How many Deaf people in the world?

Yes that is true becuz their son can inherit the land and pass on the family name. Some chinese couples had baby girl born instead of hoped for boy and they kill th girl and try again to have baby boy. Its sad that culture does not value the girls.

I know it also happens in India, but fortunately I am a girl and still alive, after being born to Indian parents, fortunately my parents are the more progressive modern day type of people with a perfect balance of traditon values and modern values!! Instead of being hardcore indian fanatics...and having to worry about dowry etc...

Kashveera

Yes that is true becuz their son can inherit the land and pass on the family name. Some chinese couples had baby girl born instead of hoped for boy and they kill th girl and try again to have baby boy. Its sad that culture does not value the girls.

Not long ago maybe a year ago I watched a tv show that chinese government officials were expressing serious considerations about off balance with their boys/girls populate ratio. They are working on it, they said. It was caused by their law to restrict one child per family so they prefer a boy after a girl due to few reasons.

By the way, chinese prez before the current one even bragged once that he can have 200 million army men... just exact numbers stated in the Book of Revelations that the Kings of the East will march 200 million army toward Israel in Armageddon.

In fact Theirs are the first and sole country that could fill in that numbers nowadays as the first time ever there is a possibilty since that thousand years old prophecy written by John the Revelation.

By the way, chinese prez before the current one even bragged once that he can have 200 million army men... just exact numbers stated in the Book of Revelations that the Kings of the East will march 200 million army toward Israel in Armageddon.

That is nothing to brag about...given the outcome.

Another reason is that the boy eventually takes care of the parents when they are old. The girl becomes part of her husband's family and takes care of her in-laws.

It not so much that the culture doesn't value the girls as the system is rigged against them with this one-child per couple nonsense. It simply increased the value of the boys given the cultural affinity the Chinese have toward boys to begin with.

Before the Chinese went heck-bent on one child policy, the population ratio between boys and girls was fairly balanced. Now, they have a disaster on their hands and they know it and they are in a bind no matter what they do. It will take a long time to straightened out if ever.

Back