How many pets do you have?

I have one; a palm cockatoo

The following pets own this home, three mutts, one that darn cat, one squirrel and a pond full of Koi fish. Enuff! :giggle:

Here is a pic of two of the mutts taking me for a walk on the beach ...

joewajgiftfrcl10oct05.jpg

(I'm just a provider of food and let them out side person who is not afraid of no stinking fashion police.)

:giggle: Love your comment about your mutts taking YOU out... I think that line also suited my cats very well!

Meow - in - meow - out... ALL day long :giggle: But I always loved my cats no matter what!

Your kitty is oh so cute Mrs Bucket. Cats are to be spoiled! :D Just like any other pet for that matter! I feel always very bad when I see animals in those poor shelters and that don't have anybody who loves them. :(

I think all of our pets here feel like heaven on earth! ;)

JamieLynn

:shock: I had 12 animals! :shock:

Now I have 2. :(

7 of them died during the December 2nd-3rd Windstorm of 2007. Then the other 3 passed from depression.

Now--just Sassie & MacGregor. :)

I am a dog trainer.

I am just getting started in training as well! I have done a lot of training with my own dogs and with family/friends dogs, but now I'm working with a CPDT in her classes. Learning how to teach the owners how to train is tougher than I expected! I have done lots of research on my own on the types of conditioning behavior etc, so I'd be all set to sit for the exam part of the CPDT test, but I need to get in more hours teaching classes first.

Right now I have 7 pets. I have one dog, Jack Daniels, that just celebrated his 8th birthday this week. He's a Jack Russell Terrier.

2355569490_3444226c68.jpg

2434824725_9bc8b80d01.jpg

I also have 6 rats. I have had anywhere from 2, up to 13 at one time. Here are some of the current crew.

Nutmeg
2341712209_b2493788c0.jpg

Paprika
2342541028_af18f96d58.jpg

Bruschi
2341710431_6b2a26db39.jpg

Tek (L) & Youk (R)
2041951673_d8be0c338f.jpg

Munchkin
m3.jpg

frostywolf,

Oh, your dog is sooo cute!!!

I had a beloved 4 years old Jack Russell, and she didn't make it last January. (My dog's vet didn't know why - it was probably a tiny Lyme disease. She had blood tests, and she was very sick in one day.) I didn't want to scare you. It is so nice to see your dog that similar to my dog. Your dog is so special to you.

Jack Daniels is the perfect name for that dog of yours!

I like the pictures of Nutmeg, Paprika :lol:, and munchkin.

Do you know much about aquariums in terms of heating, and air filtration during black-outs? I would like to be better prepared next time.

Do you know much about aquariums in terms of heating, and air filtration during black-outs? I would like to be better prepared next time.

Unfortunately, no. I worked at the New England Aquarium, mostly working with mammals, reptiles and occasionally the penguins. The only thing I did with fish species was caring for patients in the medical center, so it was just checking water quality, doing water changes, feeding and administering medications. Oh, and I anesthetized the fish coming out of quarantine to take skin scrapings/gill clippings to check for parasites.

The exhibit tanks mostly used water from Boston Harbor that went through a huge filtration system (think gigantic boiler room). Way more complex than I care to try to understand. :shock:

Last edited:
frostywolf,

Oh, your dog is sooo cute!!!

I had a beloved 4 years old Jack Russell, and she didn't make it last January. (My dog's vet didn't know why - it was probably a tiny Lyme disease. She had blood tests, and she was very sick in one day.) I didn't want to scare you. It is so nice to see your dog that similar to my dog. Your dog is so special to you.

Thanks! Sorry to hear about your pup. I work in a veterinary hospital and it is so tough to see sudden illnesses like that. Sometimes the owners never found out what happened. It's very sad.

My dog is my best bud! I actually had a humorous bit of art commissioned (cost me a bit of $$ but I'm nuts like that):
jack.jpg

Thanks! Sorry to hear about your pup. I work in a veterinary hospital and it is so tough to see sudden illnesses like that. Sometimes the owners never found out what happened. It's very sad.

