Votes: 35 46.1%
  • No - Never was

Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Yes - Hearing loss made me quit though

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Yes - Learned AFTER hearing loss

Votes: 21 27.6%

• Total voters
I play the Guitar, Bass Guitar and Mandolin. The guitar is an old classical one that someone threw out cos it was no good, which was then rescued by me and done up/ Not especially brilliant on any of them, but did play in a group when I was in my 20's.
I play occasionally with friends now but I'm not as passionate about music now, I guess I'll find my Mojo again soon :)

Apparently, I don't have a reply on here, so here it is.

I am a musician. I play drums currently, and I have played bass guitar in the past. 6 months ago, I started to learn to play didgeridoo.

I have played in the entire school program in the school I went to from 5th grade to graduation, and a year in college. I was in a trans rock band in the mid-oughts as their drummer and got to open Houston Pride festival in 2005 as the first of 3 performances that day.

Currently, I'm not playing with anyone, as I don't know where my life is taking me, but I know that it's time for me to move on. To where is the question.

Hi I'm back haven't been around for awhile. But it seems every time I'm around family it makes me wish I were a normal person(But don't hate me, I am proud to be HOH, its just hard sometimes). I started taking guitar lessons this past september. So now I've been going for 9 weeks. I get 1 1/2hr lesson as week. It took me 5 weeks to learn one page. We are now finally off of E-F-G and on to B-C-D.
gr_gra1k_pink.jpg

that's what it looks like.

I love music

:wave:I was born very hard of hearing/borderline deaf. I have Usher syndrome. I learned to play guitar after I was born. HaHaHa. I've been plaing guitar for a long time, but I'm not very good and can't sing, but I do lip sink. I play and "sing" with my friends. I'ts just fun and I love it. Music is great!!!

Electric and Acoustic guitar, Banjo, Teeth Harp, Electronic Keyboards and Piano, Drums,

i play flute & piano fairly well, moderate percussion abilities mostly mallets, beginner-level clarinet and trumpet, and i sing...
i used to have all the trombone slide positions memorized b/c the trombone players in my 8th grade band never knew them so whenever they asked our director got tired of telling them so he'd ask random people in other sections in the band, usually flutes. the last chair percussionist in our class went up to the 1st chair trombone player, produced a mouthpiece from a school trombone, and played the part for the 1st chair trombone player. wayyy better than he ever played. the next year he quit... anyway i mostly just go by "flute player". it's easier to say and according to my band director it "explains a lot" about me, and "are you sure there's no lead in your mouthpiece?"

yeah...I'm the Deaf version of Nine Inch Nails i.e trent reznor. I do everything myself...

no record deal yet.
dammit.

51LeY9BqYpL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

When I first saw the rock band in the above DVD I just wanted so bad to be there in the audience! Everyone was rocking!

When I first saw Children of a Lesser God (way, way back) I did not know, like your typical clueless hearie, that Deaf individuals could experience music via the vibrations of speakers and counting out the beat. I remember telling myself, after watching that motion picture, that I wanted to (in some way) be apart of Deaf culture even though I was a hearing person.

Hearies without understanding should MUST see that DVD, as well as Sound And Fury in order to open their minds about the Deaf and hard-of-hearing world. I learned much about Deaf culture just from those two DVDs. I began to understand to a great degree what Deaf culture in general is, generally speaking, is mostly about: the issues involving implants, why some deaf/hard-of-hearing folks are angry at the hearing people (justifiably so) and Deaf pride.

_

Yes, played (and may again) professionally. Guitar, sing, violin, write my own music. This is a sore subject for me. At times, I'm ok with this, at others I'm not. I thought it was just a little sound damage from amplifiers and PA speakers, but last week I found I have Menier's and my Biological Aunt is deaf, when I had the first serious attack. I have deaf friends and have for years. I sign fluently, and have always been the hearing friend in the group. Now, I take it as it comes.

I'm not sure if that helps any.

Back