I have to buy a house just so I have enough room for all of them. That's good though, it encourages me to buy a house before the eight thousand dollar tax incentive stops in December!

Back