Votes: 35 46.1%
  • No - Never was

Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Yes - Hearing loss made me quit though

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Yes - Learned AFTER hearing loss

Votes: 21 27.6%

• Total voters
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) 320x320; XV6900; Window Mobile 6.1 Professional;)

Bass player since my progressive hearing loss days. Gone through 3 basses, first two precision, 3rd jazz. During my improvised sessions with friends, I also did backup vocals - and no I will not demonstrate my siinging here! :P The stage for that is in the shower! :shock:

:hmm: So you invite us all to observe you in the shower? :shock:

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) 320x320; XV6900; Window Mobile 6.1 Professional;)

Great Idea!

Had no idea you could think like that! You naughty you! :lol:

I voted yes, before and after. I play the piano just about everyday, and the violin at least once a week. Even though I can't truly hear all of it, I can feel it. Sometimes, when I feel like I am playing well, I imagine the sound.

I voted yes, before and after. I play the piano just about everyday, and the violin at least once a week. Even though I can't truly hear all of it, I can feel it. Sometimes, when I feel like I am playing well, I imagine the sound.

Same here, a pianist. More accurately a ragtime Pianist. Practice almost every day 2 to 3 hours.
Ragtime Piano!

This is interesting.

My son is overwhelmingly musical. He has 60% hearing loss. He is incredibly musical, has just started learning the trumpet, and is really good for 10.

He has asked me - in his down moments - 'what's the point?'. I told him Beethoven is the world's most famous deaf composer and it didn't stop him :)

Hi everyone

I used to play in a band along with my uncle, was playing Keyword, Bass and Drums. I was 14 when Id start it then quit when I was 18 because we got split up..and I was too young so no where to go and play so i got rid of my bass and keyword... till now just remember playing spanish rock! but quit because cant recognize the note as before.....

Just got new batteries for the little electric keyboard we have and I am back to practicing again. Kids are learning to play their guitars. Daughter has an acoustic with steel strings and son has an electric.

I'm HOH. Just learning how to play guitar. I have a Fender Stratocaster and an Ibanez G.

I was born with hearing loss.

Son is planning on selling his guitar and gear. Too bad - he's offered to sell it to the church, so we will see.

I experience drum band. I love drum because I can't hear because rough, I know I think so 9 or 14 yrs. I think so might I can't remember my memory. I lost my memory loss :( I know be erase my memory

Son is planning on selling his guitar and gear. Too bad - he's offered to sell it to the church, so we will see.

Found out, the church doesn't want it. Some guy hubby works with is buying it all. I'm kind of bummed, but only because it seems that everything we buy this kids except for his PSP and such, he turns around and sells or gets rid of.

How bout you sell it and keep the money lol. What is he spending the money on?

Speaking of games, there are several ragtime piano pieces I have that play the tunes heard in Animal Crossings like Yoshi's Island Athletic Theme, Yoshi Valley - Moo Moo Farm, Super Mario Brothers Rag, K.K. Ragtime, etc....

I started losing my hearing when I was 10 and have now lost most of the high frequencies. I'm 25 now and have been playing guitar for 3 years.
I play classical and fingerstyle mostly but have been working on my shredding too lately :)

I got myself an electric guitar but it was disappointing as I couldn't hear most of the notes up the neck. I still play it though I have to imagine some parts of what I'm playing.

I've got a question though. I've heard that music perception is horrible through CIs.
Is this really always true?

I play Guitar, Bass, Keyboard, and most importantly, I do DJ. I make and programmed Hip-hop, electronic beats, on my laptop for some wild DJ parties. You can find my website at Home - Def Kris Inc. Yes... the name of my company is Def Kris which mean that I am Deaf and my name is Chris!! Def Kris! Nifty name eh?

I'm sure this has probably been touched on here before but I am very new here and would really like to know. :stupid:

I've already talked with Alex and understand that we have a lot in common with our guitar playing. I also play drums, bass and keyboards.

I'm really interested to know how many of the members here are musicians, what they play, how long they've been playing, and how their hearing loss has impacted their musical abilities. :dj:

I am Deaf, born Deaf...but I wear HAs in both and I am a musician. I've been playing the piano since I was 5 years old and although my Deafness makes it difficult sometimes to write music-I enjoy writing music and infact it's the only thing seem to be the best at. I do sing but do not sing for other people. :)

Your question is not stupid! Alot of people look at me funny when I say I write music...it's my personal opinion that if you work hard enough you can do anything you set your mind to and if I want to write music, I will Deaf or not.

band page: reverbnation.com/jaspheth.

Back