My dog is my best bud! I actually had a humorous bit of art commissioned (cost me a bit of $$ but I'm nuts like that):
jack.jpg

Ah, my dog loved to chase the squirrels in the woods. Susie was over thrilled to be in any games especially JR Fun Day games with JR dogs in Glastonbury, CT (once a year). Most of time, she never kills the squirrels. She worshipped all cats. I don't know how to get over with my thinking of my dog.

It is so rare to find the right Jack Russell who is not afraid of swimming in the water, less barks, Tomboy, a little aggressive girl, she understood how to find a stick by telling her yes and no where I threw it in the woods, loves to get play with toys, stubborn swimming a lot (beaches and ponds), stood in the water looking at the little fishes for a few hours. Susie taught my Sheba dog (mixed Basenji) to swim, and find a stick. They always sat on the front between two seats in the car, and they cried and excited when we drove in the country or woods area because of the squirrels. Does your dog, Jack, do those things in his activities?

This is my Jack russell, from working breed (old english type)... His name is Boris, he's two. We do Agility, He loves it. He hunts for rats/mouse at yards. He's my loyal companion. The Boxer is Ziggy, I look after her while her owners are on holiday.

View attachment 13613

Jack Daniels is gorgeous...

frostywolf, I love your guys - I enjoy rats! They are very social and smart in my experience. Good luck with your CPDT/behavioral studies! I have about half the hours I need for the test and have been working with dogs particularly for many years but what prior background I had before starting for the testing doesn't count due to timeframe and type of background. My original mentor trainer stopped teaching group and I have just started with a different mentor trainer after about a year or so of searching for someone else who needed someone AND who uses +re/-pun /Clicker.

Am sad to hear about loss of your dog, webexplorer! We had a very special Rottie girl whom we lost <died> in the last couple of years and we miss her very much -

It is so rare to find the right Jack Russell who is not afraid of swimming in the water, less barks, Tomboy, a little aggressive girl, she understood how to find a stick by telling her yes and no where I threw it in the woods, loves to get play with toys, stubborn swimming a lot (beaches and ponds), stood in the water looking at the little fishes for a few hours. Susie taught my Sheba dog (mixed Basenji) to swim, and find a stick. They always sat on the front between two seats in the car, and they cried and excited when we drove in the country or woods area because of the squirrels. Does your dog, Jack, do those things in his activities?

I call my boy the stereotypical JRT. He has the highest prey drive of any dog I've ever met, and he kills small animals that he catches in the backyard all the time. He has caught chipmunks, shrews, rabbits and birds. He has never caught a squirrell, though, they are smart enough to get up the tree fast! I've never taken him to the lake, but he doesn't enjoy his kiddie pool too much. I'll toss toys in there for him to get to cool him off in the summer, but he tries to grab them from the edge without getting in. And he loves car rides because he has a booster seat so he can watch out the windows at all the squirrels, birds etc.

My JRT loves swimming, he jumps in from height, we live near the ocean also i work on the boats. I would throw things in the water for him to retreive. He also rarely barks but sure do growl at posties!!. He had caught Mice, rats, rabbits, tried to chase after a pheasant, squirrels. He loved to chase my late horse, my cat!!!! but the cat always wins! He does love going in the car with me... Booster seat... as in kids booster seat???

I call my boy the stereotypical JRT. He has the highest prey drive of any dog I've ever met, and he kills small animals that he catches in the backyard all the time. He has caught chipmunks, shrews, rabbits and birds. He has never caught a squirrell, though, they are smart enough to get up the tree fast! I've never taken him to the lake, but he doesn't enjoy his kiddie pool too much. I'll toss toys in there for him to get to cool him off in the summer, but he tries to grab them from the edge without getting in. And he loves car rides because he has a booster seat so he can watch out the windows at all the squirrels, birds etc.

With a seat belt? :giggle:

Mine has that!

Oh, the booster seat. That's a great idea!

I think that I should get one for my dog, Sheba. I wonder I would able to install it between the front seats. Although, Sheba is a little bigger than my former dog Susie. :hmm: Thanks!

Back