How many do you have the different languages included sign language?

DreamyHawaii

Reaction score
I lives in Hawaii I know some of Hawaiian language and mostly of english that is all. My deaf friend from Finland he been studied 8 different languages that he been attending class to come visiting different countries with teacher. It was really fun.I have been thought of about become exchange student someday.

:) I know British and German languages including sign languages.

I know Korean and American language include sign languages fluntly... I learn how do that long time ago... It would fresh my memory when I meet Korean or American one day...

I only know English and ASL, that's all I know for the most.

I am fluent in ASL, English, German and French.
I know some Danish, Dutch, Japanese and Vietnamese.
I also know some LSF, BSL and DGS.

English, Spanish, American Sign Language, and Finnish. (THe only thing that I wouldn't include is that I did take two weeks worth of French in highschool before I transfered to a Spanish class. J'est Kirsi. C'est Alldeaf. C'est la vie!)

I did learn some of FinSL from my aunt in Pori, Finland.
I can do some of LSM because of the high number of Deaf Mexican (and South American) immigrants in my high school...but it is hard to sign only LSM because a lot of Hispanic Deaf around here used HSL and LSM together.
I can do BSL alphabet but I could stumble for some letters. I know one that is considered as an offensive BSL sign that goes somewhere "woman, man, sex, you" which was popular among San Diegans back in late 90s...
I know the sign for "Isolated" in Auslan (met an Aussie from some city called Periot or Deriot that is in SouthWestern of Australia known as the "most isolated city in the world").

Finland, included several other countries, has a mandatory for students to learn at least five European countries' languages. It has been required since ever. My mother learned six when she was in secondary school back in the 50s: Finnish, Swedish, English, Spanish, German, and Dutch before she migrated to North America where she learned French (due to live in Canada for four years) and American Sign Language (due to moi)

kuifje75 said:
I am fluent in ASL, English, German and French.
I know some Danish, Dutch, Japanese and Vietnamese.
I also know some LSF, BSL and DGS.

Anata wa, shitte iru nihongo ga ikutsu desu ka? :lol:
(How much Japanese do you know??)

I know English, Japanese, ASL, a little bit of Tagalog, and I know 4 signs in JSL. :rofl:

JSL is confusing though....

In JSL the sign for "what" is the same as the ASL sign for "where", the sign for "like" is similar in asl, but comes out from the chin and uses the index finger and thumb, instead of the middle finger and thumb from the chest in ASL.

Teg

knows russian and its sign language, English and ASL, abit Mexico aka Spanish sign language deaf parent lives near my home often see them interested to learn :thumb:

Can you typing down to say it in russian language?

I like to see proof that you do aware of russian language and write it down?
Give us an example. How do you say " I LOVE YOU " in russian language?

Freewoman76 said:
knows russian and its sign language, English and ASL, abit Mexico aka Spanish sign language deaf parent lives near my home often see them interested to learn :thumb:

No I just wondering that is all.

I just want to wondering that is all. I am not saying that believe you not. ok I am just learn something from you. I might want to learn about russian sometimes.
Я люблю тебя means I love you right? Mahalo Nui Loa!

http://elenann.euro.ru/rus/Love/lang.htm

Freewoman76 said:
YES! then how would u believe?! u dont know Russian :aw:

DreamyHawaii said:
I just want to wondering that is all. I am not saying that believe you not. ok I am just learn something from you. I might want to learn about russian sometimes.
Я люблю тебя means I love you right? Mahalo Nui Loa!

yes, it is in Russian
welcome, any more u wanna to learn?

I do want to learn something better but just little bit ok.

Thanks do you know what is Mahalo Nui Loa?

Freewoman76 said:
yes, it is in Russian
welcome, any more u wanna to learn?

deafdyke said:
I want to learn to speak Polish. I have Slovak relatives and Slovak is just a dialect of Polish.

I have Slovak and Polish relatives. I didn't know Slovak was a Polish dialect! Cool! I know English, French, ASL, PSE (if u count that LOL).

Back