How many do you have the different languages included sign language?

Ok it is hawaiian word

Mahalo Nui Loa means Thank you very much.
Aloha Nui Loa means I love you very much and much more too. Aloha have 4 words in one word means I love you, good bye, hello,and mercy.
Pau means finish,done,already,stop,and no more.
ipo ipo ipo means make love for sex.

Freewoman76 said:

tegumi said:
Anata wa, shitte iru nihongo ga ikutsu desu ka? :lol:
(How much Japanese do you know??)

I know English, Japanese, ASL, a little bit of Tagalog, and I know 4 signs in JSL. :rofl:

JSL is confusing though....

In JSL the sign for "what" is the same as the ASL sign for "where", the sign for "like" is similar in asl, but comes out from the chin and uses the index finger and thumb, instead of the middle finger and thumb from the chest in ASL.

Teg

こんいちは。 お元気ですか。私は日本語が勉強する。私は日本語堪能なできません。
(Hello. How are you? I am studying Japanese. I am not fluent in Japanese.)

I have a deaf friend who lives in the Island of Hokkaido, and we have been friends for like over 10 years. We still write to each other from time to time, and I am due for a visit to Japan! Several years ago, she gave me a copy of JSL dictionary, and it was really cool to go through it.

kuifje75 said:
こんいちは。 お元気ですか。私は日本語が勉強する。私は日本語堪能なできません。
(Hello. How are you? I am studying Japanese. I am not fluent in Japanese.)

I have a deaf friend who lives in the Island of Hokkaido, and we have been friends for like over 10 years. We still write to each other from time to time, and I am due for a visit to Japan! Several years ago, she gave me a copy of JSL dictionary, and it was really cool to go through it.

Actually it should be...

こんにちは。 お元気ですか。 私は日本語を勉強している。 私の日本語が堪能な
できません。

You had a couple typos, but I would expect that from someone who isnt fluent. No biggie, I like editing stuff. :D . Your friend lives in Hokkaido? Wow, thats cool. I wanted to go there while I was in Japan but it is so distant from where I was, and then you have to get back once you get there.

Teg

Fluent in ASL, Danish Deaf Sign Language, English, and Danish.

I'm pretty good at Swedish, and Norwegian, mostly due to similarities to Danish.

What I mean is reading fluency. Speaking Danish, Norwegian, or Swedish is hard because I can't hear it. English is my native tongue so speaking and reading are natural for me.

tegumi said:
Actually it should be...

こんにちは。 お元気ですか。 私は日本語を勉強している。 私の日本語が堪能な
できません。

Thanks for the correction. I have not practised verbs for a long time, so I really should get back to practising it again. I am better at reading the hiragana/katakana/kanji combination than trying to speak it cos I don't even know what some characters mean as far as sounds go. I constantly play this online game to make sure I don't forget the Japanese characters I have learned throughout the years.

http://www.msu.edu/~lakejess/kanjigame.html

I have Slovak relatives and Slovak is just a dialect of Polish.

hey, I forgot about this thread I am so sorry!
well Slovak is not really a dialect of Polish, Slovak is a language spoken in Slovakia part of former Czekhoslovakia (sp??) which borders with Poland.

But because of ever changing borders between Poland and neighbouring countries there is certain language mix in parts of Poland.

Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Czech, Slovakian, Bielorussian, former Yugoslavia languages and some other all belong to a group of Slavic languages though..

you may find more here if interested:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_languages

If you want to learn Polish or Slovak, go for it :)

Fuzzy

Back